Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin [Universal Method]
This article is only for those who are using Samsung Smartphone and trying to install TWRP recovery on Samsung devices using Odin software. May be you know or not but you can install CWM or TWRP recovery on your Samsung android devices. But TWRP is a famous touch base custom recovery and you no need to use up & down volume keys and power button to navigate to different options. So here in this post we will show you how it’s easy and how you can install TWRP recovery on Samsung devices using Odin software. It is an universal method and can use it on any Samsung android phones or devices. Here you need to follow the below step by step guide to flash TWRP custom recovery on Samsung devices using Odin.
What Is Odin?
Odin is windows based ROM flashing tool powered by Samsung for Samsung android phones, tablets and devices. If you are a Samsung user then probably you heard about Odin flashing tool. If you want to flash a custom ROMs, official OTA updates, karnels etc then Odin is must to perform these tasks.
If you are rooted and get soft brick into your Samsung android phone then Odin can unbrick your phone, can unlock the bootloader , can root , can unroot and can update etc. So for Samsung users, Odin is must and important software.
Ok now we are going to show you how to install TWRP recovery on Samsung devices using Odin software. Process is same for all Samsung devices but remember you are using right and compatible TWRP recovery file for your Samsung device.
TWRP recovery for Samsung phones must be in .tar.MD5 format. Otherwise you can’t flash twrp recovery using Odin flash tool. One more thing, Odin is an official Samsung tool, so you can’t use it to flash recovery on any other android phone [Only For Samsung]
- Charge your Samsung device [ Aprox 80%].
- Unlock Bootloader [ if required ]
- Download and Install Samsung USB DRIVERS on PC.
- Download and install Latest Odin Software on pc.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin
- Complete all the requirements first then move for next step.
- Now Run Odin software as administrator on pc.
- Make sure you have downloaded the odin flashable TWRP recovery .tar file [device compatible]
- Go to your phone setting and enable USB debugging & OEM]
Go back again and enter into the “developer option”.
Find the “USB debugging” option and enable it.
Same as you will see the “OEM” option then enable it.
- Boot your Samsung android phone into “download mode” or “Odin Mode“.
After warning screen, press volume up key again. Device must be into download mode after these process.
- Connect your phone with pc using USB cable.
- Odin will detect the device automatically and you will see the Added!! Message in Odin message window. Same as you will see blue ID:COM that means Odin successfully recognize the device.
- Click on “AP” button into Odin software’s window and select “TWRP recovery.tar” file which you have downloaded for flashing.
- Next, navigate to “Option” tab and configure the tool as show below and make sure “re-partition” option must must be unchecked.
- Make sure you have configured the tool properly and loaded the correct twrp recovery for your device. Finally hit on “Start” button to start twrp recovery flashing process on Samsung phone.
- Here it may take few minutes to flash twrp recovery and you can see complete process in logs window.
- End of the successful flashing process, you will see green “PASS” message on Odin tool.
- After completing the process your phone will reboot automatically.
- All done!!!! TWRP is installed on your Samsung Smartphone.
- If the device stuck on Samsung logo after flash twrp, make sure you have loaded correct twrp file for your device. Again boot the device into downloading mode, replug the device with pc, re-launch odin tool and flash twrp recovery again by following above steps.
- If you get Fail message instead of PASS message, re-try the whole process again and install twrp using ODIN tool.
- If you get custom binary blocked By frp lock after flash twrp, follow the guide to fix error custom binary blocked by frp lock.
- Charge your device approx 80% to prevent accidental power off in between the flashing process.
- Make sure Phone is properly connected with pc.
- Don’t stop the process in between twrp flashing process, otherwise you may brick your phone.
- Choose only compatible TWRP file for flashing, otherwise it can damage your phone.
- Read full post carefully before apply it on your own device.
How To Boot Samsung Devices Into TWRP Recovery?
Booting into TWRP recovery is same for all Samsung android devices.
- Power off your Samsung android phone properly.
- Press & Hold “Home +power+volume up” buttons for few second.
- At first boot you will see the below screen and it will ask to “Read Only” or “Allow for modification”. Here we will recommend you select “Swipe to allow modification”.
- Now Samsung will boot into newly installed twrp recovery and it will be same as shown below.
What Is Next After TWRP Recovery Installation
Actually it’s a big question for newbie users who jumped in android customization and rooting community.
In simple word, after flashing twrp recovery on Samsung phone now you are free to add android tweaks & tricks, flash third party mods zip files which you can’t flash by using your stck recovery.
Same as now you are free to flash root files to gain root access on your own Samsung phone. Just install supersu exploit or Magisk installer to access super user rights.
Follow the below guide and flash supersu or magisk and root your device easily.
- Flash Magisk using twrp and root any phones [Universal Method]
- Install supersu using TWRP and root any phones [Universal Method]
So after getting full root access on your own Samsung phone, you can install custom rom, Kernel, root apps for android Tweaks & tricks, un-install pre-installed apps, change IMEI number or device ID and customize your device in your own way.
This is all about “How to install twrp recovery on Samsung device using Odin tool?” It’s an universal method and can apply it on any Samsung phone without open your eyes. But one thing you have to remember, flash only and only supportable and appropriate twrp recovery for your device.
Never ever try to flash twrp recovery on Samsung, if you are not sure.