Learn How To Stream Apple TV On Nvidia Shield
Did you know Apple streaming TV app is now available on Nvidia Shield? After a long time, Google and Apple are starting the Apple TV access to Android TV devices. In that series, Nvidia added the official support for Apple TV to its Shield TV devices.
Probably, you may know that Apple TV is one of the most popular streaming app powered by APPLE. In the beginning it was not available for Google TV and android OS based TVs. But the good news is that all the shield owners can get access to the Apple TV app to watch movies, series, live TV channels etc. Because of this deal, Shield TVs are the first third party android devices to get this Apple TV support.
After getting the full official support for Apple streaming TV app on Nvidia Shield, users can stream content in 4K HDR if available. Additionally, interested users can watch on demand content directly from individual Apple TV channels.
Apple TV offers a huge collection of latest movies, Tv shows and series with a buy and rent options. To make it easy to use, all the available contents are listed in different categories under the library section. Official Apple TV is available for many devices but Nvidia Shield is the first third party android OS based platform. By following this guide, users can easily download and install Apple TV apps on Nvidia Shield.
Apple TV App Pricing And Features
- Get a free Apple TV and Apple TV+ subscription for the first 7 days.
- Monthly subscription pack of Apple TV + app is $4.99 only.
- Premium users can access the Premium TV channels Showtime, Cinemax, HBO Max, STARZ, and EPIX etc.
- Personal watchlist facility to add the contents to watch later.
How To Install Apple TV on Nvidia Shield Devices
Method 01 Add Apple TV App On Shield TV Officially
Nvidia Shield comes with android OS which is the first third party android device that supports the Apple streaming application. Therefore you can download the Apple TV app from the android Google Play Store app.
- Turn ON your Nvidia Shield and select the “Apps or Application” tab on the home screen.
- Select the Google Play Store and search for Apple TV app.
- Same as Smartphone download and Install the Apple TV app on the Nvidia Shield.
- After successful installation of the app, launch it and select Start Watching on the Apple TV home screen.
- Now select the Settings option from the top and then click the Accounts option.
- Create a new account or click the Sign In >>> select the Sign In on This TV.
- Now enter the correct Apple ID credentials for account login and start streaming the Apple TV content.
Method 02 Watch Apple TV Content On Nvidia Shield Without Installation
If you are having any issue, installing the Apple Tv app on your Nvidia Shield stream cast is the best option for you. Here you no need to download and install Apple App on your Shield device. Just follow the below procedure and cast the Apple TV on the Nvidia Shield directly from your browser.
Note : Make sure internet connection (WIFI) of the PC/ Laptop and the Nvidia Shield should be on the same network. Otherwise, the casting method will not work for you.
- Launch the Google Chrome web browser on your Laptop or pc.
- Next, open the official Apple TV website in chrome and click the Sign option.
- Enter your login credentials (Apple ID & Password) Properly .
- Now click the “Three Dots” from Google Chrome.
- Find and select the Cast or Mirror option from the list and select Nvidia Shield to connect.
- Click the Sources drop down and choose the Cast tab to stream the Apple TV alone.
- Choose the content that you want to watch on the Nvidia Shield.
- Done!!! In real time, content on your Apple TV will start mirroring on Shield device TV.
This is all about how to watch Apple TV content on Nvidia Shield powered devices. Simply download the latest apple TV + app from Google play store or start mirroring directly from your Chrome browser. Both methods are working and tested right now. Just because official Apple TV app is supported by Nvidia Shield, so you no need to sideload Apple App on Nvidia Shield devices.