Last updated on October 30th, 2020 at 06:59 am
Learn How To Downgrade Jio Phone And Stop Auto Update to install Omnisd app and other custom OS without Error
Today we are going to share latest method to downgrade Jio phone permanently. So that you can install custom OS and Omnisd file without any issue. Before going to jump into process, it’s important to know that developer option is not available in Jio QUALCOMM and SPD devices. For this, we need to enable developer option by using third party app. After that, apply the commands to block auto update on jio phone.
Jio phone’s auto update blocking process is very easy and we can do it within few minutes by applying the custom modifications. Read the tutorial properly, learn each and everything carefully and then apply it on your own device. This tutorial is really very important for those, who wants to install Ominisd in Jip phones after update 2020. Without downgrade software verison of your mobile, there is no any other solution to access Omnisd app services.
Why We Should Stop Automatic Software Update On Jio Devices
As we all know, in the past it was easy to add Omnisd app in Jio phone by flashing Omnisd zip file. After that, users can download and install android apps on their Jio phones using Omnisd app. Actually, Jio phone doesn’t support android apps, but we can activate them in Jio phones with jio Omnisd app or file.
Because of this, recently Jio start updating their keypad devices with patched files to prevent their device from third party apps installation [OmniSD & Gerda OS ]. That means, once your device updated on latest version, you will not able to install Omnisd on Jip phones. Similarly, if you try to downgrade Jio software version with older one, it will update again on latest version because of Jio Auto Updater tool.
To fix this issue, we have to downgrade and block Jio auto update with advance trick. To perform this trick, we need to enable developer option on Jio phone which is officially not available. But we will do it with another un-official third party apk. After that we have to run some adb commands to gain root access on Jio phone.
Requirements To Downgrade and Block Auto Update On Jio Phones
- Download Jio Downgrade files with tool. [ Downgrade files may be different for different Jio models. So always use the supportable firmware or flash file ].
- Enable Stuff Zip File For Jio Phones. [ This file is universal for all devices ]
- Adb commands to root and stop Auto update in Jio phones.
- Working USB cable with pc.
Method To Downgrade Jio Phone Software Permanently
If the device is already updated on latest version then downgrade it by flashing jio downgrade flash file 2020. Most of the all Jio downgrade flash file comes with flash tool. So, you no need to go anywhere to download Jio flash tool. If getting any issue, download the tool separately.
Step01 Preparation And Configuration
- Install USB drivers for your mobile [Qualcomm Or SPD ].
- Next, install “minimal adb & fastboot tool” on windows pc. This is important to run adb commands directly from pc to mobile.
- Extract the downloaded “Jio Downgrade flash file” on desktop.
- Check extracted “Jio Downgrade flash file folder” for Jio flash tool and run the QFIL tool as administrator. Otherwise, download QFIL or QPST tool latest version separately.
Step02 Downgrade Jio Software Using QFIl Tool
- Once the tool launched on your pc, select the “Meta Build” option from “select build type” section.
- Now click on “Load Content” button from “select build” section and browse the “contents” file from extracted jio downgrade flash file folder.
- Come to the device, remove & re-insert battery for once and then connect the device with pc by pressing Jio flash boot key. This boot key will boot your device into EDL mode which is necessary for Jio firmware flashing.
- If the device is properly connected with pc into EDL mode, you can see “Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 port” on the top of the tool.
- Now click on “Download” button from the tool to start downgrading process. Here it may take couple of minutes to flash new software.
- End of the successful firmware flashing, unplug USB and reboot your device again.
- Done!!! Downgraded software has been installed on Jio keypad mobile and now we can flash Omnisd file on Jio mobile.
Step03 Flash Omnisd On Jio Qualcomm Phone
After completing the downgrade process, we are free to flash Omnisd file without any issue. Tool will also same to flash Omnisd file on Jio LYF Qualcomm device.
- Extract the downloaded Jio LYF Ominsd firmware zip file on desktop.
- Use the already opened QFIL tool or launch the new QFIl tool as administrator.
- Once the tool opened, this time select the “Flat Build” option from “Select Build Type” section.
- Next, click on “browser” button and load “prog_emmc_firehose_8909_ddr.mbn” from OmniSd folder.
- Again click on “load XM” button and browse the “rawprogram_unsparse.xml” file from extracted Omnisd flash file folder.
- Now tool will open a new window in front of you. Select the “patch0.xml” file.
- Now remove & re-insert battery of your device and connect it with pc by holding the proper boot key. Device will boot into edl mode automatically.
- Once the device connected with pc into edl mode, press the “Download” button directly from the tool. It will start flashing the Jio Omnisd file and take couple of minutes for successful flashing.
- All done!!! Omnisd installed on your Jio Qualcomm phone and device will reboot automatically.
Step04 Install Enable Stuff App On Jio Mobile & Stop Auto Update
Omnisd has been installed after applying the above steps. Now it’s the time to download and install Enable Stuff App to enable Jio developer option. After that run the commands to disable auto update. This app installation will help you to block auto update on Jio phone.
- Download the Enable Stuff App zip file on pc.
- Move this file into SD card and then insert in your mobile or move it into your phone using Bluetooth.
- Now open the OMNISD app on Jio phone, browse the Enable Stuff App zip file and install it.
- Once the Enable Stuff App installed on your phone, open and then close it again. You no need to do anything.
- Now open “adb commands.txt” file to get all commands in notepad file.
- Enable Developer option in Jio mobile – Open phone “settings” >> “Device” >> select “Developer” option.
- Next, Select “Debugger” >>> “adb and DevTools” option >> press ok button.
- Now connect the device with pc, open command prompt and run the below command first.
- Again type the below command and execute it.
- Next copy the below commands and past them into command window by clicking right click.
- Again type the below single command and hit enter.
- Same as above step, copy the below commands and execute them.
- Now unplug device from pc, reboot the device to apply the modifications.
- All done!!! Auto update blocked and device will not update to latest version automatically. That means, you can enjoy omnisd files without any issue.
So guys this is all about how to stop auto update in Jio phone by enabling developer option and get root access. Some of you may see it difficult to perform but it’s really very easy if you are going to follow complete steps properly. Method is universal but Omnisd file and downgrade files are different for different Jio models.
Till now getting any issue in any step, please leave your comment below.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.