This root guide is only for Redmi 4 Prime users who want to root Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime for advance modification and customisation. Here we arranged full root guide for Xiaomi Redmi 4 prime with all instruction and necessary images. Just follow all the steps one by one to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime then install TWRP recovery 3.0.3 and then again flash supersu file using twrp recovery to root Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime safely.
Read the above quick points to root Xiaomi Redmi 4 prime, it will help you to understand the whole root process for Redmi 4 prime.
Ok now come to the point and let’s see how to root Xiaomi Redmi 4 prime safely without effort.
Root Xiaomi Redmi 4 prime/ Unlock Bootloader / Install TWRP Recovery
In order to root Xiaomi Redmi 4 prime, you have to follow these below major steps.
[b] Install TWRP recovery Xiaomi Redmi 4 prime
[c] Flash SuperSu file Using TWRP Recovery
Step01 Unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 4 prime
Bootloader should be unlock to root Redmi 4 prime. Bootloader unlocking is first step to root Redmi 4 prime. If bootloader is locked then you can root Xiaomi Redmi 4 prime in any how condition.
Follow the Xiaomi Redmi 4 prime bootloader unlock guide.
- Charge your device aprox 80%
- Take backup of your device, phone data & user data will wipe in rooting process.
- Working USB cable.
Step03 Download Redmi 4 prime root files
- Download & install minimal adb fastboot tool on pc.
- Download Xiaomi Redmi 4 prime usb drivers on pc [ if required]
- Download TWRP recovery file [TWRP for redmi 4 prime]
Download Redmi 4 Prime twrp File – link 1
Download Redmi 4 Prime twrp File – link 2
- Download SuperSu file [Redmi 4 prime root file]
Download Redmi 4 prime root file – link1
Download Redmi 4 prime root file – link2
Step04 Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock
- Enable Developer Option – Go to Setting>>About Phone>> MIUI Version [tap 7-10 times]
- Enable USB Debugging – Go to Setting>>Additional Setting>>Developer Option>>USB Debugging
- Enable OEM Unlock – Go to Setting >>Additional Setting>>Developer option >>Enable OEM Unlock
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
As I told you at first you have to install TWRP recovery on the device to flash supersu file. So now start with twrp recovery installation process.
- Make sure usb debugging and OEM unlocked on your device.
- Make sure you minimal adb & fastboot tool installed on pc.
- Boot Redmi 4 Prime into fastboot mode.
- Now connect it with pc via USB cable [make sure it’s already in fastBoot mode]
- Download the TWRP file from above link and place it into the folder where ADB installed and rename it as twrp.img
- Now go the installation directory of adb and open “ADB Folder”
- Now click on any blank space into the adb folder and then press & hold “Shift key + Right-click” from mouse and select “open command window here” option.
- Now a commend window will be open in front of you.
- Type the below command & hit enter
fastboot devices[Command will show the attached fastboot devices]
- Now gain go to command box and type the below command & hit enter button.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img[Command will flash twrp recovery on your device into fastboot mode]
- It will take few second to install twrp on your phone.
- All Done!!! TWRP recovery has been installed on your device.
- Don’t disconnect your device.
Flash SuperSu File To Root Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
Now it’s the time to flah supersu file using twrp recovery. After flashing supersu file you will get full root access on Xiaomi redmi 4 prime.
- Now copy the downloaded supersu file and paste it into the storage of your android mobile [save without folder]
- Now again boot device into newly installed twrp recovery by the following command
fastboot boot twrp.img[Command will boot your device into twrp recovary]
- Change the language of twrp recovery if you are not comfortable in china language.
- Now again click on “Install” option and browse the supersu file which is stored in your device storage. Just flash it.
- Here it may take few minutes to complete the flashing process. So don’t interrupt it and sit back.
- After completing the process “wipe cache/delvic” for once.
- In the last click on “Reboot System” and boot it normally.
- It may take long time to boot after flashing.
- All Done!!! You have successfully rooted your Redmi 4 prime safely.
Check Root Status On Redmi 4 Prime
If you want to check root status of Redmi 4 Prime then take your device in your hand and find the supersu application. If you are able to see it on your device that means you have full root access on Redmi 4 Prime.
Otherwise you can download “Root Checker app” from Google play store. Just download & install it on your pc. Here you can see root status of your device.
How To Unroot Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
If you think your device is not working fine after root or you want to unroot it again, just because of any reason then it is must for you to know how to unroot Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
Smartphone? Follow the below quick steps to unroot Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
- Find the Supersu application and open it.
- Just Tap on “Setting” option.
- Scroll down the screen & tap on “Full Unroot” option.
- All Done!!!
Reboot your device for once and congratulations you have successfully unrooted your Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime.
This is all about how Root Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime and install twrp recover. If you feel any problem, you may ask us by leaving your comment.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.