Root Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955W / Install Official TWRP [Canada Variant]
Official TWRP recovery for Samsung galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955W is now available to download. Download TWRP recovery for Samsung galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955W Canada variant and install it by following guide. Once you have custom twrp recovery on Samsung galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955W mobile, you may root the device easily. Don’t worry all the Official TWRP recovery and root files are 100% working and tested by our self.
Samsung galaxy S8 Plus Official twrp is only and only for Samsung SM-G955W Canada build only. Don’t try to flash this twrp recovery on any other Samsung S8/S8+ variant. Rooting may void phone warranty or may brick your device, so do it on your own risk.
If you have any other Samsung S8 or S8+ android Smartphone then check below link to download TWRp recovery for all Samsung S8 and S8+ variant.
But if you have Samsung S8 Plus SM-G955W Canada model then follow the below guide to install twrp recovery and root the device.
About – How To Root Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G955W OREO 8.0 Canada Variant
Brand – Samsung
Model – Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G955W [Canada]
OS– OREO 8.0
Recovery Type – Official TWRP For Sm-G955
Root File – Magisk or Supersu
Stability – Stable without any issue
What Is Rooting?
If you are an advance android user or love to customize your device as a developer then rooting is perfect solution for you. Rooting is an advance android technique, which allows user to take full control on the device. That means after getting full root access on any device, you may apply different android tweaks & tricks, can install custom ROM to experience different android version, Can change device ID or IMEI number and also can remove- preinstalled apps etc.
In other hand if you think your device is junked because of unwanted third party apps then delete pre-installed third party apps to free up precious internal storage and RAM. It will help you to boost performance and speed of the device. Same as there are so many other advantages are available for rooting device. You can find them on Google easily.
What Is TWRP Recovery – For Newbie Users
Few years ago CWM [clockworkMod] custom recovery was the famous recovery for all root lovers. But now many things have changed and new player entered in this rooting community. TeamWin Project or TWRP recovery is one of them. Now a days TWRP recovery is the first choice for all users who wants to replace stock recovery or wants to root their device.
First twrp recovery was developed for Nexus devices. But now it’s available for countless others android Smartphones [including Tablets]. You can find twrp recovery for your device in form of both official and third-party builds.
TeamWin recovery comes with touch-screen enabled interface which is necessary for you if you want to flash third party firmware or want to take full ROM backup of your device. Default stock recovery never ever allows you to perform these types of task in any how condition.
Download TWRP Recovery For Samsung S8 Plus SM-G955W, Drivers & Tools
TWRP For Samsung S8 Plus SM-G955W [Canada] – DOWNLOAD
Samsung USB Drivers – Download
Flash Tool – DOWNLOAD
Pre-Requirements To Root Samsung S8+ SM-G955W Oreo 8.0
- Charge the device approx. 40% to prevent accidental power off in between flashing process.
- Don’t forget to take backup of the device.
- Working USB cable.
- Pc or laptop is must to install twrp recovery on Samsung SM-G955 Oreo android phone.
Let’s start the tutorial and learn “how to root Samsung Galaxy G955W oreo 8.0?
Root Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955W & Install Official TWRP
Before going to root Samsung Galaxy S8+, its necessary to know that TWRP recovery installation is must. At first install official TWRP recovery on Samsung SM-G955W then flash supersu or Magisk root file to root Galaxy S8 plus g955w Oreo mobile.[A] Install Official TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus G955W [B] Flash SuperSu or Magisk And Root Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus G955W
[A] Install Official TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus G955W
If you are going to root Samsung S8 SM-G955W Canadian variant then you need to replace default stock recovery with custom recovery like TWRP. In this first step we will flash official twrp recovery on Samsung Galaxy s8+ SM-G955W android OREO mobile.
- Download Samsung S8 plus SM-G955W official TWRP Recovery and extract it on pc. [TWRP recovery must be in .tar.MD5 format]
- Enable USB Debugging & OEM unlock [GUIDE]
- Boot Samsung Into Downloading Mode
- Plug USB cable and attach the device with pc via USB cable.
- Download Odin flash tool and launch it on pc.
- Odin will detect the device automatically and you will see the Added!!Message in Odin message window. Same as you will see blue ID:COMthat means Odin successfully recognize the device. [Make sure device is already into download mode]
- Navigate to “Option” section and configure tool as shown below.
Please note: Re-Partition option must be uncheck.
- Click on “AP”Or “PDA” option from tool and load the Samsung Galaxy On7 G6100 TWRP file [.tar.md5]
- Finally hit on “Start” button to start twrp recovery flashing process on Samsung S8+ mobile.
- End of the successful flashing, you will see green “PASS” message on the tool.
- Done!!! TWRP recovery installed on Samsung On7 and device will reboot automatically.
How to Boot Into TWRP – Press & hole volume up key + Home key [Bixby] + power key together at the same time and release all the keys quickly as you see the Samsung logo.
[B] Flash Supersu or Magisk Using TWRP & Root Samsung S8+ G955W
Once you are able to use official twrp recovery on Samsung S8+ SM-G955W, you can flash supersu or Magsik root file with twrp recovery. Flashing supersu or magisk root files are necessary to root Samsung S8+ SM-G955W Oreo mobile.
Method01 Flash Supersu To Root Samsung Galaxy S8+ OREO SM-G955W
- Download SuperSu.zip file [Samsung S8+ Root File] and transfer it into the internal storage of the device.
- Boot device into custom twrp recovery manually or using adb command.
- At first boot, it will ask you to select “read only” or “Swipe to allow modification”. Here we recommend you to choose “Allow modification option”.
- Once you are in TWRP recovery, click on install option and browse the supersu file from internal storage of the device.
- After selecting the correct file, slide the “swipe to confirm flash” button.
- Here it may take few seconds to flash supersu file.
- End of the flashing process, click on “Wipe cache/Delvik” option and “Swipe TO Wipe” again.
- Click on “Do not install” option and reboot the device normally.
- All done!!
Method02 Flash Magisk To Root Samsung Galaxy S8+ Sm-G955W
If you don’t want to root Samsung Galaxy S8+ g955w using Supersu then here is another method for you. Just flash Magisk installer and masgisk apk and root your device easily.
Flashing process is almost same for both Supersu and Magsik root file. Follow the below guide and learn how to root Samsung S8+ Using Magisk file?
This is all about how to root Samsung galaxy S8 plus SM-G955W oreo android phone and how to install twrp recovery on Samsung S8 plus G955W safely?
Aafter getting root access on the device you are free to customize your device in your own way. Install custom ROM & Kaernal and modes to enjoy different user interface.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.