How To Install Twrp Recovery On Redmi Note 5 Pro [Whyred]
Install Twrp Recovery On Redmi Note 5 Pro [Whyred]
Once again we are here with Redmi Note 5 Pro TWRP recovery flashing guide. Here in this guide we will show you “how it’s easy to flash custom twrp recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro MIUI9 mobile?” Redmi Note 5 Pro is the latest and newly launched Xiaomi note series smartphone. After getting huge success by Redmi note 4, Xiaomi is ready with their new Redmi Note 5 pro nougat Smartphone. It was quite obvious that the successor will be treated the same, keeping in mind the terrific build quality and features that it offers in the price tag.
Without any doubt Redmi note 5 pro comes with lots of smart features those are enough to make it different from others. But if you are an advance android user and really you are not satisfied with regular MIUI stock ROM and features that it offers, then you may use many other custom ROM witch are available with many extra features and different interesting user interface. But before installing custom ROM, you have to root Redmi Note 5 pro properly. If you have enough knowledge about rooting then you may know that custom recovery is must to root any android devices.
So in this post we will help you to install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 5 pro MIUI9 Nougat 7.1.2. Don’t worry Redmi note 5 pro twrp recovery is fully working and tested by our-self, so you can use it on your own device without any issue.
install MIUI10 on Redmi Note 5 Pro
official twrp recovery for redmi note 5 pro released
Benefits TO Install TWRP Recovery
- After flashing twrp recovery, user can flash custom ROM, Mos’s, Kernal and other flushable zip files.
- You can flash multiple files at the same time using twrp recovery.
- It’s allowing user to flash mod zip files.
- Install Xposed framework using twrp recovery. [stock recovery can’t flash xposed ROM]
- Root any android phone using twrp recovery. [Universal Method]
- Install Magisk manager using twrp recovery.
- Install Supersu on any android using twrp recovery.
- Remove any bloatware of the device using twrp recovery.
- Unlock any device using twrp.
- Take nandroid backup using twrp.
- Restore phone backup use twrp [including complete ROM]
- Fix permission using twrp recovery.
- Wipe or erase complete exsisting data of the device.
So these are some most important advantages and uses of custom TWRP recovery.
Guides To Install TWRP Recovery
- Samsung TWRP Recovery Installation Guide [Samsung Only]
- MediaTek TWRP Recovery Installation using Sp tool [MTK Only]
- Flash twrp recovery using adb command [Universal Method]
Guide To Install Twrp Recovery On Redmi Note 5 Pro Nougat
As we already told you, if you are an advance android user and want to play with your device then rooting is must for you. Till now only un-official TWRP Redmi note 5 pro is available for redmi note 5 pro users. That means you can install Non official TWRP recovery on Redmi note 5 pro.
Redmi Note 5 Pro un-official twrp recovery was published at the XDA forums few days ago, and users have already started showing their interest. Flashing TWRP recovery on Redmi 5 Pro will help you to make your phone ready-to-flash for upcoming ROMs, kernels, or mods like Xposed Framework, ViPER4 Android, or Dolby Atmos.
If you are worry about it’s stability then believe me guys it’s stable without any issue and majority of the features working fine including encryption support.
Till now wish to flash twrp recovery on Redmi note 5 pro MIUI9 to add customization and mod apps then follow the below instructions as it is as shown below and get twrp recovery on Redmi note 5 pro nougat mobile.
Pre-Requirements Before Flash Redmi Note 5 Pro TWRP
- Before going to flash Redmi 5 pro twrp, it’s must to take backup of the device like Messages, documents, contacts, videos and photos etc.
- Xiaomi Redmi note 5 pro comes with locked bootloader. So it’s must to unlock bootloader of the device. Otherwise you can’t flash custom recovery on Redmi note 5 locked bootloader.
GUIDE: How to unlock bootloader of any Xiaomi android phone?
- Charge your device approx. 80% to prevent accidental power off in between flashing process.
- Don’t forget to install adb and fastboot tool to run adb commands.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock
GUIDE: How to enable USB debugging and OEM
GUIDE: How to install Minimal adb & fastboot tool on windows pc?
Download Redmi Note 5 Pro TWRP Recovery
TWRP For Redmi Note 5 Pro twrp-whyred-08032018.img
UPDATE: Official TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 5 Pro
Steps To Install Twrp Recovery On Redmi Note 5 Pro MIUI9
- Download Redmi Note 5 pro twrp recovery and rename it is “Recovery.img”.
- Copy the downloaded twrp recovery file and transfer it into ADB Folder C:\adb
ADB Folder Location: C Drive >> adb folder
- Once you are into adb folder, press & hold “SHIFT” key + Right mouse key and select “Open PowerShell Window here” or “open command window here” option.
- Now come to the device and boot it into fastboot mode using key combinations.
- Again plug micro USB cable and attach the device with pc properly.
- Enter the following commend to check the device is properly connected or not?
[Command will show Device ID as numeric strings]
- Next, execute the below command to to flash twrp recovery.
[Command will flash twrp recovery on Redmi Note 5 pro]
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After completing the flashing process, type or enter below command.
[Command will reboot the automatically]
All Done!!! You have successfully installed TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 5 pro Nougat MIUI9.
How TO Boot Redmi Note 5 Pro Into TWRP Recovery
After following the above steps, now you are ready with newly installed custom twrp recovery. To boot into twrp recovery you have to use key combinations of the device.
- Power off the device properly.
- Press & hold volume up key + power key together at the same time.
- If you are booting the device into twrp recovery at first time, you will see the below screen and it will ask to keep it “Read Only or “Swipe to allow modification “. Here you may choose read only option if you don’t want to root your device. Otherwise select “Swipe to allow modification” option.
- IMPORTANT: Navigate to Advance >> Tool >> Disable Verify > Swipe to flash. [Step is must for Xiaomi phones] otherwise flash laze file to disable boot verification.
Now you are ready to flash supersu or magisk file and other moded zip files for different customizations.
In next post, we will show you how to root Redmi Note 5 pro MIUI9 using Magisk or Supersu ? Hope this guide will help you to install working twrp recovery on Redmi Note 5 pro without any issue.
If the device bricked after flashing recovery or stuck on Mi logo then flash firmware on redmi note 5 pro using Mi flash tool. Check out below guide to flash rom On redmi note 5 pro.
Install official firmware on redmi Note 5 pro using Mi flash tool
****New Update : Redmi Note 5 Pro Mi Account Remove Without Password ****
Hope this guide will help you to install custom TWRP on Redmi Note 5 pro MIUI9 Nougat Smartphone.