How To Disable Auto Payment In Netflix Android App And Pc – Netflix Stop Payment
Methods To Disable Auto Payment In Netflix Android App And Pc – Netflix Stop Payment
Do you want to stop Netflix auto payment but don’t know how to do that? If yes then this guide is for you. Here in this guide, we will show you an official method to remove credit cards and debit cards from Netflix accounts to stop Netflix auto renew service.
Same as Hulu and Amazon Prime, Netflix is also an online video streaming service. This service was launched in 2016 for Indian consumers at 500 Rs per month. To make it more popular, Netflix offers the first month as a free trial. Just because it’s a subscription based service, users need to sign-up with credit card or debit card details so Netflix will charge you after completing your free trial.
Without any doubt automatic payment deduction is a very useful feature, if you don’t want to remember to keep renewing data of the subscription. But what you will do if you don’t want to continue the service. In that case, you should cancel the subscription before you get charged. It’s necessary otherwise Netflix will auto deduct the amount from debit card or credit card on the next payment cycle. Actually, reasons to stop or disable auto payment in Netflix accounts may be different for different users. But if you are looking for the same, here is how to stop auto payment in netflix subscription in android phone and pc?
TIPS : Premium Netflix moderate apk is also available to watch all paid contents on android Smartphone. For this app, you no need to purchase monthly subscription pack. In short, enjoy the Netflix on demand videos without payment.
How do I remove payment methods from my account?
If you are thinking of removing the existing payment method from your Netflix account then you can’t do it manually. Unfortunately, Netflix never allows the user to manually remove payment method from your Netflix account [But can change payment method].
For example, if you want to remove the added credit card on Netflix, it’s not possible. In short, there is no direct option to remove a specific payment method from Netflix account. However, users can end their monthly subscription and then Netflix will close all payment methods automatically.
Does Netflix automatically take money from debit card without OTP?
As we already said in the beginning, users can add a debit card or credit card to access Netflix streaming service. But Netflix can’t make automatic payment deductions from debit cards. In other scenarios, if you are using a credit card for payment, it deducts the amount automatically when your subscription is due for renewal.
In the case of a debit card, it asks for authentication by otp every time to make a payment. So you have to manually authenticate and make payment by yourself. Netflix can’t automatically debit from a debit card without OTP password. In case of non-payment when your subscription is getting over, Netflix will suspend your account till you make a payment. After that you can make a payment to resume your service.
How To Prevent Netflix From Taking Money Automatically?
If you are not interested in continuing with Netflix streaming service and want to stop auto payment then there is not any direct method to remove payment methods from your Account page. In short, you can’t disable auto payment in Netflix account without disabling your account. Still want to remove auto payment methods from Netflix account, just cancel the membership. After that it will not deduct any payment from your bank account (through credit card/debit card).
Important: Netflix users can’t stop auto renewal on Netflix without cancelling membership.
(A) Cancel Netflix Account Membership Via Website To Disable Auto Payment
- Visit on Netflix official site and enter in your account with correct credentials.
- Click on “Profile” icon >>> select the “Account” option from the drop down menu.
- Now select the “Cancel Membership” option from the next page.
- On the next page, it will show you the current billing period. If you are confirmed to continue, click on the “Finish Cancellation” button.
- Select the reason to stop the service. Here you can choose anything. After that click on “DONE”.
Netflix membership cancellation process completed successfully but you can still use the service until membership is fully over.
READ MORE :
Methods To Change Payment Modes On Netflix Account
How To kick Someone off Netflix Without Changing password
(B) Cancel Netflix Membership Via Android Phone To Stop Auto Renewal
Here are the quick steps to disable auto payment mode in Netflix account, if you want to stop Netflix to take money from debit card or credit card.
- Launch Netflix application in android mobile.
- Login with credentials, if already not logged in.
- In the Netflix app, swipe in from the left to show the “menu”.
- Again, swipe down to show the “settings” section and then tap on “Account Settings”.
Above action will open a browser window on your phone. Swipe down to navigate to “Cancel membership” option and then tap on Finish Cancellation on the next screen to confirm your action.
(C) How To Cancel Netflix Auto Renewal On iPhone
Netflix membership cancelation process is completely different from android Smartphone.
- Open App Store on iPhone.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Apple ID” >> Tap “View Apple ID”.
Sometimes, it may ask to sign in, you might have to enter your Apple ID password and tap OK.
- Under the SUBSCRIPTIONS, tap “Manage” >>> then tap to open “Netflix”.
- Tap the switch next to Automatic Renewal to turn it off. If it’s green, then automatic renewal is on. If not, then it’s off.
(D) How To Cancel Netflix Subscription via iTunes
- Download iTunes if you don’t have it already.
- Run iTunes >> click Sign In >> enter your Apple ID and password.
- Now tap the person icon >> select “Account Info” from the drop-down menu.
- Again enter your password and click View Account.
- Scroll down to “Settings” >>> click “Manage” from Subscriptions.
- Click the “Edit”, just after the Netflix.
- To the right of Automatic Renewal, click Off.
How To Change Automatic Payment On Netflix Account – Change Payment Method
This section is only for those users who want to change new payment mode in Netflix account for auto payment. Users can easily add a new payment mode for Netflix account in android phone by following the below instructions.
- Open the updated Netflix app.
- Tap on the three lines from the top left section.
- Next, tab to select the “Account” from the bottom of the menu.
- Scroll down and tap the “Update billing information” option.
- Select a payment method according to your own choice.
- Enter the correct information for your new payment method.
- Scroll down the screen >> tap the “Update payment method” and it will update new auto payment mode in your account.
Q1. Can I change payment mode or automatic payment in Netflix account for auto renewal?
Ans. Yes, users are free to add new payment mode anytime. After adding the new payment mode with Netflix account, you will be charged from a new activated payment card (debit card or credit card).
Q2. Will I be charged for Netflix if I cancel?
Ans. Many people want to know “what happens if I cancel Netflix early?” If you cancel your subscription before the next renewal cycle, you can continue to watch Netflix until your account automatically closes at the end of your current billing cycle.
Q3. What’s the process to get a refund on Netflix?
Ans. Users can stop or cancel their monthly subscription anytime but can’t receive a refund from Netflix. After cancelling your service, you will not be charged for any additional months.
READ MORE : How To Watch Netflix On Nintendo Switch Gaming Console?
Membership cancellation is the only way to prevent Netflix from taking my money. Otherwise, you can’t stop or disable auto payment mode in Netflix account. In simple words, Netflix allows users to change or add new payment but not allowed to remove payment mode.
This is all about “how to stop auto payment in netflix/renewal on Netflix?” Hope this guide will help you to understand more about Netflix auto payment mode working.