Install TWRP Recovery And Root Redmi Note 6 Pro MIUI10
Redmi Note 6 Pro is the latest released android smartphone of Xiaomi. After getting huge success of Redmi Note 5 pro, Xiaomi launched it’s brand new Redmi Note 6 pro with some extra upgraded feature.
Many Xiaomi lovers already bought this this amazing Redmi Note 6 pro from Amazon flash sale. In the same way, many other advanced users also looking to root Redmi Note 6 pro for customization and modification. So if you are one of them who are involved in rooting or customization then follow the below guide and get full root access on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 pro without dead risk.
Here is good news for all Redmi note 6 pro user. Custom twrp recovery and root file is now available for Redmi Note 6 pro mobile. User can install twrp recovery on Redmi note 6 pro to flash Magisk or SuperSu root file.
If you have enough knowledge about rooting then skip the step and directly jump on Redmi Note 6 pro TWRP recovery installation and rooting procedure. But in case you are new or it’s first attempt then it’s must to know that bootloader must be unlock of Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 pro mobile. Otherwise, you can’t apply any modification without unlock bootloader.
Don’t worry, we will share all the steps with all necessary screenshots.
Download Redmi Note 6 Pro TWRP Recovery, Root File and Other Files
Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool : Download [ Install On Pc]
Download the Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt.zip [Save On Pc]
Redmi Note 6 Pro Root File [Magisk] : DOWNLOAD / MIRROR
Install TWRP Recovery And Root Redmi Note 6 Pro MIUI10[A] Unlock Redmi Note 6 Pro Bootloader [B] Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi Note 6 Pro [c] Flash Magisk And Root Redmi Note 6 Pro MIUI 10
[A] Unlock Redmi Note 6 Pro Bootloader
Bootloader unlocking is the most important step in order to install custom recovery or for any modification. Once you have bootloader unlocked device in your hand, you are free to apply any customization and modification as a developer.
Xiaomi bootloader unlocking process is an universal method for all Redmi and Xiaomi devices including Redmi Note 5 pro. Simply follow the below guide and unlock Mi Note 6 Pro bootloader using Mi Unlock tool.
[B] Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi Note 6 Pro
Custom twrp recovery installation is the second most important step before rooting. TWRP recovery installation will replace default stock recovery with twrp recovery which is must to flash any third party flashable zip file.
It’s must to know that stock recovery can’t flash third party zip file like custom ROM or SuperSu or Magisk file etc.
Let’s see “how to flash TWRP on Redmi note 6 pro MIUI10?”
- Disable any pattern lock or PIN lock from your device. Otherwise, you may face “Unable to mount storage issue”.
- Download TWRP recovery image file, DM verify disabler file, root package zip file and Minimal adb & fastboot tool on pc.
- Connect the device with pc via working USB cable.
- Now copy and transfer the downloaded files [TWRP, DM verify, Magisk file] into phone storage. Don’t forget to keep a copy of TWRP IMG file [tuliprecovery.img] on your PC too.
- Go to “ADB folder” location on the pc. [C drive>> ADB Folder]
- Now transfer the “Redmi Note 6 pro twrp image file” into adb folder and rename it as “recovery.img” file as shown in example.
Rename tuliprecovery.img file as recovery.img
- Now click anywhere into adb folder, press & hold “Shift” key + “Right” click >> select “open command window here” or “opn powershell window here” option. It will open a new command window on pc.
- Come to the device and boot Redmi Note 6 pro into fastboot mode manually.
Power Off >> Press & Hold Volume Down key + Power Key together at the same time until you see the bunny logo.
- Go to the command window and execute the below command to check if the device is properly connected with pc or not?
- Install TWRP recovery : Again go to command window and run the below command to flash twrp on Redmi Note 6 pro mobile.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img[Above command will flash twrp on Redmi S2 within few seconds]
- Again execute the below command to boot device into twrp recovery without booting into android. [Don’t reboot device into android OS]
fastboot boot recovery.img
- After few seconds, device will boot into recovery and it will ask to select “read only” option or select “Swipe to allow modification” option. Here we recommend you to select “Swipe to allow modification” option.
- Once you are into TWRP, go to wipe > advanced wipe and Wipe Data only.
- Reboot to recovery and connect your phone the PC [In case not connected] and transfer the DisableForceEncryption,zip on your phone storage.
- Again click on “install” option, browse “DisableForceEncryption,zip” file from phone storage and flash it by “confirm flash” button.
- Once the flashing done, reboot the device again from recovery option.
All Done!!! twrp recovery installation completed and you are free to flash any third party flashable zip file.
If you don’t want to root then stop here, otherwise go for next to root Redmi Note 6 pro using Magisk file.
[c] Flash Magisk And Root Redmi Note 6 Pro MIUI 10
This is the final step in order to root Redmi Note 6 Pro MIUI 10. Once you have twrp recovery on Redmi Note 6 Pro MIUI 10, you can flash Magisk root file through twrp to get root access on the device.
Follow the instructions and flash magisk on Redmi Note 6 Pro MIUI 10 to gain root access without any dead risk.
- Connect the device with pc via USB cable and transfer Magisk.zip file into phone storage.
- Boot Redmi Note 6 Pro MIUI 10 into TWRP recovery manually.
- Tap on “Install” option from main menu, navigate to Magisk zip file from phone storage and swipe to confirm flash.
- Once the Zip file is successfully installed on your phone. Reboot System.
- All done!!! your Redmi Note 6 pro is now rooted.
This is all about “how to install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 6 Pro?” and “How to root Redmi Note 6 pro using Magisk root file?”
Simply unlock bootloader, flash custom TWRP recovery and then root it by following above instructions.
Remember, rooting is simple but one wrong step may brick the device permanently. So do it carefully on your own risk.