VLC Dark MODE – How to Enable Dark Mode On VLC Player
VLC Dark MODE – How to Enable Dark Mode On VLC Player
Enabling VLC dark theme or dark mode for computers and android phones helps you to care for your eyes. Without any doubt, VLC media player is one of the most popular and well known media players for pc, laptops and android Smartphones. Just because it’s a free and open-source media player, it allows us to covert in dark mode within one click. As we all know, VLC also lets its users customize the background in their own choice. So, users can tweak into VLC settings to enable dark mode feature. Just follow the below tutorial and convert VLC theme into dark black theme. Hence, your eyes will not get strained while watching movies or videos.
Guide To Enable VLC Player Dark Mode For Pc And Android
Methods to enable VLC black dark mode for android and pc are too different. So, check out both methods according to your own requirements. In this guide, we are including both platforms with all necessary screenshots and instructions. Read the detailed guide properly and then go for next.
Method 01 VLC Dark Mode For Windows Pc 10 & Other Versions
Here is a quick instructions to enable dark mode or black theme on VLC windows pc software. All the steps are included with all necessary screenshots. For this tutorial we are using windows 10 64 bit pc. But steps are same for all other windows OS versions like w7/w8 & w xp.
Pre-Requirements for VLC Player dark mode
Visit on official website of the VLC player and download any dark skin from the VLC skin section. [http://www.videolan.org/vlc/skins.php ]
Steps To Apply VLC Player Dark Mode
- First off launch the windows VLC media player on your Windows pc 10 or any other version.
- Now navigate to “Tools” section and select the ‘Preferences” option from the available options.
- Once you are into “Simple Preferences” window, select the “Use custom skin” option under Interface Settings.
- Next, click on the “choose” button and browse the vlc dark mode skin file from your pc.
- Finally, hit on the “Save” button and quit the VLC player on your computer to apply the modification.
- Simply, re-launch the vlc player on pc and it will be open with new dark skin.
In this way we can easily add new dark custom theme on windows VLC player software. VLC tool doesn’t come with native dark theme officially. But we can apply any dark or black themes which are developed by un-official developers.
READ MORE : Get VLC Player On ROKU Streaming Devices
Method02 Enable VLLC Dark mode On Android Smartphone
Nowadays, android OS based smartphones are highly popular because of several paid and free apps. If you have bought any android device then you can get thousands of utility apps from Google PlayStore. For the same reasons, developers also developed dark mode for VLC android app.
At the time of posting this tutorial, android users can easily enable dark mode on VLC application. Unfortunately, VLC dark mode for iOS devices is not available.
Check out straight forward instructions to turn on dark mode on VLC android app.
- Simply to the Apps section on your mobile “Home Screen”.
- Next, scroll down to find VLC media player and click on VLC logo.
- Once you are into app, press the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) from its home screen.
- Now find and select the “Settings” option from the list.
- Go to “Extra Settings” section and click on “Interface’ option.
- Now, click and open the DayNight mode option.
- A new pop-up will appear in front of you. Select the Black theme and this will enable the dark mode on the VLC player android app.
In this way we can easily turn on day light function on VLC app for any android mobile. Here you no need to install any third party apk for VLC android dark theme. Day night mode will help you to experience dark theme on android devices.
Tips: If the above vlc dark mode making steps are time-consuming for you, then use the system-wide dark mode on Windows and dark mode on Mac.
Revert Back To Default Skin From Custom Skin VLC Player
In case, if you are not happy with new dark mode skin on VLC or want to use default skin then it’s really very easy. Don’t worry, you can reactivate the default VLC player skin or theme within one click. Here you no need to reset VLC media player. Just follow the below steps to get back default theme on VLc player.
- Open VLC player on pc.
- Right click anywhere on your custom theme window and select the “interface” option from the list.
- After expending the “interface” option >> select the “preferences” option as shown in below screenshot.
- This time select the “use native style” option and hit on save button.
- Close and reboot the VLC player again. This time vlc player will launch in official native style.
Above steps will help you to revert beck on VLC native them from dark mode. Not only for dark mode, you can apply the same steps to change custom theme to default theme.
READ MORE : Learn how to play .mov files on Windows PC
Default dark mode is not available for VLC media player. That means it won’t be enabled automatically without vlc skin or custom theme. So, if you are trying to search for “default dark mode settings for VLC player” or “trick to enable VLC media player dark mode without skin” then don’t waste your time.
Above are the only official and working techniques to access VLC dark theme on android and computer (w10, w8. w7 & wXP).