Root Redmi 5 & Redmi 5 Plus [ Redmi 5/5 Plus TWRP]
Root Redmi 5 & Redmi 5 Plus [ Redmi 5/5 Plus TWRP] : Here is a complete guide to root Redmi 5 or Root Redmi 5 Plus MIUI9 Smartphone. If you really want to get root access on your own Xiaomi Redmi 5 / 5 Plus then you have landed on right place. Here in this post we will show you how it’s easy to install twrp recovery on Redmi 5 / Redmi 5 plus MIUI9 and how to root Redmi 5 using Supersu or Magisk?
You can consider this root guide for both Redmi 5 & Redmi 5 Plus MIUI 9 phones. Download appropriate TWRP recovery according your own device model and follow the root procedure as it is.
If you are newbie user or rooting is new word for you then you may feel difficult to install twrp recovery and root process. But believe me guys root to any device is very easy if you are using correct root files and procedure. Otherwise, one single wrong step may brick your device permanently. So do it on your own risk.
Make sure you are using all the files [TWRP & Root Files] and procedure from our post only. Don’t try anything given on this page if you are not sure about it. We and our site won’t be held responsible if anything goes wrong in between root process.
Quick Points About Rooting
Rooting is the only solution to get supersu right’s on any android device. So if you are an advance android user, root your device to modify or customize your device in your own way. After root redmi 5 Plus MIUI9 or Redmi 5 MIUI9, you can apply different mods and also can unlock hidden features of your device.
Moreover, after getting root access on Xiaomi Redmi 5/ Redmi 5 plus, user can install custom recovery, Custom ROM, can change IMEI number & device for different android tweaks and tricks.
What You Will Find Here
In this post we are going to share full detail post about……….
- How to unlock Bootloader Of redmi 5 / Redmi 5 plus MIUI 9 Smartphone.
- Easy method to install TWRP recovery on redmi 5 MIUI 9.
- Flash root file to root redmi 5 & Redmi 5 plus MIUI 9 [get root access on redmi 5 Nougat]
SAo now if you are ready to root redmi 5 then read the complete post carefully and after that apply it on your own Redmi 5 or Redmi 5 plus as it is. One wrong step may brick your device permanently. So make sure, you are following the complete procedure correctly.
Bypass Mi Cloud account – This device is associated with an existing Mi Account
How To Unlock Any Xiaomi Phone [Pattern Lock/PIN Lock/ Fingerprint]
Bypass Redmi 4 Mi Account Lock [Locked Bootloader] [EDL Mode]
[Solve] find device storage corrupted your device is unsafe now
Important Points Before Root Redmi 5 Plus / Redmi 5
- Check Bootloader status. It should be unlock. [Unlock Bootloader]
- Bootloader unlocking will void phone warranty.
- Root process will wipe all user data & phone data completely.
- Wrong root file or root process may brick your device. Do it on your own risk.
- Charge device approx 70% to prevent accidental power off in between root process.
- Try to use well working USB cable.
Download Root files & Twrp Recovery For Redmi 5 & Redmi 5 Plus
Mi pc Suite [Drivers]
Twrp Recovery For Redmi 5 Plus
Pre- Requirements To Root & Install Twrp on Redmi 5 & Redmi 5 Plus
Step01 Enable USB debugging & OEM Unlock
- Enable Developer Option– Go to phone Setting >> About Phone >> Tap 7 times on MIUI Version
- Enable OEM & Debugging– Go to phone Setting >> additional Setting >> Enable USB debugging & OEM
USB debugging & OEM must be enabled to flash twrp recovery. It’s a debug mode when USB is connected. Otherwise, pc can’t reconize your device in any how condition.
Step02 Install Minimal adb & fastboot mode
It’s a 15 second process. Go through the below link and install minimal adb & fastboot tool on pc. Adb & fastboot tool is must to execute the twrp installation commands.
Install Minimal adb & fastboot tool
Step03 Redmi 5 USB Drivers
Don’t forget to install Redmi 5a USB divers on pc. Most of the time, it will install automatically when you will connect the device pc. If not, then install Redmi 5 usb drivers manually [Use Mi Pc Suite].
Root Redmi 5 Or Redmi 5 Plus | Redmi 5 TWRP Recovery
Once you are ready with all pre-requirements then go ahead for next step. In order to root Redmi 5 MIUI9, you have to follow these below major steps properly. Let’s see, how to gain root access on Redmi 5 MIUI9 Or Redmi 5 Plus MIUI9 mobile?[a] Unlock Redmi 5 Bootloader. [b] Install TWRP recovery on Redmi 5 MIUI9. [C] Flash Root files Using TWRP Recovery.
[a] Unlock Redmi 5 Bootloader.
As we already told you, bootloader must be unlock on Redmi 5 mobile. Otherwise, you can’t flash twrp recovery in any how condition. So bootloader unloking must be your first step in order to root redmi 5 or Redmi 5 plus Smartphone.
Follow the universal Xiaomi bootloader unlocking guide from here.[b] Install TWRP recovery on Redmi 5 MIUI9
Twrp recovery installation is the second step before root Redmi 5 MIUI9 nougat mobile. Follow the twrp recovery installation process for Redmi 5 Nougat Miui9.
- First of all, download & Install usb drivers on pc.
- Enable USB debugging enabled on your device.
- Make sure Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool is installed on pc.
- Now open the Minimal ADB and fastboot tool folder on pc.
- Copy the downloaded TWRP recovery and paste it into the adb folder. Don’t forget to rename it as recovery.img
- Go to adb installation directory, click on any blank area in ADB folder and then Press and hold Shift Key +Right mouse click and select “open command window here” or “open powershell window here” as shown in below screenshot.
- Boot Redmi 5 or Redmi 5 plus Into Fatoboot Mode
Here you may use command prompt method or manual method to boot your device into fastboot mode.
Boot Xiaomi Into Fastboot Mode By Command
Connect the phone with pc via USB cable and enter the below command to boot it into fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
Boot Xiaomi Into Fastboot Mode Manually
Power off device then press & hold Volume down key + power key together at the same time till you see the Mi bunny mascot on the screen.
- This time type the below command and hit enter button
[Command will show all fastboot attached devices]
- Again type the below command to install twrp recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5 and hit enter button
[Command will flash twrp recovery on the device]
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After completing the above process, now type the below command to boot it into recovery mode.
[Command will boot device into newly installed twrp recovery]
fastboot boot recovery.img
- All Done!!! Now you can see newly installed twrp recovery on your Redmi 5 or Redmi 5 plus MIUI9 Smartphone.
IMPORTANT – When your device will boot into newly installed twrp recovery for the first time, it will ask to “Keep System Read only”. Don’t Allow it. Click on “Keep Read Only” option. Otherwise, your device may stuck on Mi logo.
In other hand, after moving the root files like SuperSu or magisk file, you can allow system modification.
[C] Root Redmi 5 Using SuperSu
After successful installation of twrp recovery, now you are ready to root redmi 5 without pc. No need to use pc to flash redmi 5 root files. Here you may use Supersu root file or Magisk file. Select any one root file and flash using twrp recovery. Be ready to root redmi 5/Redmi 5 plus without pc.
NOTE: SUPERSU file is same for both Xiaomi Redmi 5 & Redmi 5 plus mobile.
Root Redmi 5 Using SuperSu File
- Select your preferred language from the list and set it according to you and tap on “never Show this screen on boot again” and swipe allow modifications.
- Select “Format date” to format all files data of your device.
- And come back to main menu of TWRP.
- Next, connect the device with pc and move the “SuperSu zip” file into the internal storage of your device.
- From Twrp recovery, tap on “Install” button and browse the “Supersu zip” file and swipe to confirm flash.
- Here it may take couple of minutes to flash supersu file on Redmi 5 MIUI9 nougat 7.1 mobile.
- That’s it. All done!!!
- Congratulations, you have rooted Redmi 5 Nougat successfully.
All set and now you can reboot your device normally. It may take long time to boot normally after flashing process. So sit back and wait to boot it automatically.
Root Redmi 5 / Redmi 5 Plus Using Magisk
After installation of twrp recovery, user may use Magisk root app to root their android device. Simply download magisk root app from above download section and flash Magisk using twrp recovery and root Xiaomi Redmi 5 or Redmi 5 plus nougat MIUI9 Smartphone.
Learn how to flash magisk root file [universal method]
- Download Xaiomi Flash Tool
- Bypass MI account verification using MI account unlock tool.
- Unlock Xiaomi account using pc tool?
- Methods to boot Xiaomi into EDL mode?
- Unbrick any Xiaomi android device?
This is all about “how to root Redmi 5 miui 9 without dead risk and how to install twrp recovery on redmi 5 MIUI9?” Simply follow all the above steps as it is and get root access on Redmi 5/Redmi 5 plus to enjoy root benefits. After root redmi 5, you can install custom ROM, can change IMEi number, can change device ID or can unlock redmi 5a hidden features.