How To Root Redmi Y1 & Install TWRP Recovery – Redmi Y1
Root Redmi Y1 / Redmi Y1 TWRP Recovery / Redmi Y1 Root File / Unlock Redmi Y1 Bootloader: If you have Redmi Y1 in your hand and now really wish to root Redmi Y1 then you have landed on right place. Here in this root guide we will show you how to root Redmi Y1 and how to install TWRP recovery on Redmi Y1 Smartphone? Redmi Y1 is now going to launch on 8 November, 2017 for Indian market. Redmi Y1 is new exclusive Smartphone of Xiaomi’s Y series. And now, in this guide we will show you, how it’s easy to root Xiaomi Redmi Y1 mobile?
About Xiaomi Y1
Here are quick specifications of Xiaomi Redmi Y1. Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is a 5.5 inch full HD touch screen display. Snapdragon 435 Octa-Core processer, 3GB Ram with 32 Gb ROM and 4 GB RAM With 64 GB ROM is enough to boost it’s performance and speed. In Other hand if you are a selfie lover then it’s 16 megapixel front camera with LED flash may be a perfect choice for you. No need to pay high amount because Redmi Y1 will be available @ ?8,999 Rupees.
Why You Need To Root Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Smartphone?
Basically rooting is an advance android method to customize or modify any android mobile. After root your Redmi Y1, you may modify your Rooted Xiaomi Redmi y1 in your own way. No need to learn extra developer skill. Just root Redmi Y1 and apply different android tricks and tweaks to enjoy root permission required apps and files. Here we are listing some famous android tricks for rooted android mobiles.
- After root, you can install custom ROM on redmi Y1.
- Root allows you to upgrade your exacting android version.
- You can change IMEI number of rooted Redmi Y1 android mobile.
- Root allows users to hide device ID and identification from third part apps.
- You can change device model number, android ID and android version to hide your identity.
- You can unlock hidden features of your rooted device those are locked by manufacturers.
- Improve battery management, mobile performance and speed.
- Root is important for game lovers to unlock all levels.
- Rooting of any device may void phone warranty.
- Wrong process may brick your phone permanently. So follow the root guide carefully.
- Bootloader should be unlock of your phone before rooting.
- Take backup of your phone data.
- Rooting process will wipe all phone data and user data. Charge your phone approx 60%.
- Official Xiaomi Pc Suite English version MIU8 & MIUI 9
- Download Xaiomi Flash Tool
- Bypass MI account verification using MI account unlock tool.
- How to unlock Xiaomi account using pc tool?
- How to boot Xiaomi into EDL mode?
- How to unbrick any Xiaomi android device?
How to Root Redmi Y1 Smartphone?
Now come to the point and let’s see how to root Redmi Y1 without any dead risk? But before that make sure you have enough knowledge about rooting because, one single wrong step may brick your device permanently. Same as, rooting will void your phone warranty. Till now, if you really want to root Redmi Y1 then go head for next step to learn Redmi Y1 rooting method.
In order to root Xiaomi redmi Y1 you have to unlock bootloader of Redmi Y1 then install twrp recovery to flash supersu exploit root file. Follow all the steps from below section.[a] Unlock Redmi Y1 Bootloader [b] Install Twrp recovery on Redmi Y1 [C] Flash Supersu on Redmi Y1 using TWRP recovery
Now read all the below steps one by one and get root access on Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Smartphone.
[a] Unlock Redmi Y1 Bootloader
Bootloader unlocking is the first step to root Redmi Y1. As we all know, most off the Xiaomi devices come with locked bootloader. So, first of all we have to unlock bootloader on Redmi Y1. Bootloader is a security lock for system files and after unlock bootloader on Redmi Y1, we can modify the system files easily.
Now go through the below link to learn how to unlock bootloader of any Xiaomi devices?
Official Method – How to unlock bootloader of Redmi Y1?
[b] Install Twrp recovery on Redmi Y1
Twrp recovery installation is the second step to root Redmi Y1. Twrp recovery allows you to flash supersu exploit [Redmi Y1Root file] on your device but stock recovery never ever allows users to flash these king of files. So follow the below steps to install twrp recovery on Redmi Y1 mobile.
Step01 Download And Installation
- Download and install Minimal ADB fastboot Tool on pc [15 second process]
- Download and install Xiaomi USB Drivers on pc
- Download TWRP recovery for Redmi Y1 / Redmi y1 Lite [rename it as recovery.img]
- SuperSu file to root Redmi y1
Check how to root redmi y1 lite MIUI9
Step02 Enable Usb Debugging On Redmi Y1
- To enable developer option go to your phone setting>> About phone.
- Tab on build number option for 7 times . now you will get the message “you are now a developer”.
- Go back again and enter into the “developer” option.
- Find the “USB debugging” option and enable it.
- Same as you will see the “OEM” option then enable it.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi Y1
At first you have to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi redmi Y1 and then you can flash Supersu file on Redmi Y1 to gain root access.
- First of all, download & Install usb drivers on pc.
- EnableUSB debugging enabled on your device.
- Make sure Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool is installed on pc.
- Now open the Minimal ADB and fastboot tool folder on pc
- Copy the downloaded TWRP recovery and paste it into the adb folder. Don’t forget to rename it as recovery.img
- Go to adb installation directory, click on any blank area in ADB folder and then Press and hold Shift Key +Right click and select “open command window here” as shown in below screenshot.
- Boot Redmi Y1 Into Fatoboot Mode
Here you may use command prompt method or manual method to boot your device into fastboot mode.
Boot Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Into Fastboot Mode By Command
- Connect the phone with pc via USB cable and enter the below command to boot it into fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
Boot Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Into Fastboot Mode Manually
Power off device then press & hold Volume down key + power key together at the same time till you see the Mi bunny mascot on the screen.
- This time type the below command and hit enter button
[Command will show all fastboot attached devices]
- Again type the below command to install twrp recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Y1 and hit enter button
[Command will flash twrp recovery on the device]
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After completing the above process, now type the below command to boot it into recovery mode.
[Command will boot device into newly installed twrp recovery]
fastboot boot recovery.img
- All Done!!! Now you can see newly installed twrp recovery on your Redmi Y1 Smartphone.
[C] Flash Supersu on Redmi Y1 using TWRP recovery
After installation of twrp recovery, now you are ready to root Xiaomi Redmi Y1 by flashing supersu file. Follow the below instructions to get root access on Redmi Y1 mobile.
- Note: Make sure your phone is into twrp recovery mode. If not then boot it manually.
- Select your preferred language from the list and set it according to you and tap on “never Show this screen on boot again” and swipe allow modifications.
- Select “Format date” to format all files data of your device.
- And come back to main menu of TWRP.
- Next, connect the device with pc and move the “SuperSu zip” file into the internal storage of your device.
- From Twrp recovery, tap on “Install” button and browse the “Supersu zip” file and swipe to confirm flash.
- Here it may take couple of minutes to flash supersu file on Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Smartphone.
- That’s it. All done!!!
- Congratulations, you root have rooted Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Nougat successfully.
All set and now you can reboot your device normally. It may take long time to boot into normally after flashing process. So sit back and wait to boot it automatically. It’s best to wait it out for 10 minutes or so.
Other Interesting Posts For Rooted Android phones
- Trick –How to hack Wifi password without root in android phone?
- Root –How to move whatsapp on SD card?
- Root/Without Root – How to change IMEI number?
- Enable OTG support on any android phone
- Android Tweak – How to increase RAM?
- How to increase internal storage?
This is all about “how to root Redmi Y1 without dead risk and how to install twrp recovery on Xiaomi redmi Y1?” Simply follow all the above steps one by one and get root access on Redmi Y1 to enjoy root benefits. After root redmi Y1, you can install custom ROM, can change IMEi number, can change device ID or can unlock redmi Y1 hidden features.
Till now facing any problem to root Xiaomi Redmi Y1 mobile, leave your comment.