Find Redmi Note 5 Pro EDL Mode PINOUT [Redmi Note 5 Pro Test Points]
Recently I was on MIUI forum for some research about the redmi note 5 pro MIUI smartphone. Suddenly I found a thread about “Redmi note 5 pro edl modes”. A forum member was asking that where is Redmi Note 5 Pro edl test point and he was unable to find that? Same as we found that there is no one who replied the correct answer.
So I decided to write this post for all Redmi note 5 users, who want to flash Redmi Note 5 Pro into edl mode and unable to find the working & correct edl test point for Redmi note 5 pro mobile.
What Is EDL Mode?
If you are newbie user then probably EDL mode may be new word for you. But if you are involved in rooting and flashing firmware then absolutely not.
We already arranged a full detail post for Xiaomi EDL mode, so you may read it from HERE.
In short, EDL mode is also known as emergency mode for mobile. Technically all the Xiaomi devices come with EDL mode option. If you want to install or update your own Xiaomi or Redmi phone then you have many options to flash new stock ROM on the device using Recovery Mode or using fastboot mode. Both methods have some limitations like Recovery ROM can be used only to update higher version and you can’t downgrade Xiaomi version.
Same as if the bootloader of the device is already unlocked then you may boot the device into fastboot mode and then can install stock rom using Mi flash tool easily. Both methods can be perform if the device is ON condition and you are able to access your device setting.
But what if the bootloader of Redmi note 5 pro is locked or Device stuck on MI account verification screen or device stuck on Mi logo or bootloop or you are unable to boot the device into fastboot mode? In that type of critical situation EDL mode is the only solution which can help you to unbrick the device again.
Just boot the device into EDL mode or emergency downloading mode and flash MIUI fastboot rom /firmware using Mi flash tool. It will fix the all existing errors or you can recovery your dead phone again.
It’s really must to understand that EDL mode flashing is an universal method for all Xiaomi and redmi devices. But EDL booting process may be different for different devices. For some devices, you can use EDL boot command but problem is that now a days edl command don’t work for all latest Xiaomi smartphones. So test point is the easiest and perfect method to boot any Xiaomi phone into edl mode using test terminals.
So now the point is that where is the Redmi note 5 pro EDL mode PINOUT or EDL test points?
Remember this process is little bit technical. In our next post we will show you “how to flash firmware on redmi note 5 pro into edl mode?”
This post is only to find the Redmi note 5 pro edl mode that can be use to flash fastboot rom using Mi flash tool.
Redmi Note 5 Pro EDL Mode PINOUT
Find EDL MODE FOR Redmi Note 5 PRO
- Power off the device if possible.
- Open back cover of dead Redmi note 5 pro. [You may do Google to tear down Redmi Note 5 pro at home]
- Once you are able to remove back cover, disconnect the batter connector first. Battery not required for EDL mode.
- Now remove the black tape to visible the edl points of Redmi Note 5 pro as shown below.
- Now EDL mode or Redmi note 5 pro edl test points are in front of you. And you can use them to install firmware on Redmi note 5 pro without unlock bootloader.
So guys this is all about Redmi note 5 pro emergency downloading mode or edl mode. Now you can find the Redmi note 5 pro test points easily.
Uses Of Redmi Note 5 Pro Test Points
- Install stock ROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro MIUI9 & MIUI10.
- Flash Redmi Note 5 Pro without unlock bootloader. Bootloader unlocking permission not required.
- Recovery dead Redmi Note 5 Pro by flashing firmware.
- Install stock ROM easily, if the device is not able to boot into fastboot mode or device stuck on MI logo.
- Remove Redmi Note 5 PRO mi account without any tool.
- Upgrade or downgrade Redmi note 5 pro MIUI versions easily.
Hope you find this tutorial helpful for you. Till now have any issue or quarry regarding this topic, please feel free to ask us by leaving your comment.