Detail Guide To Install Active Directory Users and Computers Windows 10 & 8
Here is a quick and working tutorial to enable Active Directory in windows 10 & Windows 8 PCs. But before going to jump into the solution, it’s necessary to know that this is limited for Windows 10 Professional and windows Enterprise OS. Otherwise, you will see “This update does not qualify for your computer.” message at the time of ADUC installation.
Actually, Microsoft Active Directory is an essential tool to manage computers and other devices on a server network. Just because Active Directory doesn’t come as a pre-installed app in a package, you have to download it manually. Microsoft officially provides the tool online and users can install the tool according to the version of Windows 10. After that you need to install and activate it on your pc by following the instructions below.
READ MORE ;
How do I get Active Directory Windows 10 & Windows 8?
If you are here on this tutorial after searching for “how to activate Directory Users and Computers in w10 & w10” that means you have already looked for ADUC in your PC. Just because ADUC is not a default feature of Windows OS, you will not get it in your pc.
PLEASE NOTE: Many things have been changed and now in the latest version of Windows PC ADUC (Active Directory Users and Computers) is part of an administrative suite of tools called “Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT)”. Because of this modification, you need to install RSAT to access ADUC on your laptop / computer.
How To Install Active Directory Users and Computers Windows 10 & Windows 8
As we already said, It’s not part of the default installation and supports the special edition of windows OS. So, installation processes are also different for different OS versions.
(A) Install Activate ADUC In Windows 10 Version 1809 and Above
After the new update of Windows 10 1809, now RSAT is available as a feature and we can’t install it using the installer from Microsoft. Follow the exact same instructions to enable Active Directory in windows 10 version 1809 and above.
- Come to your pc and Right-click the Start button and select the “Settings” option >>> open “Apps” option.
- Next, click on the “Manage optional features” >>> and then click the “Add feature” from next window.
- Now find the “RSAT: Active Directory Domain Services and Lightweight Directory Tools” option from the list and click on it for selection. Next, hit the ‘Install” button to install it on pc.
- Wait for successful installation and after that you can see the “Windows Administrative Tools” new menu item in the start menu.
These are simple and working steps to install and activate directory users and computers Windows 10 pc. In Windows 10 1809 and above versions, enable ADUC (Active Directory Users and Computers) as On-Demand feature.
(B) Activate ADUC for Windows 8 & Windows 10 Version 1803 and Below
This section is only for those users who want to activate ADUC in windows 8 pc or windows 10 1803 or lower versions. If you are not using windows 10 Professional or Enterprise OS then you have to download ADUC separately.
- Download and install Microsoft Remote Server Administrator Tools according to the version of your windows OS.
- For Windows 8 and older versions of Windows 10, click the “Start” button and select “Control Panel” from list >>> “Programs” >>> select the “Programs and Features” >>> “Turn Windows features ON or off”.
- Scroll down the list and Click the ‘+’ icon to expand the “Remote Server Administration Tools” section.
- Again, expand the “Role Administration Tools”.
- Next, expand “AD DS” and “AD LDS Tools”.
- Check mark on “AD DS Tools”, then your PC will start installing some files and after installing select “OK”.
- Click the “restart now’ button to apply the new modification in Microsoft windows OS.
- After successful installation, you will see a folder for “Administrative Tools” on the Start menu. Now you can select the “Active Directory tools’ from here. For the newer version of windows 10, get it by typing “Active Directory’ and it should show up in front of you.
In this way, users can install Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) In Windows 8 & Windows 10 Version 1803 and below.
Fix RSAT Installation Issues – Troubleshooting
If you are issued to install and run RSAT in windows 10 or windows 8 then it may be due to disabled firewall or it’s not pointing to the %SystemRoot%\system32\dsa.msc directory.
Actually, RSAT uses the Windows Update backend and needs Windows Firewall enabled. So, enable the firewall to fix RSAT installation errors. Till now if the issue is the same, right click on ADUC in the Start menu and verify the shortcut is pointing to %SystemRoot%\system32\dsa.msc. If not then uninstall and reinstall it again.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.