Root Asus Zenfone 4 Max Without Pc & Install TWRP
Asus Zenfone 4 Max TWRP Recovery and Root Guide: Are you using Asus Zenfone 4 Max smartphone and now want to root Asus Zenfone 4 Max including twrp recovery? If yes then you have landed on right place. Here is a quick working and tested root guide for Asus Zenfone 4 Max nougat 7.1 & Oreo 8.0 mobile.
In this post you will find complete step by step guide to install official twrp recovery on your own Zenfone 4 Max and then can root Zenfone 4 max without pc or computer.
It’s must to understand that twrp recovery installation is necessary to root Asus Zenfone 4 Max without pc. Same as bootloader should be unlock to install twrp on Asus Zenfone 4 Max mobile. Otherwise, you can’t make changes on the device with locked bootloader.
What is Root and advantages?
Asus Zenfone 4 Max was launched in September, 2017. Out of the box Zenfone 4 Max comes with android nougat version. Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 chipset, Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU, 32 GB ROM and 3 GB RAM are enough to boost it’s performance and speed.
But if you are an advance android user and want to use the powerful Zenfone 4 Max with full potentials then rooting is must on that case. Rooting allows user to apply android tweaks and trick and customization as a developer. Same as there are so many features are available in android devices which are protected or hidden by manufacturer. So if you are able to root the device properly then you can unlock hidden features of Zenfone 4 Max mobile easily. Moreover, user can install custom recovery and custom rom to experience different android interface. These types of modifications are not possible with non-rooted device and you have to satisfy with stock ROM and available features.
Read More Articles
- Root Asus Zenfone 4 Pro Z01GD Using Toolkit [ Install TWRP]
- Download Asus ZenFone Flash Tool – ZenFone Flashing Tool
- Flash Asus ZenFone 5 Flash File & Tool [Unbrick Asus ZenFone 5]
- Root Asus Zenfone 3 & Install TWRP For Zenforne 3
Asus ZenFone 4 Max Official TWRP Recovery and Root guide
Compatibility Or Supporting Devices
Compatibility is most important before going through the root procedure. This root guide and available twrp recovery is only and only for Asus Zenfone 4 Max [Official TWRP Recovery], whose codename/Model number is X00L. Don’t forget to confirm it from your “about phone” section [Setting >> About Phone]. Never ever try this root guide on any other android phones, otherwise you may brick the device permanently.
How To Root Asus Zenfone 4 Max And Install TWRP Recovery
Important Points Before Root Zenfone 4 Max
- Unlock bootloader on Root Asus Zenfone 4 Max, first step.
- Flash twrp recovery on Root Asus Zenfone 4 Max, second step.
- Finally root Root Asus Zenfone 4 Max without computer.
Above three steps are very important in order to gain root access on Root Asus Zenfone 4 Max oreo or nougat handset.
Follow the instructions as it is as shown below to get root privilege on Asus Zenfone 4 max mobile.
Step01 Unlock bootloader on Root Asus Zenfone 4 Max
Out of the box asus zenfone 4 max come with pre-locked bootloader. Basically it’s a security feature of the device and you can’t make any changes in system files without unlock bootloader of the device. So it’s a first necessary step and then goes for next to flash twrp recovery.
Bootloader unlocking is very easy for Asus device and you can unlock or relock it easily.
Step02 Install Official TWRP Recovery On Asus Zenfone 4 Max
TWRP recovery installation is second important step. TWRP recovery allows user to flash root files and other third party flashable zip files. Default stock recovery can’t help you to flash these types of the files. So at first replace your stock recovery with custom recovery and then you will able to root Asus Zenfone 4 Max without computer.
In this method we will use fastboot method and flash twrp recovery using adb command.
Download Official TWRP Recovery File For Asus Zenfone 4 Max – DOWNLOAD
Instructions To Flash TWRP On Zenfone 4 Max
- At first download twrp recovery for asus zenfone 4 max and rename it as recovery.img file.
Example: Rename twrp-3.2.1-0x00I.img file as recovery.img file
- Now download and install “Minimal adb & fastboot tool” on pc. [if already installed skip this step]
- Now copy the recovery.img file and transfer it into adb folder location as it is.
Adb folder location : C drive >> adb folder
- Once you are into adb folder, press & hold “shift” key + right mouse key and select “open command window her” or “open poweshell window here” option.
- A new command window will appear in front of you. Don’t close it we will use it in next step.
- Enable USB debugging & oEM unlock on the device. [GUIDE]
- Connect the device with pc via working USB cable.
Check your phone’s screen, if it asks for “Allow USB debugging”, accept it by selecting OK/Yes
- Boot Asus Zenfone 4 Max into fastboot mode or bootloader mode.
Boot Asus Zenfone 4 Max Into Bootloader Mode by ADB Command
- Enter the below command to boot the device into bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
If you are unable to execute the command then may use below manual method.
Boot Asus Zenfone 4 Max Into Bootloader Mode Manually
* Power off the device properly.
* Press & hold volume up + power key together at the same time until you see anything on the phone screen. [This time phone should be into bootloader mode]
- Once you are into bootloader mode, flash twrp recovery by issuing the following adb command.
[Command will flash twrp recovery just in few second]
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Again type the below command and execute it.
[Command will reboot the device into twrp recovery mode]
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Done !!! you have installed twrp recovery on Zenfone 4 MAX successfully.
If you want to root the device, continue the process.
Step03 Flash SuperSu and Root Asus Zenfone 4 Max Without Pc
This is the final step and no need to use pc or laptop to root Zenfone 4 max. In this final step we will flash supersu exploit or root file using newly installed twrp recovery.
DOWNLOAD SUPERSU ROOT FILE – DOWNLOAD
- Download supersu zip file and transfer it into internal storage of the device.
- Make sure device is booted into twrp recovery, otherwise reboot the device into twrp recovery mode first.
- If it’s your fist time into twrp recovery, it will ask you to select “read only” option or select “swipe to allow system modification” option. We recommend you to select “swipe to allow system modification” option.
- Simple click on “Install” option, browse the supersu zip file from internal storage and swipe to confirm.
- Supersu zip file flashing will take few minutes to complete.
- Now click on “Reboot system” to restart the device in normal mode.
- All Done!!!
After reboot the device, check application and you will find the yellow supersu icon that means device is rooted. For more, download and install “root checker” app from play store and verify the root access. It should be rooted, if you followed the process properly.
Hope this guide will help you to learn how to root Asus zenfone 4 max and how to install official twrp recovery on zenfone 4 maX without dead risk?
Till now facing any issue in any step, please feel free to ask by leaving your comment.