How To Extract SPD Pac File – pac File Unpacker To Get Boot IMG, Recovery & Scatter File
Most probably you may know that SPD firmware or Spreadtrum firmware comes in .pac file format. This .pac flash file can be flash using any SPD flash tools like SPD research Download tool or SPD upgrade download tool or SPD factory download tool or Miracle tool etc.
Firmware flashing of SPD mobile using SPD flash tool is very straight forward and we already shared different spd flash tools with flashing guide. But sometime we required boot.img file [Stock Boot Image File] for rooting. In that case it’s must to extract pac firmware to get recovery image file, scatter file and boot image files etc.
Most of you already know, TWRP is must to to flash Magisk Zip file to get root access on any android Smartphone. But now we have option to root any type of android mobile without TWRp recovery. For this stock boot.img file is must and we can get boot image from stock ROMs.
If you try to download and extract any MTK and Qualcomm stock Firmware, you can get boot.img file easily. But it’s not easy for SPD firmware. It’s because each and every SPD mobile’s firmware comes in .pac format.
For this, we need to extract Spreadtrum .pac file with pac file unpacker tool. Simply unpack .pac file with the help of any pac unpacker tool and get contents on your pc. After that we can easy use the required files for different tasks.
As a solution, we can use free SPD flash tool as a SPD pac file unpacker tool. Here in this post we are going to use SPD factory Download tool to extract the contents of SPD PAC file. Similarly, you are free to use other upgradeDownload tool or SPD reserachdownload tool.
Requirements To Unpack Pac Firmware Using SPD Tool
- SPD Flash Tool [ Factory Download Tool ] : DOWNLOAD
Here in this tutorial we are going to use free SPD factory download tool latest version to unpack .pac firmware file. Otherwise, users can use other SPD flash tools like ResearchDownload tool or UpgradeDownload tool etc.
- Windows OS Based pc / laptop.
- Official Stock ROM [ .pac file based ]
Method To Extract SPD Pac File using SPD Flash Tool
Unpacking of SPD pac file is very easy. Just follow the below instructions and get contents of pac file [ Recovery.img / boot.img / nvitem.bin / system.img ]
- Download and extract the official stock ROM of your SPD mobile. [ Make sure it’s in .pac format ]
- Next, download and extract the latest SPD FactoryDownload tool on desktop.
- Now find the setup file and run it as administrator.
- Once the tool opened on pc, click on “Gear Icon” or “Load Packet” button from the tool and browse the .pac file from firmware folder.
- Wait for couple of minutes and tool will load all the files automatically.
- Now go to extracted SPD flash tool folder and find the “ImageFiles” folder.
- Again enter into “ImageFiles” folder and here you will see another sub-folder which contains all the extracted files.
- Done!!! .pac firmware extracted successfully. Now find the required files and use it for your next task.
IMPORTANT : Don’t close the opened SPD flash tool from pc. Otherwise, extracted imageFiles folder will disappear automatically. So, we suggest you to keep the SPD tool open till you have copied the .pac file contents.
This is all about how to extract SPD Pac File contents with SPD tool? Simply follow the above steps and get all contents and files which are compressed in .pac file. If you are new and don’t know how to flash .pac firmware using SPD flash tool then follow the below guide.
Additionally, learn how to repair IMEI of SPD mobile without box to fix no network or emergency call only error? You no need to go anywhere to repair invalid IMEI of SPD tool.