Last updated on November 8th, 2020 at 03:21 pm
Step by step guide on how to Unlock Bootloader on Poco X3 NFC without 168 hours error and start modification
Are you not satisfied with stock features of your Poco X3 NFC MIUI 12 Smartphone? If yes then you can root your device for custom settings and modifications. Root access will help you to change system files of the device, so that you can apply the changes in your own way. But before that you have to unlock bootloader first. Same as any other Xiaomi or Redmi phones, Xiaomi Poco X3 also comes with pre-locked bootloader from manufacturer.
With help of this tool, users can unlock bootloader of any Xiaomi phone within one click. But problem is that you need to ask for permission for unlocking. Sometime, it may take long time to get verification code on registered number. To avoid this limitation, we can use un-official bootloader unlocking trick for Poco X3 NFC mobile. This unofficial method will unlock bootloader instantly without getting official permission.
Poco X3 NFC Specifications – Overview
Recently in September 2020, Poco X3 NFC hybrid Dual SIM model was launched which is a sub-brand of Xiaomi. After getting huge success of Poco F1 and Poco X2, the company released the Poco X3 NFC for Poco phone lovers. Now a day this device is coming in 16,999 or $230 which is decent price according the phone’s specifications.
The device is powered by latest Octa-core CPU and Qualcomm SM7150-AC Snapdragon 732G processor, which slightly upgraded version of 730G that we found in older Poco X2 model. Users can get this device into two different variants 6 GB & 8 GB RAM or 64 GB & 128 GB internal storage which can be further expanded up to 256 GB via a micro SD card. 6.67 inches large display with quick touch sense is really good for gamers and video content users to watch movies and videos in big screen. Poco X3 NFC has a quad camera setup to the rear with a configuration of 64+13+2+2 MP and a single front-facing 20MP sensor.
Additionally, Poco X3 NFC (Surya) comes with NFC feature to make your cardless payment much easier. Poco X3 is the first phone from Xiaomi which have this NFC payment feature that’s why they introduced this with brand name. To make it more reliable, company added mammoth 5160 mAh battery [non-removal]. If we talk about Poco X3 NFC android version, out of the box phone comes with latest android 10 MIUI 12 and very soon you will see android 11 version.
READ MORE : How To Flash Firmware On Poco X3 NFC [ Official Stock ROM ]
Requirements To Unlock Poco X3 Bootloader
As we already told you, bootloader unlocking is the most important step in order to customize and modify the device. Once you have bootloader unlocked Poco X3 NFC mobile in your hand, you are free to root your device, install custom TWRP, custom Mods and custom ROMs etc.
Before going to jump into Poco X3 bootloader unlocking process, it’s must to know that it will void phone warranty of your device. So, it’s advisable to unlock bootloader of your device after warranty. Otherwise, do it on your own risk. Bootloader unlocking will not harm your device but it will wipe all user data and phone data completely.
- Remove restriction from your device.
- Flash custom recovery (CWM/TWRP) after unlock bootloader Poco X3 NFC
- Get root access on Poco X3
- Install custom ROMs like Lineage OS, Resurrection ROM, etc.
- Flash mods app/apk.
- Official permission for customization and modification.
- Phone warranty will void after bootloader unlocking.
- Bootloader unlocking process will format your device.
Different Methods To Unlock Bootloader On Poco X3 NFC MIUI 12
Users can unlock Poco X3 NFC bootloader with and without official unlock tool. Here we are describing both methods one by one. Official bootloader unlocking process may take 7-10 days for approval. So, you can also try the unofficial method to unlock bootloader of poco X3 android 10 mobile.
Method01 Unlock Bootloader Poco X3 NFC With Mi Unlock Tool [ official Method ]
Still want to unlock Poco X3 NFC bootloader then read the below guide and follow all the instructions one by one. Here in this section we are adding official method to unlock Xiaomi Poco X3 bootloader using Mi unlock tool. This is an universal Xiaomi bootloader unlock process and works fine on Poco X3 MIUI 12.
- Charge The Device : Before going to continue, charge the device approx 80% to prevent accidental power off in between the unlocking process.
- Windows PC or Laptop: Mi unlock tool is windows pc software. So, pc or laptop is required to unlock bootloader of Poco X3 MIUI 12 android 10 / Android 11.
- Update USB Drivers : This is an optional step but we recommend you to update Qualcomm USB drivers on pc for error free process.
- Download Mi Unlock Tool : Xiaomi officially allows user to unlock bootloader of all Xiaomi and Redmi devices. For this, you have to download Mi unlock tool or Poco Bootloader unlock tool.
Download Poco X3 NFC Bootloader Unlocking Tool : Mi Unlock Tool
- Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock : This is an important step, otherwise tool will not detect the attached device for unlocking. Follow the below instructions and unlock OEM & Enable USB debugging on Poco X3 mobile.
Step02 Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC Bootloader Unlock using Mi Unlock Tool
- Boot Poco X3 into “fastboot Mode” manually.
Power off the device.
Press & hold volume down key + power key at the same time and wait until you see the bunny logo.
- Connect the device with pc or laptop via working USB cable and device should be in fastboot mode.
- Download Mi unlock tool and launch miflash_unlock.exe as administrator.
- Once the tool opened, Click on “”Agree”, then login with Mi account. [ Here you have to login with the same existing Mi account. In short, Mi account should be same on both mobile and Mi bootloader unlock tool.
- Now tool will verify whether your phone is eligible for bootloader unlocking or not.
- Once the device is verified, you will see “Phone Connected” message. That means, you are now eligible to unlock your device.
- Click on “UNLOCK” button to start unlocking process on Mi unlock tool.
- Poco X3 bootloader unlocking processes will be start and it will take couple of minutes to complete the device. After completing the process you can see successful message “UNLOCKED SUCCESSFULLY”.
- Now again click on “Reboot” phone button and it will restart the device automatically.
- All done!! Xiaomi Poco X3 android 10 MIUI 12 bootloader unlock process done and we can check the status from the developer option section.
Detail Guide : How To Use Mi Unlock Tool To Unlock Bootloader
Method02 Poco X3 Bootloader Unlock Without 168 Hour Error
In the above method, you need to ask for official permission from mi team and then they accept or reject your request. But here you have to wait for 168 hours to get confirmation message on your registered number. After getting the bootloader unlocking permission, you can go for next to bootloader unlocking.
But if you don’t want to wait for official permission or want to unlock Poco X3 bootloader instantly without error, use the specific version of Mi unlock tool.
Just replace the latest Mi unlock tool with Mi Unlock tool version 3.3.525.23 [older version]. This version is also an official bootloader unlock tool powered by Xiaomi. But it’s an very initial version of this tool which works without asking for bootloader unlocking permission.
Download Mi unlock Tool : 3.33.525.23 [ Get From here - Mi Unlock Tool ]
Quarries About Poco X3 MIUI 12 Bootloader Unlock
Q1. Is Poco X3 NFC Bootloader unlocking Safe?
Ans. Bootloader unlocking is an official method and will not hard or damage your file. But it may void warranty of your device.
Q2. Can we unlock bootloader without losing phone data?
Ans. No there is no any official and unofficial method to unlock bootloader of the device without losing data.
Q3. Bootloader Unlocking is enough for rooting?
Ans. Bootloader unlocking is the first step before any modification. After that you are free to apply any rooting method.
So guys ,these are simple steps to unlock bootloader on Poco X3 using Mi unlock tool without permission or with official permission. Just because both are official bootloader unlock methods for Poco X3 NFC, you no need to worry about any issue. All the files and tools are 100% working and tested by our team.
Once you have bootloader unlocked Poco X3 in your hand, root your device and start customization according to your own choice.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.