Do you want to root Lenovo Z2 Plus or Zuk Z2 mobile to install new custom recovery. If yes, then you have landed on right place. This Lenovo Z2 plus root guide will help you to install twrp recovery on Lenovo Z2 Plus / ZUK Z2 Mobile. After twrp installation, can flash root file to get root access on Lenovo Z2 Plus marshmallow or nougat version. Follow the tutorial “how to root Lenovo Z2 Plus or ZUK Z2 and how to install twrp recovery on Lenovo Z2 Plus?” It’s a 100% working and tested Lenovo Z2 Plus root guide with all root files and twrp custom recovery.
If you are an advance android users then Lenovo Z2 Plus stock features can’t satisfy you. So just follow the below root guide to get root access on Lenovo Z2 Plus or ZUK Z2 nougat or marshmallow and apply tweaks & tricks and modification. After root Lenovo Z2 Plus, you can customize the device in your own way. Without any doubt, Lenovo ZUK Z2 is rich features android Smartphones with super speed & performance.
But, if your device is junked with third part apps, want more space or want to improve speed and performance then rooting is the perfect solution. Same as, you can change IMEI number, device ID, android RAM, swap storage etc.
About – How to root and install TWRP recovery on Lenovo Z2 plus
Device Name – Lenovo Z2 plus or Lenovo ZUK Z2
Os – Android Marshmallow or Android Nougat
Botloader status – Bootloader must be unlock
Stability – Stable without any issue.
Important Points To Root Lenovo Z2 plus
- Bootloader Must be unlock on Lenovo Z2 plus to root Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus or Z2 plus mobile.
- Install twrp recovery on Lenovo Z2 plus to flash third party root files.
- Flash supersu or magisk zip file to root Lenovo Z2 plusRoot will void phone warranty and can’t get it back again.
- Lenovo Z2 plus root process will wipe all user data and phone data completely.
- Wrong step may brick your device permanently. Root Lenovo Z2 plus on your own risk.
Again we are repeating, don’t try to use this method and files on any other device [Only for Lenovo Z2 plus or ZUK Z2]. First unlock bootloader then flash official twrp recovery and in the last, flash magisk or supersu file using twrp recovery.
For more help, read how to use and install magisk root file using twrp recovery?
Benefits To Root Lenovo ZUK Z2 [ Lenovo Z2 Plus
- After root, can install custom ROM to upgrade android version and add-on features.
- Increase performance of the rooted device by changing kernel and overclocking.
- Remove pre-installed apps to increase android RAM.
- Boost-up android speed and performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using greenfly etc.
- Apply android tweaks and tricks to enable hidden features.
- Upgrade android version using custom ROM.[/su_spoiler]
Download Lenovo Z2 Plus root Files & TWRP Recovery
TWRp for Lenovo Z2 plus Download
Lenovo Z2 Plus Root File [Supersu] Download
Gapps For ZUK Z2 Download Download
Pre-Requirements To root Lenovo Z2 Plus
- Charge your device at least 70%.
- Unlock Bootloader before going to start root process. [MUST]
- Root process will wipe all user data and phone data like pictures, messages, contacts, apps and videos etc.
- Enable USB debuggin & OEM Unlock. [MUST]
- Install ZUK Z2 drivers if required.
How To Root Lenovo Z2 Plus & Install TWRP Recovery
So, if all pre-requirements are completed properly then go ahead for next step to root Lenovo Z2 plus marshmallow or nougat version. In order to root Lenovo Z2 plus or ZUK Z2, you have to follow the following steps as it is. Make sure you are applying the root procedureeeee as it is listed in this root guide. One single wrong step or root file may brick your device permanently.[a] Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Z2 plus or ZUK Z2 [b] Install TWRP recovery on lenovo Z2 plus [C] Flash Supersu & root Lenovo Z2 plus
[a] Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Z2 plus or ZUK Z2
Bootloader unlocking process is the first step in order to root Lenovo z2 plus Smartphone. Without unlocking bootloader, you can’t flash custom recovery like CWM or TWRP. So bootloader unlocking is necessary and important step to get root access on Lenovo ZUK Z2 mobile.
Go through the below link and learn “how to to unlock bootloader on Lenovo z2 plus mobile?”
[b] Install TWRP recovery on lenovo Z2 plus
Once bootloader unlocked, flash twrp recovery on Lenovo Z2 plus. TWRP custom recovery allows users to flash third party firmware and flashable zip files. So twrp recovery must be install on your device to flash supersu root files. Default stock recovery can’t perform all these types of tasks.
Steps to install twrp recovery on Lenovo Z2 plus
- Go to adb folder, after “minimal adb & fastboot tool” installation. [My Computer >> C Drive >> ADB Folder]
- Copy the downloaded “z2-TWRP.img” file, rename it as “recovery.img” and paste it into adb folder.
- Click anywhere in the adb folder, press & Hold “Shift” key + “right Mouse key” , select “open command window here” option as shown below.
- Connect the device with pc via USB cable and type the below command & hit enter button.
[ command will boot your Lenovo z2 plus into bootloader mode or fastboot mode]
adb reboot bootloader
- Again type the below command and hit enter to flash twrp recovery on Lenovo Z2 plus.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
[command will flash twrp recovery file on your device]
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash recovery recovery.img
- If you want temporary twrp recovery, just to flash root file useing below command.
fastboot -i 0x2b4c boot recovery.img
- Here it will take few seconds to install twrp recovery on lenovo ZUK z2 mobile .
- After completing the process, just type the below command to reboot your device automatically.
[command will reboot your device in normal mode]
fastboot -i 0x2b4c reboot
Easy method to exit from fastboot mode – Exit from fastboot mode
- All Done!!! Twrp recovery should be installed on your Lenovo z2 plus or ZUK z2.
[C] Flash Supersu & root Lenovo Z2 plus
Supersu flashing is the final step to root Lenovo Z2 plus mobile. TWRP recovery is the only method to flash supersu file to gain root access on any device. Simply boot the device into newly installed custom recovery [TWRP] and flash supersu file by following the below instructions.
You may use “magisk” root file to root Lenovo ZUK Z2 plus mobile.
- First of all, copy the downloaded Supersu file from pc and paste it into internal storage of the device.
- Power off the device properly.
- Next, boot it into twrp recovery.
Boot Lenovo Z2 plus into recovery mode by hardware keys[Volume up + Down + Power key togather at the same time, release power key & volume up key after vibration and hold only power key]
Boot Lenovo Z2 plus into recovery mode use adb command
- Enable usb debugging, skip the step if already enabled.
- Issue the below adb command and hit enter.
adb reboot recovery
- Once into twrp recovery, click on “Backup” to take complete backup of your device including Stock ROM.
- Go back after backup, select “Install” option and browse supersu zip file and swipe to flash.
- Supersu flashing will take few minutes to complete the process.
- Click on Reboot system and restart the device normally.
- Done!!! Successfully rooted your Lenovo Z2 plus Smartphone.
Check Root Status On OnePlus 5t
If you followed the complete steps properly then your Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus should be rooted. But if you want to check root status then download and install “Root Checker “ app on your device and launch the app to know the root result.
This is all about “how to root Lenovo ZUK Z2 plus and how to install twrp recovery on Lenovo Z2 plus mobile safely?” if you are trying to root Lenovo Z2 Plus without pc, no lock! Don’t waste your precious time, you can’ root Root Lenovo Z2 Plus without pc in any how condition.
Other Interesting Topics
- Bypass Samsung frp lock using pc tool
- Remove factory reset protection on any moto device
- Enable usb debugging without access phone setting.
- Universal method to flash twrp recovery on any android
- Unlock OnePlus 5t bootloader
- Root OnePlus 5t without dead risk
After root Lenovo Z2 plus or Lenovo ZUK Z2, you can flash other custom rom using twrp recovery. Flash Z2 plus supported custom rom to enjoy latest android features. In other hand, you may increase speed and performance of your device by applying the android tweaks and tricks.
If you got bricked your device in any movement go through the link to learn how to flash Lenovo Z2 plus?
Till now getting any problem to root Lenovo Z2 plus, please feel free to ask us.