Last updated on April 21st, 2018 at 03:21 am
In order to flash custom recovery and root , you have to unlock BootLoader on OnePlus 5. Otherwise you can’t flash recovery and root your oneplus 5.May be you know or may be not but bootloader should be unlock on OnePlus 5 to install twrp recovery and root your onePlus 5.Without unlocking bootloader you can’t flash custom recovery files on oneplus 5 and also cant modify your android phone.
Let’s see “how to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 5 safely”.
UNLOCK BootLoader ONEPLUS 5 Safely To Root OnePlus 5 – Video
How To Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus 5
Step01 Pre- Requirements
- Charge your device aprox 60%.
- Take backup of your data, if anything goes wrong you may restore it again.
- USB cable to attach your device with pc.
Step02 Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock
- To enable developer option go to your phone setting>> About phone.
- Tab on build number option for 7 times .now you will get the message “you are now a developer”.
- Go back again and enter into the “developer” option.
- Now find the “USB debugging” option and enable it.
- Same as you will see the “OEM” option then enable it.
Step03 Minimal adb & fastboot tool setup.
- Download and install minimal adb & fastboot tool on pc. [ Adb setup is must]
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus 5
- Now attach your onePlus 5 with pc via USB cable.[Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your device]
- Open “adb folder” on your pc. Adb folder location [ C:/ >adb folder]
- Click anywhere in adb folder and press & hold “Shift” key + right mouse key and select “open command window here” option. Now command window will be open in front of you.
- Type below command and hit enter button to boot oneplus 5 into fastboot mode / bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now type the below commend to check if your device is properly connected with pc in fastboot mode or not?
- Now again type the below command and hit enter button to unlock bootloader of OnePlus 5
fastboot oem unlock
- Now your device will ask for permission, use volume up and down key to select “yes” option and press “Power” key for Ok.
- All done!!! Now bootloader will be unlock on your OnePlus 5 and it will wipe or erase all user data and phone data of your device.
- Now phone will be reboot automatically and bootloaded unlocked on Oneplus 5 successfully.
if you are unable to boot automatically then reboot it normally.
This is all about how to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 5 safely.now you can root OnePlus 5 ,can install custom ROMs , can install twrp recovery on oneplus 5 etc and also can customize unlocked OnePlus 5.
If you want you can follow us on our YouTube Channel [New Information Era] for more interesting videos & updates .
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.