Amazon : How To Change email On Amazon App And Website
Hey guys, once again we are here with another “How to guide” and today we are going to discuss “ways to change the email address for your Amazon account”. This guide is really for all those users who are planning to change the email address associated with their Amazon account.
Big fact is that chances are very low to change email account addresses throughout life. But it’s also possible if you have decided to use a new work email or switch to another email provider.
As we all know some websites and web services use your email address as your username to make it easy to access. In that scenario, it’s a little bit hard to change the associated email address with the account.
But it’s not the same with Amazon accounts. Users can change email on Amazon anytime without any issue.
Amazon is a giant multinational company in the world and their developer knows everything about their users. Because of this Amazon offers an easy service to change the email address associated with their Amazon account. Moreover, Amazon users can also update other Amazon account related information.
Recently I was visiting the GetHuman forum for market research. Suddenly, we found an article about “How to do I change my Amazon email address?” After more research on the same topic, we found that thousands of Amazon customers and retailers are searching for “Amazon account email address changing methods”.
Because of this, now we are writing this tutorial for Amazon account users who are willing to change or update new email address in Amazon account.
As we already told you, Amazon is the world’s largest online retailer in the world and they know very well what the requirements of their users are. To make any changes in an Amazon account, users can do it from the “Account settings” section. After updating your new information or email, you will start receiving order confirmation and notifications on your new email account when you make a new purchase on Amazon.
READ MORE : How To Stop Amazon Audible Account
Let’s see what are the official steps to change email in Amazon.com or Amazon.in account?
Change Email Address On Amazon Account Using Pc
- Open any web browser of your pc or laptop.
- Visit on the Amazon.com or Amazon.in homepage and Sign-in with existing Amazon account credentials.
- Once you are into your Amazon account, select the “Accounts & Lists” option from the header section and then choose “Your Account” from the list.
- Now select the “Login & Security” option under the Your Account
- Again Amazon login page will appear in front of you to verify the account authentication. Verify the account detail [username and password]
- Now Amazon will send a link on your registered mobile number and your mail id to allow for account data access attempt.
- Now enter into mail box and click on “Allow/Approve” for next step.
- For double security check, you will see a warming message “someone is attempting to access your account data”. Just click on “Approve” button.
- After applying the above action, you will redirect to “Amazon Login and security” page. Here you can choose to edit your name, email address, mobile number, password and two-step verification settings.
- In order to change email address of your Amazon account, click on “edit” next to your email address.
- In next step, enter the new email id or email address that you want add with your Amazon account and then click on “Continue” button.
- After entering the new email address for Amazon account, it will send One Time Password (OTP) on your new mail ID for verification.
- Enter the 6 OTP code in the space provided on the One Time Password (OTP) screen and click Continue.
- In the last step, you’ll see a Change password page that shows your old Amazon email address as well as your new Amazon email address. Enter your existing Amazon password and then click to “SAVE Changes” to apply the modifications.
All done!!! After clicking on the save changes button, you will redirect to the “Login & security” settings menu with a notification that your changes have been saved. That means, you have successfully changed the email address of Amazon account with new email ID.
These are the simple official steps to change or add new email address in Amazon user account. Apply the exact same steps to update a new email ID on your own Amazon account.
How To Change email ID On Amazon Mobile App
Process is almost the same to add new email address in Amazon mobile application.
- Open Amazon official application on your mobile phone.
- Login with Amazon account credentials.
- Tap the three line menu icon from the left corner of the screen.
- Select the “Your Account” option from the list.
- Next, select the “Login And Security” option.
- Click on the “edit” option next to your email address.
- Add a new email id that you want to use with your existing Amazon account and then click on the “Continue” button.
- Open the message box of your mobile, get the OTP code and enter it into the verification screen.
- In the final step, enter the Amazon account password and save the changes.
As you can see both pc and mobile methods are almost the same. So, here you are free to use your Amazon mobile app or Amazon website to apply changes in Amazon account. In this way we can easily switch older email address with new one.
How To Change Email On Amazon Seller Account
Do you want to change email address for Amazon seller account? Then don’t worry about it. Amazon makes it easy for Amazon sellers. Process is the same to replace and update the new mail ID in Amazon seller account.
- Log in to your Amazon seller account.
- Go to “Settings” >> then click “Account Info”.
- Next click the “Your Seller Profile” on the left side of the screen.
- Now edit the information that you want to change [update the registered email address ] & save it.
- After that go to the “Settings” section again.
- Click on “Notification Preferences”. Then edit the information you wish to & save it.
READ MORE : How To Download Amazon Prime Videos On Pc
How To Change New Email ID On Amazon Prime
Steps to change email id for all Amazon serves are the same. So, if you are trying to replace the existing Amazon prime registered email ID with new email address then change it from the “account settings” page. For the reference, follow the above methods.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.