Last updated on February 11th, 2019 at 06:26 am
Install Android P Beta On MI A1 Phone : Are you a Xiaomi Mi A1 android smartphone user and now waiting to update Mi A1 on android p version? I know every user wish to update Xiaomi Mi A1 android one on android P 9.0 version. So guys, your wait is over now and you have a choice to install android P beta update on Mi A1 Oreo device.
We all know Mi A1 is the first android One phone from Xiaomi mobile. But users have faced very bad experience with their official oreo updates and now they want to update Mi A1 mobile on latest android 9.0 P versions to experience latest features of android P.
So in this guide we will show you the complete steps to install android P beta ROM on Mi A1 without dead issue. So if you are waiting for the android P update for Mi A1 mobile then follow MI A1 android P installation guide and be ready to for android p experience on Mi a1 android one device.
IMPORTANT: This android p beta update files are only for Xiaomi Mi A1 android One Oreo mobile. Same is an un-official android p for Mi A1 from XDA developer. It’s only for advanced android users, who have enough knowledge about custom recovery, root and flashing. If you are newbie user, please do it carefully, otherwise you may brick the device.
Credits For Mi A1 Android P Beta ROM Developer
Special thanks to XDA developer joeyhub, who ported the android P developer preview 3 on Mi A1 phone. Don’t be confuse, it’s a un official android P beta ROM for MI A1. Few months back Google officially released the developer preview of android p of Pixel phone and other phones. It’s an open source a programme, so many advanced developers tried their hand to develop unofficial beta P ROM for different devices. So users can test these android p beta build on their own device, if it’s available for them.
Before going to jump into android p installation process, we are repeating it’s an android P beta ROM for Mi A1 android one smartphone and you may face few bugs after installation. But believe me guys it’s 100% working and tested MI A1 android P ROM and will not harm your device, if you are following the steps properly.
Do it on your own risk. We and our site will not be responsible, if anything goes wrong during the installation.
How To Install Android P Beta On MI A1 Phone
Now want to enjoy next generation OS android P on MI A1 phone. Go for it and follow the instructions as it is as shown below. One wrong step or wrong file may brick your device permanently, so do it carefully with your own risk.
Before going to install android P on Mi A1, it must to understand that process is little bit longer but not hard. Just download Mi A1 android P ROM and other flashing files from below download section and flash them using twrp recovery. Don’t worry we will show complete installation with all necessary screenshots.
Mi A1 android p beta ROM is still in developing mode and comes with few bugging. But we can fix them by flashing supporting files. So make sure you are downloading all the files.
Important Points To Flash Android P Beta ROM On Mi A1
- Bootloader of the device must be unlocked.
- TWRP recovery must be installed.
Pre-Requirements To Install Android P Update On Mi A1 Android One Phone
- Charge the device approx. 80% to prevent accidental power off in between flashing process.
- Enable USB Debugging & OEM unlock.
- Unlock Mi A1 bootloader [two methods].
- Install TWRP On Mi A1 [Root Not Required]
- Working USB cable.
- Windows pc or laptop.
Download Files To Install Android P On Mi A1
Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool – DOWNLOAD [Install on pc]
TWRP-fastboot only – DOWNLOAD / Mirror [Unzip on desktop]
Download CosmicDan’s TWRP Installer zip file [save into phone storage]
Download Vendor.img file for Mi A1 [save on your desktop]
Download A/B system GSI img zip file – image file [Extract it on pc]
Download POST-sGSI 1 Tissot zip file [Save on pc desktop]
Download POST-sGSI 2 Tissot zip [save the file on the desktop]
Download a treble-compatible kernel [Save on pc desktop]
Download Latest Magisk 16.7
Download bootloader/modem firmware files [Save on desktop]
Steps To Install Android P Beta On MI A1 Phone
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked and twrp recovery already installed on pc. [Check guides above]
- Now come to device and enable USB debugging & OEM unlock. [Must to execute adb commands]
- Boot Mi A1 into fastboot mode manually.
Power off >> press & hold volume down key + power key together at the same time.
- Connect the Mi A1 with pc via USB cable and don’t unplug it.
- Now download “Minimal adb & fastboot tool” on pc and open “adb folder”.
- Downloaded “TWRP-fastboot only” file, unzip the file and transfer image file into adb folder.
- Click anywhere into adb folder, press & hold “Shift” key + Right mouse click >> select “open command window here” option or “open powerShell windows here” option.
- Type the below command in command window and hit enter to execute. Command will boot device into twrp recovery.
fastboot boot boot-recovery.img
- In the recovery, install the CosmicDan’s TWRP Installer zip file then go to Reboot >>Recovery. [make sure CosmicDan’s TWRP Installer zip file already saved in phone storage]
- Come back to main twrp menu, go to Advanced >> click Tissot Manager >> tick mark on “I understand and I have twrp back” option >> hit Next >> choose the repartition user-data option and then select single-boot option then click repartition >> Reboot to twrp recovery.
- In next step, transfer the Vendor.img file to your phone storage.
- Again click on “Install” option from twrp menu browse the Vendor.img file from device storage and flash it.
- Follow the below steps carefully
Copy POST-sGSI 1 Tissot zip and POST-sGSI 2 Tissot zip into phone storage. Same as extract the A/B system GSI img zip file, copy image file and move to phone storage as shown below.
Save A/B system GSI img on the phone and install as a System image.
Save POST-sGSI 1 Tissot zip on the phone and install as normal Zip file.
Save POST-sGSI 2 Tissot zip on the phone and install as normal Zip file.
- Now follow the same steps and flash treble-compatible kernelusing twrp recovery. This file may take few minutes to flash so don’t panic, just wait to flash.
- Finally go to Tissot Manager > patches Once there, patch the SELinux mode and set it to Permissive.
Advanced >> Tissot Manager >> Tick on “I understand I have twrp backup” >> hit Next >> SELinux mode >> Reboot to twrp
- Now it’s the time to install “Magisk 16.7” zip file to get root access on MI A1 mobile.
- End of the process install the bootloader/modem firmware files on your device. That’s it.
- Go to system reboot >> do not install and boot device into normal mode.
Now device will reboot and may take long time to reboot after flashing. So sit back and wait for normal reboot.
So after successful reboot, MI A1 will boot into new OS android P 9.0. Now you are ready to enjoy latest android p features on Mi A1 android one Smartphone.
TroubleShoot & Fixes
As we already told you it’s a android p beta build for Mi A1 mobile and still in developing mode. So it may show some bugs and some functions will not work without patches. To fix all bugs, download the flashable zip files from below download section and flash them using recovery.
- Download latest Google service framework apk and install it on your device to run Google apps.
- Enable or activate Navigation bar by installing Magsik Module [phone is already rooted so no need to root it again]
- Fix lag or hanging issue by flashing this zip file [p-lag-fix-tissot.zip using twrp recovery. [Download here]
- Download and install “Google Camera APK” to fix camera issues. [Download Here]
So friends, this is all about Mi A1 android p beta ROM and installation. Simply download android p beta ROM for Mi A1 and other supportable files and follow the installation process properly.
If you thing it’s hard to flash or you are confused, please don’t continue the process and wait for official android p update for Mi A1 android one phone.
But in case, you have bricked the device during flashing process don’t panic and flash Mi A1 official firmware to unbrick it again.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.