Xiaomi Diag Port Enable For New Xiaomi Phones | Enable Diag Mode Xiaomi
In today’s post, we are going to discuss about latest new method to enable DIAG port or Diagnostic Mode in Xiaomi / Redmi devices. In this post, we will show you how to enable DIAG port in new Xiaomi / Redmi devices with latest security update.
We already published a full detail tutorial on “enable Qualcomm DIAG port with code and apk”. But the main issue is that now it’s not possible to turn on Diag mode in new Qualcomm Xiaomi devices using traditional DIAG port enabling tricks.
All the latest Xiaomi and Redmi devices come with latest security patch level. That’s way, new method and tick is must to enable DIAG mode. For this we can use professional mobile tool like “Ultimate multi tool-QC fire” but it also required to boot device into EDL mode first. Moreover, UMT tool is a paid premium mobile tool and everyone can’t purchase its license. So we are focusing on free without tool Diag mode enabling process.
Now the questing is “how to enable Readmi Diag port without box?”
Straight forward answer is, we can enable diag mode on any new redmi and Xiaomi Smartphone without having a premium tool. But it’s little bit tricky and we have to root our device first. After that we can enable diag mode using fastboot commands.
I know you are thing that it’s hard to root your Xiaomi device. But wait, to make it easy to apply we are sharing auto TWRP flasher tool for Xiaomi. So you can install twrp recovery on any Xiaomi device within few minutes. Once you have custom twrp recovery on your device, flash Magisk zip file to root your device.
Probably, you may know that Diagnostic Mode or Diag mode must be enable to repair IMEI of any Qualcomm Xiaomi / Redmi Smartphone. Otherwise, any IEMI tool can’t write or restore IMEI again.
So if you are trying to repair IMEI of your Xiaomi phone then enable DIAG port first and then go for next to repair IMEI. Another fact is, nowadays you can’t write IMEI on any Xiaomi phone without root access.
After getting the full root access, you can apply the IMEI flashing process using any Qualcomm IMEI tool. Root access is must for all new and latest MIUI 10 / MIUI 11 and MIUI 12 devices before IMEI flashing.
Use Of Diag Mode On Xiaomi Phone
Diag mode also known as a Diagnostic Mode for any android devices. Factory mode is another name which used for Motorola phones. Diag port can be enable in Qualcomm android Smartphone only. In short, Diag port directly not related with SPD and MTK devices.
Just because it’s a Diagnostic Mode, so we can boot device for repairing like flashing, network fix and IMEI repairing. Qualcomm Redmi & Xiaomi devices also works on same concept.
In case you are unable to make a call from your xiaomi phone due to unknown baseband error or invalid IMEI then we can write IMEI again using Qualcomm Xiaomi IMEI tool. But device should be into Diag mode before flashing new IMEI number.
If we talk about Xiaomi IMEI repairing method, it can be different for different tools. So I think now its clear that Diag port should be enabled on your device including root access to repair IMEI.
IMPORTANT : This method works on bootloader unlokced Xiaomi/Redmi MIUI 11 / MIUI 10 / MIUI 9 Smartphone. Device must be rooted before enable DIAG mode.
How To Enable Xiaomi Diag Port In New Xiaomi Phones
Now come to the main topic and learn an easy method to enable Diag port in latest Xiaomi phones. To make it easy to understand we are splitting the complete process in different steps. Read all the steps properly and then apply it on your own Xiaomi/Redmi MIUI 12 / MIUI 11 / MIUI 10 Smartphone.
mFastboot Tool : DOWNLOAD
Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool : DOWNLOAD
MagiskManager-v7.3.2.apk : DOWNLOAD
READ MORE :
Step01 Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Phone
This is first step before doing anything. As we already said in above section, we need to root our device to enable Diag port. So it’s must to unlock bootloader of the device. After that we can apply any changes in system files of the device.
Step02 Flash TWRP On Xiaomi using TWRP Flasher Tool
Once you have bootloader unlocked device in your hand, then install twrp by using Xiaomi frp flasher toolkit. This tool kit will flash available TWRP in one click.
- Remove screen lock [Pattern lock or PIN password] of your device.
- Next, enable USB debugging & OEM unlock from developer mode.
- Boot device into Fastboot mode manually – power off >> press & hold volume down key + power key at the same time. It will boot device into fastboot mode automatically.
- Connect the device with pc via working USB cable.
- Extract the downloaded TWRP flasher toolkit on pc and run “xiaomi_twrp setup.exe” as administrator. Follow on screen instructions and install it on window pc.
- Launch “Xiaomi TWRP auto flasher tool” as administrator and then you will see the below user interface.
- Now find the model name of your own Xiaomi/Redmi phone and then types the correct number abd then hit enter. This step will flash TWRp recovery on your mobile automatically.
Example : if you have Mi 8 Lite android phone then type 11 and hit enter key.
- End of the TWRp flashing, press any key from keyboard to exit from the tool.
- Unplug device from pc and boot it into newly installed TWRp recovery.
- In case TWRp recovery is in china language, change it to English.
- Now tap on “Install” option >>> “select storage” option >>> tick mark on “Internal Storage” option as shown below.
- copy the downloaded “magisk Zip file” and “magisk Manager apk” into sd card and insert it again in mobile.
- Select “SD Card” from storage section >>> tick mark on “magisk Zip file” and swipe to flash.
- Once the Magisk zip file flashing completed, tap on “reboot system” and it will reboot device into normal mode automatically.
- Done!!! Your Xiaomi device has been rooted successfully and we are ready to enable Diag Mode in redmi / Xiaomi phones.
Step03 Enable DIAG Port In New Xiaomi Phones
- Install “Minimal ADB & fastboot tool” on pc.
- Extract the downloaded mFastboot platform tool.
- Enter into extracted platform tool folder, press & hold “Shift” key + “Right” mouse click >>> select “open command window here” or “Open powershell window here” option. This step will open a new command window on pc.
- Now type the below command to check adb mode on mobile.
check your phone screen and allow the debugging permission.
- Again type the below commands one by one
setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
- Done!!! Final command will open diag mode in Qualcomm Xiaomi or redmi devices. Check “Device manager” section and here you will see “Qualcom HS USB Diagnostics 9092″ port.
Please Note: If twrp recovery is not available for your device then follow the Magisk root method to root any device without TWRP recovery and then enable DIAG mode.
Once you have DIAG mode enabled Xiaomi Qualcomm device, you can write IMEI using any Qualcomm Xiaomi IMEI tool [ QFIL/ QPST/UMT/Miracle]. Moreover, this port allows you to debug your device for different mobile repairing tasks.
We already published a Diag Port enabling method using code and fastboot commands but now new devices are not working on those methods. So if you want to enable diag mode in new Xiaomi device, then root your device by installing TWRp recovery and enable diag mode with easy command lines.