Good news for Redmi y1 user, Xiaomi released Nougat ROM for Redmi y1. Download Xiaomi Redmi Y1 MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM from below download section and flash Redmi Y1 to unbrick it again. This Redmi Y1 22.214.171.124 Global stable ROM is based on android nougat version. Here in this post we are listing complete detail post to flash Redmi Y1 MIUI 126.96.36.199 global stable ROM [Recovery ROM/ Fastboot ROM].
About – Xiaomi Redmi Y1 MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM
Device Name – Xiaomi Redmi y1
ROM Type – Redmi y1 MIUI 184.108.40.206 Globale stable ROM [Recovery & Fastboot ROM]
Tool – Recovery ROM Using Updater app & Fastboot ROM using Mi Flash Tool
Stability – Stable Without any issue [official]
Pre-Requirements To Install New Update For Redmi Y1 MIUI 9 ROM
- Process will wipe all user data and phone data. So take backup if possible.
- Charge your device approx 80% to prevent accidental power off.
- Working USB cable and USB port.
Download Redmi Y1 MIUI 9 Nougat ROM or Firmware
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 USB Drivers
Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool [Latest Version][Notify us if you found link broken]
- Buy Redmi y1 on special price
- Root & install twrp recovery on Redmi y1
- Unlock Redmi y1 – Redmi y1 factory reset
- Downgrade MIUI 9 To MIUI 8 – All Xiaomi Devices
- Download Official Xiaomi Pc Suite English Version – FOR MIUI 8 / MIUI 9
- Unlock Bootloader of any Xiaomi device
- Bypass Mi account verification using Mi account unlock tool?
How To Flash Redmi Y1 MIUI 9 ROM
There are two different Redmi y1 MIUI 9 nougat ROMs are available to flash. One is Redmi y1 recovery rom and another one is Redmi y1 MIUI 9 Fastboot ROM. Both are MIUI9 global stable rom but flashing process is different for these two different MIUI ROMs.[a] Flash Redmi Y1 on MIUI 9 Using Recovery ROM [b] Flash Redmi Y1 on MIUI 9 Using fastboot ROM
[a] Flash Redmi Y1 on MIUI 9 Using Recovery ROM
MIUI 9 recovery ROM flashing is much easier in compression of Fastboot ROM. But you can’t flash Redmi y1 using recovery ROM, if it’s locked. Device access is must to flash REDMI Y1 MIUI 9 recovery ROM.
So if your device is not locked or able to to access the device then flash MIUI 9 Global stable recovery ROM on Redmi y1 android mobile.
- Download latest MIUI 220.127.116.11 recovery Rom from above download link and rename it as “zip” file.
Example – MIMAXGlobal_V18.104.22.168.MTBT2CIDL_893e317c66_6.0 to Update.zip
- Connect device with pc via USB cable.
- Redmi Y1 driver installation will start automatically. Wait to update Redmi y1 drivers itself.
- Now copy and move “Update.zip” file into internal storage of your device. [Without any folder]
- Go to “UPDATER” app of your device.
- Click on three dots (…) or setting icon, find it on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “choose update package” tab and browse the “Update.zip” file from internal storage.
- Phone will reboot for once and flashing process will start automatically.
- Don’t interrupt the process, it may take long time to flash MIUI 9 Recovery ROM on Xiaomi Redmi y1 Smartphone.
After completing the Redmi y1 MIUI 9 ROM flashing, setup your device again.
Sometimes it may possible, you will get error in recovery rom flashing process via updater app. Just try to repeat the process again to fix recovery rom flashing or use below MIUI fastboot Rom flashing process.
[b] Flash Redmi Y1 on MIUI 9 Using fastboot ROM
This is an another method to flash MIUI ROM on Redmi Y1 mobile. If you are getting error to flash recovery ROM or your device is locked or bricked then apply MIUI fastboot ROM flashing method. It’s a 100% working and more reliable method to flash Redmi Y1 on MIUI 9 nougat ROM.
Please note – This method works only and only on MIUI fastboot ROM. Use only avaliable MIUI 22.214.171.124 Globale stable flastboot ROM.
- Download “Mi Flash tool” and Redmi y1 MIUI 126.96.36.199 fastboot ROM zip file and extract it on pc.
- Next, Run “Mi Flash tool” setup and launch it on pc.
- Power off the device properly and boot into fastboot mode.
- Connect the device iwth pc via working USB cable.
- Click on “Select” button and browse the Redmi Y1 firmware from extracted folder & again click on “Refersh” button.
- Once it will load complete ROM, will show COMPORT in “Mi flash tool” window.
- In Next step, click on flash button to start Redmi y1 MIUi 9 fastboot rom flashing process.
- Here it may take aprox 5-10 minutes to complete the whole process.
- In the end of process, you will see a successful message on the MI flash Tool window.
- All done!!!
You have successfully flash Redmi Y1 MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM.
- Getting error to flash Redmi y1 – If Mi flash tool is showing eeror or unable to flash Redmi y1 then open C:// Driver on pc >> create a new folder as “ROM” >> move extracted MIUI 9 rom into “ROM” folder and repeat the process again.
- Fix Mi flash tool error – till now unable to flash Redmi y1 on MIUI 9 then go through the below link to flash Redmi y1 without unlocking bootloader [edl mode]
Install MIUI ROM without “Mi Flash Tool” – avoid Mi flash tool error
That’s all about “how to flash MIUI 9 ROM on Redmi y1?” follow the tutorial and flash Redmi y1 MIUI 9 recovery rom or Redmi y1 MIUi 9 fastboot ROM easily. After update new rom for Redmi Y1, now you are ready to root Redmi y1 with twrp recovery.
Rooting is an advance android task to use your device with full potential. Root Redmi y1 and apply different android tweaks and tricks to enjoy latest android features.