Easy Method To Open Zip Or RAR File On Android Phones – Unzip Android App
There are different file compression formats are available for users to compress their large files in small size. RAR and ZIP formats are most popular formats for file compression. But, android OS does not support these files format natively. Because of this, sometime it may hard to open these types of files on android devices. But if you know how to open zip and RAR file on android phone then it will not a big task for you.
In the RAR or ZIP file users can compress archives of one or more larger files. After that it is possible to send and download large applications via the internet as quickly as possible. Most of RAR file extractor applications for Android are capable of opening multiple types of compressed files formats like zip, .7z and .iso etc.
For example, if you have a folder of 1 GB size, after compress it using any software it will remain 500 MB to 700 MB according to your compression type. Moreover, you can also compress it much smaller size after applying the trick. But it’s not our topic. Here we are talking about how to open ZIP file on android phone?
Compressed zip file or RAR file formats support almost all Operating Systems. But for android and iOS, it’s little bit tricky to open or access its files.
Android OS natively doesn’t support RAR And ZIP Formats.
How To Open Zip Or RAR File On Android Phones
As we all know we can extract the zip file and RAR file on pc or windows OS with the help of any unzip software like 7Zip, PeaZip, B1 Free Archiver, Bandzip and Quick Zip etc. But do you know how to extract compressed Zip and RAR files on Android Device? If no, this guide will help you learn all about it.
Well, Android OS is very popular because of android applications. Users can find thousands of free and paid apps from Google play store for different tasks. Similarly, we can use third party android application to extract Zip or RAR file on android devices. By default android does not offers native support and function to unzip compressed files on android device.
Important : Here in this tutorial we are using free ZArchiver app to open any RAR and ZIP compressed file on mobile. But if you want, you can also use any other android unzip application for same purpose.
ZArchiver Android APP To Extract Zip Or RAR File On Android Phones
ZArchiver Application is a free utility tool for android phone which is completely free for everyone. At the time of publishing this tutorial, this app has 4.5 rating in play Store from active users. one hundred million installation from Google play store is enough to show its reliability and ability. Best thing about this app is, it can be use to extract any type of compressed file format.
It can open both RAR and ZIP files on android Smartphone. Even, you can also compress files in any desired formats.
- Download latest ZArchiver Application from Google Play Store and install it properly. Otherwise, open Google Play Store, search for ZArchiver app and install it.
- Once you have installed this app on your Smartphone, click on “OPEN” button to launch it.
- Once the app opened, navigate to zip file or RAR file which you want to extract on your phone. For this you can go manually to locate the directory or can use the search option to find the compressed file from your device.
- Once you have located the zip or RAR file that you want to extract or open, just tap on it and you will see a new “MENU” from below.
- Select “View” option to if you want to open archive instantly. Otherwise, select the “Extract” option to open the content of zip file to your phone directory. Here you can extract the zip/rar file content in same folder or can choose another location of your phone.
What ZArchiver app Can Do For You?
- Compress files in different formats types: 7z (7zip), zip, bzip2 (bz2), gzip (gz), XZ, lz4, tar, zst (zstd);
- Decompress the following archive types: 7z (7zip), zip, rar, rar5, bzip2, gzip, XZ, iso, tar, arj, cab, lzh, lha, lzma, xar, tgz, tbz, Z, deb, rpm, zipx, mtz, chm, dmg, cpio, cramfs, img (fat, ntfs, ubf), wim, ecm, lzip, zst (zstd), egg, alz
- Open or View archive contents without decompress: 7z (7zip), zip, rar, rar5, bzip2, gzip, XZ, iso, tar, arj, cab, lzh, lha, lzma, xar, tgz, tbz, Z, deb, rpm, zipx, mtz, chm, dmg, cpio, cramfs, img (fat, ntfs, ubf), wim, ecm, lzip, zst (zstd), egg, alz
- Create password protected archives to make them more secure.
- Edit: add/remove files to/from the archive (zip, 7zip, tar, apk, mtz)
- Create and decompress multi-part archives
- Open highly compressed files
- Ability to open an archive file from mail applications
- Extract splited archives on android
This is all about how to use ZArchiver app to open ZIP and RAR file on android devices? With the help of archive management app, you can extract the compressed files on android phone easily. This app works without internet connection. So, so don’t have ability to transmit any information to answer services or persons. That means, your data is fully secure.
What Are The Best RAR File Extractor For Android Mobile?
There are dozens of free and paid RAR file extractor available for mobile phones. For example, RAR app for android is another best unzip application for android Smartphone. This is developed by WinRAR developers which highly popular unzip software for pc. This app can also open or extract files with the following extensions: .zip,. tar,. .gz, .bz2, .xz, .7z, .iso, and .arj etc. Moreover, same as ZArchiver app this app can create new zip file in mobile. In short, RAR for android app is best alternative of ZArchiver zip file extractor app.
RAR And ZIP File Extractor For Mobile
All the above listed unzip mobile apps are enough to solve your main purpose. But if you are looking for something else or want to test some other alternatives then check out list of 5 best Zip, RAR and Unzip Apps For Android Smartphone.