In this post we will show you “how to use MI flash tool to flash MIUI fastboot ROM” if your Xiaomi MI phone is locked or bricked. Official flashing tool developed by Xiaomi inc. Xiaomi Mi Flash tool allows you to flash Original firmware or stock ROM in case you have brick your device. Just download and install Xiaomi Mi flash tool and unbrick your Xiaomi Smartphone by flashing firmware or fastboot ROMs files. One more thing it’s only for Xiaomi Smartphone to flash fastboot ROM firmware only. You can’t use it to flash OTA files.
If you are searching a way to flash MIUI to unbrick your Xiaomi device or want to install MIUI from pc then Fastboot method is the best way to flash MIUI ROM using Mi flash tool. Official Xiaomi Mi flash tool allows you to flash fastboot ROM directly from your PC and no need to go anywhere to unbrick Xiaomi MI android phone.
Here in this post we are including “how to use MI flash tool to flash MIUI fastboot ROM” which is based on pc method.
MI FLASH TOOL Supported Smartphones
Mi flash tool is an official firmware flash tool for all Xiaomi/Redmi devices. No need to worry about it’s stability because it’s bug free and 100% working and tested Xiaomi firmware flashing tool.
But remember, users can flash only Fastboot ROM [Developer/beta/stable/stable/China] only.
- Redmi Note 3
- Redi 4/4x
- Redmi y1 / y1 lite
- Redmi 5 / 5a
- Mi mix 2
- Poco F1
- Note 5
- Note 5 pro
- Redmi note 3
- Redmi Note3/Pro
- Redmi Note 4
- Mi pad/2
- Mi Note/Pro
- Mi Mix
This Mi flash Tool includes some inbuilt USB drivers like Google ADB tool & Drivers, Microsoft MTP and RNDIS Drivers, Qualcomm USB derail Drivers. Benefit of this tool is that no need to install any separate drivers to connection between phone and pc. Simply connect your phone with pc and Mi Flash tool will detect your device and install all necessary drivers automatically.
Video – How to Download Install and USE Xiaomi Mi Flash tool flash MIUI FastBoot ROM
How To Use Mi Flash Tool To Flash MIUI FastBoot ROM
Step 01 Requirements
- Charge your device aprox 70% before flashing.
- Any USB cable to connect your device with pc.
Step02 Download MIUI ROM For Your Device
This method required the MIUI fastboot ROM only. Mi flash tool can’t flash Recovery ROM in any how condition.
- Download FastBoot ROM for your device which you want to flash. After downloading the fastboot ROM extract the file on your pc. If there is only one file after extracted then rename the file and change its extension to .zip and after that extract it again and now you will see many files there. That means No need to download and install fastboot & adb drivers separately.
Download Mi Fastboot ROMs For All Devices
Step03 Enable USB debuggin [if possible]
Step03 Download Tools
- Download MI flash tool 2020 to flash Miui Fastboot ROM.
- Download and install Minimal adb and fastboot tool on pc.
Steps To Flash MIUI Fastboot ROM Using Mi Flash Tool
- Install MI flash tool on PC [Download From Above].
- Install Minimal adb and fastboot tool on pc [restart your pc for once after installation]
- Extract the downloaded MIUI fastboot ROm on pc. [Remember it’s location, we will use it in next step]
- Power off your device and Boot into fastboot mode by pressing Volume Down + Power key together at the same time. Now phone should be into fastboot mode.
- Now connect your device with pc via USB cable.
- Now launch Mi flash tool and make sure your device is already connect with pc.
- Once the tool launch, click on “Browse” or “Select” button and browse the Fastboot ROM which you want to flash and hit on “OK”.
- Now click on “refresh” button in Mi flash tool and it will detect your device automatically. If the device is properly connected with pc, you will see the numeric strings into the log window.
- Navigate to bottom of the tool and select any one option according to your own choice. [Cleanall – Recommended]
Clean all – This option will wipe all user data & phone data completely.
Save User Data – It will not wipe user data from your device.
Clean all & Lock – This function will lock bootloader again and will wipe your device completely.
- Recheck everything, if ok then hit on “FLASH” button to start firmware flashing process. Flashing process will start and you can see progress bar in log window. Here it may take long time to flash complete firmware. So sit back and wait to complete.
- End of the successful process, you will see green “Success” message and device will reboot again.
- Full flashing process can take 5-10 minutes to complete.so don’t stop the process and sit back.
- Now you can disconnect your device from pc and it will reboot automatically. If not then reboot it again in normal way.
Some time you may see Mi flash tool error Unhandled exception has occurred during the flashing. Don’t worry about this, follow the guide and fix mi flash tool error.
If you are unable to flash MIUI fastboot ROM or getting any error during the flashing process then select “Flash All” or “Flash All expect data & storage” option from the bottom of MI Flash Tool.
This is all “how to use MI flash tool to flash MIUI fastboot ROM?” remember if you are using MIUI Fastboot ROMs which is in .tar or .taz format then you can’t flash it via mobile. MIUI fastboot ROM can be flash via MI flash tool only.Just follow all the steps one by one and flash stock rom on any Xiaomi Smartphone with pc.
Till now if you have any question or any quarry about the post then please feel free to ask us by leaving your valuable comments.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.