If you are thinking to root your Xiaomi Mi Max 2 mobile then you have to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi Max 2 first. After unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi Max 2 you can easily install TWRP recovery to flash supersu file. By unlocing Xiaomi Mi Max 2 bootloader you can unlock system files of your device for more customization. So now just follow the below guide and unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Smartphone safely.First of all follow the guide on How to unlock bootloader in Xiaomi Mi Max 2 mobile? Remember one thing his tutorial is only and only for Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Smartphone. So don’t try this method on any other device otherwise it may brick your device permanently. Unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi Max 2 may void your phone warranty so do it on your own risk.
About – Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Device – Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Nougat 7.1.1
Working Status – 100% Stable without any issue
Data loss – Complete data wipe
Status – Stable without any risk
- How to downgrade MIUI9 to MIUI 8 – Universal Method
- How to unbrick any Xiaomi Smartphone – Universal Method
- How to flash MIUI fastboot ROM on any Xiaomi – Universal Method
- How to unlock Bootloader of any Xiaomi device – Universal Method
Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Download and install Xiaomi USB Drivers on pc.
- Download “Mi Flash Unlock” tool on pc.
- Create “Mi account” [ Mi Account is must]
- Your mobile number [ we will use it to get verification code]
- Working USB cable.
- Internet on pc.
Step02 Enable OEM & USB Debugging Mode
Go to phone Setting >>Additional Setting >> Developer Option >>Enable OEM Unlocking>>Enable USB debugging
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- At first create Mi account on your device if you have not created it yet.
- Now open downloaded “Mi Flash Unlock” tool on pc and launch “MiFlashUnlock.exe” setup.
- Now you will see some term & conditions, click on “Agree’ button to continue the process.
- Now you will see the below screen, it will ask you to enter your MI account which you are using on your Xiaomi Mi Max 2 or any Xiaomi device.
- Now it will check if your device is allowed to unlock bootloader or not!!!!
- Here you can see it will tell you, “Your device isn’t supported by Mi Unlock” to unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi device. Just ignore the message and click on “GO” button for the next step.
- Now you will redirect to official Mi site, now click on “UNLOCK” button.
- Now fill all the detail carefully like Phone number and reason – why do you want to unlock bootloader of your device? In the last click on “Apply Now” button to submit your bootloader unlocking request.
- Now it will ask for unique verification code which you received on your phone number. Just enter the correct verification code here.
- Now you can see a successful message on your pc screen.
- Now you have to wait for confirmation message. Xiaomi authority will review your request .once they approved, you will get confirmation message on your registered number [Sometimes confirmation message can take long time to receive]
Confirmation code will be something like this as shown in screenshot
NOTE : Once you receive the verification code, go to phone Setting >>Additional Setting >> Developer Option >>Enable OEM Unlocking>>Enable USB debugging
- Now Power off your device and boot into fastboot mode [Press & Hold Volume Down + Power Key together at the same time for few seconds]
- Now connect your device with pc via USB cable [Make sure your device already into Fastboot mode]
- Now again launch the “MiFlashUnlock.exe” setup and click on “Agree” button.
- Now enter the same Mi account to continue the next step.
- Again it will check your device permission. But this time your device will be detect by Mi Unlock tool. Once Mi flash unlock tool detect your device hit on “Unlock” button.
- Xiaomi bootloader unlocking processes will be start and wait to complete the process bar. So after completing the process you can see successful message “UNLOCKED SUCCESSFULLY” as a result.
- All Done!!!
This is all about how to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi Max 2 devices or Smartphone. The above guide is 100% tested & working. By following all the above steps you can unlock Xiaomi mi max 2 bootloader easily.
So till now if you get any error during the process or bootloader unlocking process stuck at 99% then follow the link for troubleshoot.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.