Fix Error Writing Proxy Settings Access is denied Error In Windows 11 On Start Up
After the launching of the windows 11 update, many users are shifting on the lasted windows OS by upgrading their older OS. Microsoft Windows team is trying hard to make it popular as windows 10 OS.
But problem is that windows 11 os users are also facing different types of software-related issues like “Bluetooth audio is not working” and “Error writing proxy settings. Access is denied” on startup. Experiencing this type of issue is really very frustrating for those who are the sole owner of their system. But don’t worry, it’s not a big problem if you know how to deal with that.
Most of the users reported this “access denied error” when they restart windows 11 pc. A command prompt pop-up on the screen with the following alter “Error writing proxy settings. Access is denied”. A third-party app or program is probably trying to access Command Prompt when logging into your user account.
If you are also facing the exact same windows 11 Writing Proxy Settings Access is denied Error then follow the below solutions to fix this unwanted error.
How to Fix Error Writing Proxy Settings in Windows 11 OS
This windows 11 OS error can be due to multiple reasons. But good thing is that solutions are very easy to apply for everyone. Let’s see how do you get your windows 11 system back from the writing proxy settings. Access is denied error.
Solution 01 Perform A Clean Boot Process In W11
Clean boot is the first step to remove this error within a few minutes. For this, just clean boot your Windows 11 system and re-check for the “error writing proxy settings” alert.
Mostly, this access denied alert comes when a third-party app or program is trying to access or edit your proxy settings automatically when you log into your user account. In that case, you need to stop their access. If any third-party app or program is a reason for this error on your system, a clean boot will stop permanently.
Steps To Clean Boot Your Windows 11 System
- Open the “Windows Search box” and type msconfig to open the “System configuration app”.
- Launch the “System Configuration” >>>> select the “Services” tab.
- Next, tick the checkbox – Hide all Microsoft services as shown in the below screenshot.
- In the last, click the Disable all option.
- Now Navigate to the “Startup” tab >>>> select the “Task Manager” >>>> Right-click on all the startup programs that you want to disable.
- Save all the applied new settings, and check the results.
Solution 02 Uninstall Unwanted Apps And Programs From Your System
This step is not necessary but we recommend you to delete or remove all the recently installed programs including that you no longer need to use.
- Open Control Panel.
- Select the “Uninstall a program” section.
- Now, select the program that you want to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button.
Solution 03 Change Your Terminal Settings
Windows users can customize their windows terminal according to their needs. This windows Terminal has some amazing features with the ability to customize a ton of options and tailor the experience according to the user’s preference. That’s why many users love to customize it.
But some users reported that “writing proxy settings. Access is denied error in w11” comes after new customization. In that case, change the terminal settings again and check for errors again.
- Open Settings >>> Click the Privacy & Security.
- go to For developers.
- Scroll down to the Terminal option.
- Enter into the drop-down menu to select a different Terminal version.
These are the best and working solutions to fix writing proxy settings. Access is denied error in windows 11 computer. To resolve this error, perform a clean boot and then remove the unwanted programs and applications to avoid triggering these messages.