Last updated on September 13th, 2020 at 03:23 am
Install PBS On ROKU And Watch PBS On ROKU Without PBS Passport
Do you want to watch all PBS shows and videos on Roku with official PBS app? If yes then you have landed on right place. Here in this post we will try to include all topics such as “how to install PBS on Roku”, “how to watch PBS on Roku with/without PBS passport” and “how to activate PBS video channels on Roku?”
These are some most popular search strings for PBS videos and Roku. So, we will try to add more related articles and tutorials for Roku in near future.
For today, we are going to share full method to install PBS on Roku without passport and with passport.
The Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) is an American public broadcaster and television program distributor. It’s an official free online media streaming service which allows users to watch all PBS videos, shows and live events tec. Best thing about this free video streaming service is that, it’s fully updated with recent videos, shows and videos contents from PBS local stations. That means, here you can enjoy all video contents online on PBS network. Another good thing about this service is, it supports almost all platforms like Android Smartphone, iOS, Windows, Android smart Tv, Apple TV, Amazon firstick, Vizo and Roku etc.
Now come to that main topic and learn how to add PBS video channel on ROKU to create your own watch-list?
Here we are splitting full article in different steps. So those, new users can use this more efficiently.
READ MORE : Add Spectrum TV App on ROKU Device
Instructions To Install PBS On ROKU To Watch PBS Live
PBS network is an open source media streaming service that also available on Roku channel store officially. With the help of Roku video streaming media player, we can watch PBS Live video contents easily.
- Connect ROKU with TV: Plug in your Roku device to the HDMI port on TV.
- Enable your home wi-fi and connect it with your Roku device. [ Connect ROKU to wifi without remote ]
- Now go to Roku Home screen, scroll down to “Streaming Channels” list and select it.
- Next, you will the Roku Channel Store on tv screen, select “Search Channels” option.
- Type “PBS app” in search channels blank area and search it.
- Then select the “PBS app” from the search list and it will take you to PBS app information screen.
7. Now select the “Add Channel” option and it will install PBS app on roku.
- Once the app installed successfully, simply select the “Go to Channel” option and launch the PBS application on Roku Streaming Player.
PBS app successfully added on ROKU media player and now it’s the time to activate PBS service on ROKU.
How To Activate PBS on Roku Streaming Media Player
After installation of PBS app on Roku player, now it’s the time to activate PBS video channel to access all video contents for free.
- Open the PBS app on Roku media player and it will show you the 7 digit unique activation code for activation [ PBS activation Code ].
- Next visit on pbs.org/activate site through your mobile browser or web browser on pc.
- Enter the “PBS Passport Activation code” in the appropriate text box and click on “continue”. This step is must to sign into the PBS Video app.
- Next sign in with your PBS account on a browser and wait for a few minutes and the PBS activation message will appear on the screen.
- After completing the activation process, PBS on Roku player will allow you to stream all its build-in media / video contents.
How to Create PBS account?
Here is a quick steps to create PBS account, so that you can enjoy free PBS media contents on your Roku TV media player.
- To create new account on PBS, open web browser on your android or iOS smartphone or computer and visit pbs.org official site.
- Just click on Sign-in option and you can find it from the top left of the screen.
- Click on “Create a PBS Account” option or use your existing Google account or facebook account or “sign in with apple id” option.
- Enter all the required information (Name, Email and Password) and click Register, if you are choosing “create a PBS account” option for registration.
- PBS account is successfully created.
These are simple and official steps to create PBS account to access all local channels and videos.
What is PBS Passport and how to use PBS Passport Roku TV
The new PBS passport library is a premium membership program that allows to access an on-demand library of quality public television programming online. Just because it’s kind of premium account, it offers more than 1,000 episodes from popular shows like American Experience, American Masters, Nature, Antiques Roadshow, NOVA, and more. This passport library covers arts, science, history, and lifestyle programs and videos exclusively for the premium passport members.
It’s very easy to be a part of PBS Passport membership. Just contact to your local station, donate $60 a year or $5 monthly to enjoy unlimited premium entertainment.
Local stations give the Passport benefit to their supporters but it may change for some regions. So contact to your local station and get more accurate detail about this.
After getting full access of premium PBS passport service, you would get a message that the video is exclusive for the Passport members.
How To Access PBS Passport on Roku Media Player
To watch PBS passport videos and video contents, Passport subscription is must. Let’s see how to watch PBS passport local channels and contents on Roku player?
- Open the PBS channel on Roku by following above instructions.
- Scroll the top menu and select the “Settings” option.
- From the “settings” section, select Change account.
- Select Sign Out From the pop-up window.
- Now you will see the Activate now option. To sign in to your new account that has PBS Passport, you will have to activate your device once again. Follow the steps to activate as seen above.
With this method, you get PBS Passport on Roku player to access and stream all PBS exclusive videos and contents.
This is all about “how to install PBS video streaming app on roku player”, “how to activate PBS application on Roku” and “how to activate PBS passport service on Roku player easily?” PBS premium service or PBS passport service is good, if you are looking to watch exclusive contents on your Roku device.
But if you don’t have premium service of PBS app then it will show some ads during the streaming. Otherwise, free PBS app is also good to stream video contents for free on Roku device.
In any case your ROKU device is not working properly and you are unable to add PBS app on Roku then factory reset ROKU first. After that apply the same instructions as it is.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.