Create Pre Rooted Patched Boot.img With Magisk
Do you know we can create patched boot image file to root any android phone? Yes, it’s really very easy to root any android phone by creating patched boot.img file. After creating the patched boot image, flash it via sp flash tool [if it’s mtk ] or adb & fastboot commands. That’s it.
Here in this guide we will show you a step by step guide to create pre rooted patched boot.img file using Magisk manger apk. By using this newly created pre rooted patched boot.img file, you can root phone without twrp recovery. In short, no need to flash TWRP recovery on your device to get root access. Once you have root access on your phone, you are free to apply different android tweaks and modification as a developer.
Important Points About The Tutorial
- Bootloader unlocking process will wipe all user data and phone data of the device.
- Use the official stock ROM’s boot image file to create patched boot image file.
- Charge the device approx 80% to prevent accidental power off in between the process.
- Working USB cable and pc/laptop required to perform this task [only if you want to root your device ].
Pre-Requirements To Create PatchedBoot.img file
- Download “Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool” on pc. [ DOWNLOAD ]
- Download “Platform Tool”. [ DOWNLOAD ]
- Download “Magisk Manager APK” on phone. [ DOWNLOAD ]
- Download official stock ROM for your device.
Steps To Create Pre Rooted Patched Boot.Img File Using Magisk App
- Download and install “magisk Manager apk” on mobile.
- Extract the downloaded stock ROM zip file on pc.
- Find the boot.img file from firmware folder and move it into phone storage.
- Now run the Magisk Manager app on your device, click on update, select Patch boot.img option and browse the boot.img file from your phone storage.
- Wait for couple of minutes and Magsik will create new patched boot.img file for you.
- After completing the process, find the newly created patchedboot.img file in download folder.
Pre patched boot image file created by Magisk manger app. So now if you want to root your device then follow the next steps.
Flash Pre Rooted Patched Boot Image Using ADB Commands
In this section, we will flash patched boot.img file using adb & fastboot commands. All the listed commands and steps are universal for all MTK phones.
Root MTK Using Patched Boot.img File
- Download and install “Minimal ADB & fastboot tool” on windows pc.
- Extract the downloaded “Platform Tool” zip file on pc.
- Copy the newly created patched boot.img file from your device and move it into “Platform tool” folder.
- Enable USb debugging on your device and connect it with pc via working USb cable.
- Again go to “Platform tool” folder, press & hold “Shift” key + “Right” click and select “open command window here” or “open power shell window here” option.
- Type the below adb command to check if the device is properly connected with pc or not?
Check your phone screen and allow USB debugging permission by clicking on “OK” button.
- Execute the below command to boot device into bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
adb reboot fastboot
- Now type the below command again to unlock bootloader of the device.
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot getvar unlocked
- In next step, execute the fastboot command to flash patched boot.img file on MTK phone.
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- After successful flashing, type the below command to reboot device into normal mode from fastboot mode.
- Done!!! Download and install supersu app to verify root access on the device. Or you can also check it by magisk manager apk.
In this way we can create patched boot.img using magisk app and then can flash it via fastboot command to gain full root permission on the device. This is the easiest method to root any phone without TWRP recovery. In case, you have MTK phone then you may use Sp flash tool to flash patched boot.img file to root MTK phone.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.