Here is a full detail instruction guide to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One without dead risk. It’s an universal official method to unlock bootloder on Xiaomi Mi A1 without dead risk. Simply follow all the below instructions to unlock Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One bootloader. If you are going to root your device or want to install twrp recovery or want to customize your device then you have to unlock bootloder of Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One to make changes on your device.
Xiaomi Mi A1 android one Smartphone was launched in September, 2017 on Amazon flash sale. Xiaomi Mi A1 also known as Xiaomi Mi 5X in China country. The Xiaomi Mi A1 Android one mobile comes with 5.5″ (13.97 cm) display and runs on latest Android v7.1.2 (Nougat) operating system. Xiaomi already announced to upgrade Xiaomi Mi A1 on android Oreo 8.0 very soon. Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 chipset, Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU, Adreno 506 GPU, 64 GB ROM and 4 GB RAM are enough to boost it performance and speed for all Xiaomi Smartphone lovers. [More Specification about Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One Smartphone]
About – How To Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One
Device – Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One
Working Status – 100% Stable without any issue
Data loss – Complete data wipe
Status – Stable without any risk
- Samsung FRP hijacker tool – Bypass Samsung FRP lock
- How to downgrade MIUI9 to MIUI 8 – Universal Method
- How to unbrick any Xiaomi Smartphone – Universal Method
- How to flash MIUI fastboot ROM on any Xiaomi – Universal Method
- How to unlock Bootloader of any Xiaomi device – Universal Method
- Xiaomi Mi A1 Firmware 22.214.171.124 Available To Download
Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One
As we all know it’s Xiaomi Mi A1 is first android One Smartphone of Xiaomi’s. So here you can use two different method to unlock bootloader on Xiaomo Mi A1.[a] Method01 – Unlock Mi A1 Bootloader using Mi Flash Unlock Tool [b] Method02 – Unlock Mi A1 Bootloader using command prompt
[a] Method01 – Unlock Mi A1 Bootloader using Mi Flash Tool
For more help you may watch this video to unlock Mi A1 bootloader.
- Download and install Xiaomi USB Drivers on pc.
- Download “Mi Flash Unlock” tool on pc.
- Create “Mi account” [ Mi Account is must]
- Your mobile number [ we will use it to get verification code]
- Working USB cable.
- Internet on pc.
Step02 Enable OEM & USB Debugging Mode
Go to phone Setting >>Additional Setting >> Developer Option >>Enable OEM Unlocking>>Enable USB debugging
Steps to Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Android One
As we already told you, if you have any customisation and modifications for your device then first of all, Bootloader must be unlock on Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One Smartphone. By default Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One comes with locked bootloader. So you have to take permission of Xiaomi developers to unlock Xiaomi Mi A1 bootloader. Otherwise, you can’t apply any type of modification on your device like custom recovery cwm/ twrp installation and also can’t root your device. One more thing bootloader unlocking will wipe all user data and phone data from your Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One mobile.
- At first create Mi account on your device if you have not created it yet.
- Now open downloaded “Mi Flash Unlock” tool on pc and launch “MiFlashUnlock.exe” setup.
- Here you will see some term & conditions on the screen, click on “Agree’ button to continue the process.
- Now you will see the below screen, it will ask you to enter your MI account which you are using on your Xiaomi device.
- This time, it will check if your device is allowed to unlock bootloader or not!!!!
- Here you can see it will tell you, “Your device isn’t supported by Mi Unlock” to unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi device. Just ignore the message and click on “GO” button for the next step.
- Again you will redirect to official Mi site, now click on “UNLOCK” button.
- Important – fill all the detail carefully like Phone number and reason – why do you want to unlock bootloader of your device? In the last click on “Apply Now” button to submit your bootloader unlocking request.
- In this step, it will ask for unique verification code which you received on your phone number. Just enter the correct verification code here.
- In next step, you can see a successful message on your pc screen.
- Now you have to wait for confirmation message. Xiaomi authority will review your request .once they approved, you will get confirmation message on your registered number [Sometimes confirmation message can take long time to receive]
Confirmation code will be something like this as shown in screenshot
NOTE : Once you receive the verification code, go to phone Setting >>Additional Setting >> Developer Option >>Enable OEM Unlocking>>Enable USB debugging
- Now Power off your device and boot into fastboot mode [Press & Hold Volume Down + Power Key together at the same time for few seconds]
- Now connect your device with pc via USB cable [Make sure your device already into Fastboot mode]
- Now again launch the “MiFlashUnlock.exe” setup and click on “Agree” button.
- Now enter the same Mi account to continue the next step.
- Again it will check your device permission. But this time your device will be detect by Mi Unlock tool. Once Mi flash unlock tool detect your device hit on “Unlock” button.
- Xiaomi bootloader unlocking processes will be start and wait to complete the process bar. After completing the process you can see successful message “UNLOCKED SUCCESSFULLY”.
- All Done!!!
[b] Method02 – Unlock Mi A1 Bootloader using command prompt
For more help you can watch this video to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1 android one Smartphone.
Step02 Enable USB debugging on Xiaomi MI A1
- Open portable adb & fastboot tool folder on pc.
- Now click on any blank area in ADB folder and then Press and hold Shift Key +Right click and select “open command window here”
- A new command window will appear in front of you. Don’t close it.
- Connect device with pc via USB cable & enter the following command
Command will show all attached devices with pc]
- Now you will see a notification on your device for USB debugging permission. Just allow it.
- Again type below command to boot Mi A1 into bootloader mode
Command will boot device into fastboot mode]
adb reboot bootloader
- Now again type the bellow command to check fastboot devices.
Command will show all attached fastboot devices]
- This time, type the below command to check bootloader status on your device.
Command will show all device information]
fastboot oem device-info
here you can see your device bootloader is locked
- Now type the below command to unlock bootloader
Command will unlock bootloader of your device]
fastboot oem unlock
- Again type the below command to check bootloader status
fastboot oem device-info
- All Done!!!
This is all about how to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1 android one Smartphone. The above guide is 100% tested & working. By following all the steps you can unlock bootloader of any Xiaomi android phones.
So as your bootloader has been unlocked on your Xiaomi Mi A1 device, now you might be looking for rooting your Mi A1, so please keep visiting 99mediasector.com very soon we will update new guide to root Xiaomi mi A1. So be in touch and also don’t forget to subscribe our YouTube channel – New Information Era.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.