If you are looking to install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5, then you are on right place. Here in this post we will show you “how to install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5 without root?”Just read the full detail guide to flash twrp recovery on non rooted oneplus 5.
Oneplus 5 launched in June, 2017 with 5.5 inch touch screen display with 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. OnePlus 5 is latest flagship android phone with latest and great features. If we talk about its performance then we can see OnePlus 5 comes with Snapdragon 835 Octa-core processor with 8 GB RAM .which is enough to boost up its performance.
But if you are an advance android user, then no one can’t stop your desire. Just install twrp recovery on oneplus 5 to gat root access and then customise your rooted OnePlus 5 in your own way. TWRP flashing is must to root oneplus 5.
OnePlus is a Shenzhen-based start-up and producer of smartphones founded in December, 2013. The company’s claim to fame is its bid to offer flagship-level specs in its smartphones, at affordable prices. OnePlus initially sold its smartphones only through an invite system where customers would be sent an invite to purchase smartphones and they had to make the purchase within a fixed time frame. Of late the company has held open sales of its smartphones too.
Now come to the topic, so if you already bought this device and now want to root OnePlus 5 then you need to know that you have to install custom recovery on OnePlus 5 before root. But in order to root your oneplus5 you have to unlock bootloader first then you can flash TWRP recovery and after flashing twrp recovery on OnePlus 5, you can follow the root process.
Now let’s start the TWRP recovery flashing on OnePlus 5……
Again we are repeating, In order to flash twrp recovery on OnePlus 5, you have to unlocking bootloader of OnePlus 5.So unlock bootloader first and then install twrp recovery on OnePlus 5.
if you don’t know how to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 5 then read our full detail post from the below link.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 5 Without Root
Step01 Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 5 [ bootloader should be unlock to install twrp recovery on OnePlus 5]
Step02 Downloads & Setup
- Download OnePlus 5 TWRP recovery [For Oreo] / OnePlus 5 twrp on your pc.
- Now rename the downloaded oneplus 5 twrp recovery file as “recovery.img” and don’t extract it.
- Download and install Minimal adb & fastboot tool on pc from here [ ignore if already installed on your pc]
Step03 Enable USB debugging & OEM unlock On OnePlus 5
- To enable developer option go to your phone setting>> About phone.
- Tab on build number option for 7 times .now you will get the message “you are now a developer”.
- Go back again and enter into the “developer” option.
- Now find the “USB debugging” option and enable it.
- Same as you will see the “OEM” option then enable it.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 5
- Now open the adb folder [ C:/ drive >> ADB folder]
- Copy the downloaded OnePlus 5 TWRP recovery file and paste it into the adb folder as shown in screenshot.
- Now click anywhere in the adb folder and press & hold “Shift” key + right mouse key and select “open command window here” option.
- Now connect your OnePlus 5 with pc via USB cable and type the below command & hit enter button.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now type the below commend to check if your device is properly connected with pc in fastboot mode or not?
- Now again type the below command and hit enter to flash twrp recovery on OnePlus 5.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now it will take few seconds to install twrp recovery on OnePlus 5 .
- after completing the process just type the below command to reboot your device automatically.
- All Done!!! Twrp recovery should be installed on your oneplus 5.
- Now power off your device properly.
- Boot OnePlus 5 into TWRP recovery manually.
- Now your oneplus 5 will reboot into TWRP recovery, which you flashed on your device.
This is all about how to install twrp recovery on oneplus 5 without root. fastboot method is the easiest method to flash twrp recovery on non rooted oneplus 5.after flashing the twrp recovery now you are ready to root oneplus 5 by flashing supersu zip file. If you want to root oneplus 5 then follow the link here.
If you want you can follow us on our YouTube Channel [New Information Era] for more interesting videos & updates .
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.