Redmi 5A MIUI 9 / Redmi 5A TWRP Recovery : Recently Xiaomi is going to launch it’s brand new budget MIUI 9 nougat android Smartphone, Redmi 5A. Great news is that device has received an unofficial TWRP recovery for root lovers. Install twrp recovery on Redmi 5A MIUI9 and flash Supersu exploit or Magisk to gain root access.
So, in this root guide we will show you how to install TWRP recovery on Redmi 5a and how to root Redmi 5A without dead risk?”
It is must to know that Bootloader should be unlock on Redmi 5A before root process. You can’t flash twrp recovery on Redmi 5a without unlock boot loader. So bootloader unlocking should be your first step in order to root Redmi 5a Nougat Smartphone. Don’t worry, we will show all steps one by one in this Redmi 5A root guide. Just follow the below steps one by one as it and get root access on Redmi 5A Miui 9.
What You Will Find Here?
In this post we are going to share full detail post about……….
- How to unlock Bootloader Of redmi 5a MIUI 9 Smartphone.
- Easy method to install TWRP recovery on redmi 5a MIUI 9.
- Flash root file to root redmi 5a MIUI 9 [get root access on redmi 5a Nougat]
If you are ready to root redmi 5a then read the complete post carefully and after that apply it on your own Redmi 5a as it is. One wrong step may brick your device permanently. So make sure, you are following the complete procedure correctly.
Important Points Before Root Redmi 5a
- Check Bootloader status. It should be unlock. [Unlock Bootloader]
- Bootloader unlocking will void phone warranty.
- Root process will wipe all user data & phone data completely.
- Wrong root file or root process may may brick your device. Do it on your own risk.
- Charge device approx 70% before proceed to root process.
- Try to use well working USB cable.
Other Interesting Posts For Rooted Android phones
- Hack Wifi password without root in android phone?
- Trick to move whatsapp on SD card?
- Quick trick to change IMEI number?
- Enable OTG support on any android phone
- increase RAM of android mobile after root?
- Swap memory to increase internal storage?
Download Root files & Twrp Recovery For Redmi 5A
|Minimal adb & fastboot tool Download||Download|
|Redmi 5a USB driver||Download|
|Twrp recovery for Redmi 5a||Download|
Pre- Requirements To Root & Install Twrp on Redmi 5a
Step01 Enable USB debugging & OEM Unlock
- Enable Developer Option – Go to phone Setting >> About Phone >> Tap 7 times on MIUI Version
- Enable OEM & Debugging – Go to phone Setting >> additional Setting >> Enable USB debugging & OEM
USB debugging & OEM must be enabled to flash twrp recovery. It’s a debug mode when USB is connected. Otherwise, pc can’t reconize your device in any how condition.
Step02 Install Minimal adb & fastboot mode
It’s a 15 second process. Go through the below link and install minimal adb & fastboot tool on pc. Adb & fastboot tool is must to execute the twrp installation commands.
Step03 Redmi 5a USB Drivers
Don’t forget to install Redmi 5a USB divers on pc. Most of the time it will install automatically when you will connect the the device pc. If not, then install Redmi 5a usb drivers manually.
How To Root Redmi 5A MIUI 9 | Redmi 5A TWRP Recovery
Once you are ready with all pre-requirements then go ahead for next. In order to root Redmi 5a MIUI9, you have to follow these below major steps properly. Let’s see, how to gain root access on Redmi 5A MIUI9 mobile?[a] Unlock Redmi 5a Bootloader. [b] Install TWRP recovery on Redmi 5a MIUI9. [C] Flash Root files Using TWRP Recovery.
[a] Unlock Redmi 5a Bootloader.
As we already told you, bootloader must be unlock on Redmi 5a mobile. Otherwise, you can’t flash twrp recovery in any how condition. So bootloader unloking must be your first step in order to root redmi 5a Smartphone.
Follow the universal Xiaomi bootloader unlocking guide from here.
[b] Install TWRP recovery on Redmi 5a MIUI9
Twrp recovery installation is the second step before root Redmi 5a MIUI9 nougat mobile. Follow the twrp recovery installation process for Redmi 5a Nougat Miui9.
- First of all, download & Install usb drivers on pc.
- EnableUSB debugging enabled on your device.
- Make sure Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool is installed on pc.
- Now open the Minimal ADB and fastboot tool folder on pc.
- Copy the downloaded TWRP recovery and paste it into the adb folder. Don’t forget to rename it as recovery.img
- Go to adb installation directory, click on any blank area in ADB folder and then Press and hold Shift Key +Right mouse click and select “open command window here” as shown in below screenshot.
- Boot Redmi 5a Into Fatoboot Mode
Here you may use command prompt method or manual method to boot your device into fastboot mode.
Boot Xiaomi Redmi 5a Into Fastboot Mode By Command
- Connect the phone with pc via USB cable and enter the below command to boot it into fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
Boot Xiaomi Redmi 5a Into Fastboot Mode Manually
Power off device then press & hold Volume down key + power key together at the same time till you see the Mi bunny mascot on the screen.
- This time type the below command and hit enter button
[Command will show all fastboot attached devices]
- Again type the below command to install twrp recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5a and hit enter button
[Command will flash twrp recovery on the device]
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After completing the above process, now type the below command to boot it into recovery mode.
[Command will boot device into newly installed twrp recovery]
fastboot boot recovery.img
- All Done!!! Now you can see newly installed twrp recovery on your Redmi 5a Smartphone.
IMPORTANT – When your device will boot into newly installed twrp recovery for the first time, it will ask to “Keep System Read only”. Don’t Allow it. Click on “Keep Read Only” option. Otherwise, your device may stuck on Mi logo.
In other hand, after moving the root files like SuperSu or magisk file, you can allow system modification.
[C] Root Redmi 5a Using SuperSu
After successful installation of twrp recovery, now you are ready to root redmi 5a without pc. No need to use pc to flash redmi 5a root files. Here you may use Supersu root file or Magisk file. Select any one root file and flash using twrp recovery. Be ready to root redmi 5a without pc.
Root Redmi 5a Using SuperSu File
- Select your preferred language from the list and set it according to you and tap on “never Show this screen on boot again” and swipe allow modifications.
- Select “Format date” to format all files data of your device.
- And come back to main menu of TWRP.
- Next, connect the device with pc and move the “SuperSu zip” file into the internal storage of your device.
- From Twrp recovery, tap on “Install” button and browse the “Supersu zip” file and swipe to confirm flash.
- Here it may take couple of minutes to flash supersu file on Redmi 5a MIUI9 nougat 7.1 mobile.
- That’s it. All done!!!
- Congratulations, you root have rooted Redmi 5a Nougat successfully.
All set and now you can reboot your device normally. It may take long time to boot into normally after flashing process. So sit back and wait to boot it automatically.
- Official Xiaomi Pc Suite English version MIU8 & MIUI 9
- Download Xaiomi Flash Tool
- Bypass MI account verification using MI account unlock tool.
- Unlock Xiaomi account using pc tool?
- Methods to boot Xiaomi into EDL mode?
- Unbrick any Xiaomi android device?
This is all about “how to root Redmi 5a miui 9 without dead risk and how to install twrp recovery on redmi 5a MIUI9?” Simply follow all the above steps as it is and get root access on Redmi 5a to enjoy root benefits. After root redmi 5a, you can install custom ROM, can change IMEi number, can change device ID or can unlock redmi 5a hidden features.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.