Update Samsung Galaxy A5 On Oreo [Official Oreo Firmware]
Are you a Samsung Galaxy A5 user, if yes then here is good news for you. Samsung Galaxy A5 received the official Oreo update. So now user can update Samsung A5 on Oreo 8.0 version.
Samsung has started rolling out Android Oreo 8.0 for Galaxy A5 2017. It was expected that Samsung will release the android oreo update for Samsung S7 first, but it seems that had a thing for the A5 2017 sets than their flagships ones from the same year.
Just because it’s an OTA update so it may take long time to receive for some regions. Luckily, we have the Samsung A5 oreo firmware and user can install official oreo firmware on Samsung A5 manually. That means, user can update Samsung galaxy a5 on oreo 8.0 without waiting to seed it out for you as an OTA [Over-To-Air].
Here in this guide, you can download Samsung Galaxy A5 official oreo stock rom and can install it using odin flash tool. It’s an official firmware, so it will not void your phone warranty.
Please Note: This android Oreo 8.0 update is only and only for Samsung a5 2017, Model Number SM-A520F. Don’t try to apply it on any other Samsung A5 device like Samsung A5 2015 [SM-A500] and Samsung a5 2016 [SM-A510].
Technically Samsung will not release the 2018 edition of Galaxy A5. Because this year, Samsung released a new galaxy A8 & A8+ in the same price of Galaxy A7 2018. According the news flash, Samsung is planning to release android oreo update for galaxy A8 & A8+ mobile very soon.
- Samsung A5 A510F Combination File To Reset FRP Lock
- Samsung Galaxy A5 A520F Combination File [Bypass FRP Lock]
- Samsung Galaxy A5  SM-A520F [ROM Avaliable]
- Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500 & SM-A510 [ROM Not Avaliable]
Use the below Oreo stock Rom only and only on Samsung A5  A520F mobile.
Samsung A5 Oreo Firmware : Download Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 SM-A520F Oreo Firmware
Samsung A5 2017 Oreo Stock ROM – DOWNLOAD
How To Update Samsung Galaxy A5 On Oreo [Installation]
So if you really don’t want to wait for official oreo OTA update then download Samsung A5 2017 oreo stock rom from above download section and follow the below guide to install Oreo firmware on Galaxy A5 using Odin flash tool.
Odin flash tool or Odin firmware flashing tool is an official firmware flashing tool for all Samsung phones. It’s an universal method for all Samsung devices, so here we will use latest odin tool to install android oreo stock ROM on Samsung a5 SM-a520f manually.
Read the instructions as it is as shown below and update Samsung a5 on oreo ROM.
Instructions To Install Galaxy A5 Oreo Update Using Odin
- First off all download and extract the downloaded Samsung A5 2017 oreo stock rom on pc. After extracting the zip file, you will get 4-5 files [AP, CP & CSC] in .tar.md5 We will use these files to flash firmware using Odin tool.
- Next, download and install Samsung USB drivers on pc. [Skip the step, if already installed]
- Again, Download Odin flash tool and extract it on desktop.
- Open Odin folder and run Odin.exe file as administrator. [Leave it here and don’t close the tool]
- Come to the device and boot Samsung A5 into Odin mode or Downloading mode using key combination.
- Connect the device with pc via working USB cable. Odin will recognize the device automatically and you will see the Added!! Message in log window. Same as you may see the blue ID:COM message on the tool. That means Odin detect the device properly and you are ready for next step.
- Now it’s the time to load the firmware into odin tool. For this, click on “AP” Or “PDA” option from tool and load the AP file [.tar.MD5] from firmware folder.
Normally you will find one file [.tar.MD5] to load as “AP” file. But if you get more than one file, load all corresponding files one by one in BL, AP, CP and CSC option.
- Navigate to “Option” tab and configure it as show below. Make sure “Re-Partition” check box not selected.
- Review all the options again, make sure you had loaded the correct firmware & files in appropriate section. If everything is fine, hit on start button to start firmware flashing process.
- Firmware flashing process will start and you may see the complete flashing logs in log window.
- Don’t interrupt the process in any how condition? Otherwise, you may brick the device permanently.
- After flashing the process, you will see the green Pass message on the top of the tool and phone will reboot automatically.
- That’s it. Unplug the USB cable and wait for reboot.
Note: after flashing firmware, device may take long time to reboot at first boot. So sit back and for it. Don’t try to apply force boot.
Once the device reboot, open phone “Setting” >> About Phone >> Software Version >> Check android version. This time it should be android Oreo 8.0.
For Advance Android User
Android rooting is an advance android method to use android phone with full potential. Rooting allows user to tweak their android phone for different tasks, which you can’t perform with non-rooted phone.
So here we recommend you to install twrp recovery on Samsung A5 2017 oreo and then root it. If you are interested to root Samsyng a5 oreo mobile, please leave your comment. We will update rooting method in our next article.
- Change IMEI number of android phone
- Swap internal to external [Increase Storage]
- Bypass Samsung Google account lock [FRP]
So guys, this is all about how to update Samsung galaxy A5 2017 on android oreo version manually? You can wait for official OTA oreo update, otherwise install oreo firmware on Galaxy A5 using Odin tool [Manual].
Till now getting any issue to download Samsung A5 Oreo ROM or installation process, please leave your comment.