Root OnePlus 5T |TWRP Recovery |Root File : Once again we are here with OnePlus 5t root guide. Today we are going to discuss about “How to root OnePlus 5T without dead risk?” Yes, newly launched OnePlus 5t is now ready with official twrp recovery. This official oneplus 5t twrp recovery will help you to flash magisk manger zip file [Oneplus 5t root file]. Moreover, this is easy and safe method to root OnePlus 5t without risk.
If you are an advance android users then Oneplus 5t stock features can’t satisfy you. So just follow the below root guide to get root access on OnePlus 5t nougat 7.1.1 and apply tweaks & tricks and modification. After root OnePlus 5t, you can customize the device in your own way. Without any doubt, oneplus 5t is rich features android Smartphones with super speed & performance.
But, if your device is junked with third part apps, want more space or want to improve speed and performance the device then rooting is the perfect solution. Same as, you can change IMEI number, device ID, android RAM, swap storage etc.
About – How to root and install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5t
Device Name – OnePlus 5t
Os – Android Nougat [ not tested on Oreo version]
Botloader status – Bootloader must be unlock
Stability – Stable without any issue.
Important Points To Root OnePlus 5t Nougat 7.1.1
- Bootloader Must be unlock On OnePlus 5t to root OnePlus 5 v7.1.1 mobile.
- Install twrp recovery on oneplus 5t to flash third party root files.
- Flash supersu or magisk zip file to root OnePlus 5t.[ Magisk installaer recommended for One plus 5t]
- Root will void phone warranty and can’t get it back again.
- OnePlus 5t root process will wipe all user data and phone data completely.
- Wrong step may brick your device pernamently. Root oneplus 5t on your own risk.
Again we are repeating, don’t try to use this method and files on any other device [Only for Oneplus 5t]. First unlock bootloader then flash official twrp recovery and in the last, flash magisk file using twrp recovery.
For more help, read how to use and install magisk root file using twrp recovery?
Download OnePlus 5t Official TWRP Recovery & Root Files
How To Root OnePlus 5T |TWRP Recovery
First off all download all files and step on your pc with necessary files.
Step01 Prepration To Root OnePlus 5 v7.1.1
- Charge your device approx 70%.
- Working USB cable.
Step02 Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock
- To enable developer option go to your phone setting>> About phone.
- Tab on build number option for 7 times. Now you will get the on screen message “you are now a developer”.
- Go back again and enter into the “Developer” option.
- Find the “USB debugging” option and enable it.
- Same as you will see the “OEM” option then enable it.
- Enable “Advance Reboot” option for quick reboot to bootloader.
[a]Unlock OnePlus 5t Bootloader
As we already told you, bootloader must be unlock on Oneplus 5t. Otherwise you can apply modification the device.
Read the post to unlock OnePlus 5t bootloader.
[b] Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 5t
TWRP recovery installation is the second major step to flash the root files. Stock recovery never allows you to flash these types of root files [Magisk or Supersu]
- Make sure you have installed the “minimal adb and fastboot tool” on pc.
- Download & install “OnePlus 5t” usb drivers. [If required]
- open the adb folder [ C:/ drive >> ADB folder]
- Copy the downloaded OnePlus 5t TWRP recovery file and paste it into the adb folder as shown in screenshot [Don’t forget to rename twrp file as recovery.img]
- Click anywhere in the adb folder and press & hold “Shift” key + right mouse key and select “open command window here” option.
- Connect the device with pc via USB cable and type the below command & hit enter button.
command will boot your OnePlus 5t into bootloader mode or fastboot mode]
adb reboot bootloader
- Next type the below commend to check if your device is properly connected with pc in fastboot mode or not?
[commend will show you the connected devices]
- Again type the below command and hit enter to flash twrp recovery on OnePlus 5t.
[command will flash twrp recovery file on your device]
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Here it will take few seconds to install twrp recovery on OnePlus 5t nougat mobile .
- after completing the process just type the below command to reboot your device automatically.
- All Done!!! Twrp recovery should be installed on your oneplus 5t.
Check Newly Installed TWRP Recovery
- Now power off your device properly.
- Boot OnePlus 5t into TWRP recovery manually. [Press & Hold volume up + power key together at the same time and select Recovery mode]
- Now your oneplus 5t will reboot into TWRP recovery, which you flashed on your device.
IMPORTANT – At first time boot, Newly installed twrp recovery will ask to allow modification. Just swipe the button to allow modification on system.
[C] Flash Magisk & Root OnePlus 5t
Hope you have suceessfuly installed twrp recovery. Now flash “magisk” or “Supersu” file using twrp recovery. Here we are going to flash “Magisk root file” with the help of twrp recovery.
- Download “magisk” file from above download link and copy it into insternal storage of the device.
- Boot OnePlus 5t into twrp recovery [Skip the step, if already into twrp recovery]
- Once you are into twrp recovery, click on “Install” option and browse the “magisk zip file” from the mobile storage.
- Select the correct file and flash it.
- Magisk file flashing will take few minutes to complete the process.
- After completing the process and go back to main menu and select the “reboot” option to reboot the device again.
- Wait to reboot the device for once.
- Till now the device is not rooted, copy the Magisk manger apk from download section and install it on your device.
- All done!!! You have successfully rooted OnePlus 5t android nougat 7.1.1 mobile.
Check Root Status On OnePlus 5t
If you followed the complete steps properly then your oneplus 5t should be rooted.But if you want to check root status then download and install “Root Checker “ app on your device and launch the app to know the root result.
We hope this OnePlus 5t root guide will help you to get full root access on your own oneplus 5t mobile. Remember this root process is not tested for Oneplus 5t ORO version. If you have updated the Oneplus 5t on latest android oreo v8.x.x then you may check yourself.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.