Root Samsung Galaxy J1 Prime SM-J106F & Install TWRP [Marshmallow]
Good news for Samsung Galaxy J1 Prime SM-J106F marshmallow 6.0.1 android phone users. Stable and working TWRP recovery has been released for Samsung Galaxy SM-J106F J1 mobiles. If you have Samsung Galaxy J1 Prime SM-J106F with marshmallow 6.0.x then you can root Samsung Galaxy J1 Prime SM-j106F easily using twrp recovery.
Simply flash twrp recovery on Samsung Galaxy J1 Prime SM-J106F and then install Supersu exploit or Magisk root file from twrp recovery.
Here in this post we will explain each and everything about the Samsung Galaxy J1 Prime SM-J106F rooting procedure. So you may apply the procedure on your on device without any issue.
Why You Need To Root Samsung Galaxy J1 Prime SM-J106F
As we already told you it’s a 100% working and tested root method for Samsung Galaxy J1 Prime SM-J106F mobile. But before root your Samsung Galaxy J1 Prime, it’s must to know that is it necessary to root Samsung Galaxy J1 Prime SM-J106F or not?
So answer is yes!!! But totally depends on you. If you think your device is junked with unwanted third party apps and consuming precious RAM and battery then it’s a good idea to remove all pre-installed apps to boost your phone performance and speed. It can be possible only and only after root your device.
Moreover, after root Samsung Galaxy J1 Prime SM-J106F marshmallow you can flash custom rom to experience new UI and android features. You can change or repair IMEI number & device ID for different android tweaks and tricks.
If you are an advance android user then root your device and apply different mods and customization in your own way. These are some basic reasons to root any device.
In other hand, one wrong step may brick your device permanently, so do it on your on risk.
Warning: Rooting may void phone warranty and you can’t get it back again. Sometimes rooting may brick your device permanently. So make sure, you have enough knowledge about rooting. We and our site will not be responsible if anything goes wrong with your device.
- Samsung Galaxy J1 Prime SM-J106F Spain (AMO)
- Poland (PLUS) (PLS)
- Egypt (EGY)
- Germany (DBT)
- Baltic (SEB)
- Switzerland (AUT)
- Slovakia (ORX)
- France (XEF)
- Switzerland (AUT) and All Other Models.
- Luxembourg (LUX)
- Hungary (XEH)
- Luxembourg (LUX)
- Italy (ITV)
- Iran (THR)
- Spain (PHE)
Download Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-106F TWRP, Drivers & Root Files
Flash Tool [ODIN]
Pre-Requirements TO Root Samsung Galaxy J1 Marshmallow
- Confirm your device model name and number. This post is only and only for Samsung J1 Prime SM-J106F 6.0.1 mobile.
- Charge your device approx. 60% to prevent accidental power off in between rooting process.
- Process will wipe all user data and phone data completely. Backup is must.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy J1 Prime SM-J106F & Install TWRP Recovery
In order to root Samsung J1 Prime SM-J106F smartphone you have to follow the below two steps as it is. First you need to install twrp recovery on Samsung Galaxy J1 Prime SM-J106F mobile and after installation of custom recovery you can flash Supersu or magisk to root your device.
[a] Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy J1 Prime SM-J106F
TWRP recovery installation must be your first step. It will replace your default stock recovery with custom twrp recovery. TWRP recovery will help you to flash supersu or magisk zip files which are not possible to flash with stock recovery.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on windows pc.
- Place Samsung J1 Prime SM-j106F twrp recovery file on desktop. [.tar file]
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock on your device.
- Switch off device properly.
- Boot Samsung J1 Prime SM-106f into download mode.
- Plug device with pc via USB cable into download mode.
- Run ODIN.exe file as administrator and launch it on pc.
- If the device connected with pc properly, it will show “added” in odin tool window.
- Now click on “AP” or “PDA” and browse Samsung J1 Prime SM-106F twrp [.tar] file.
- Navigate to “Option” tab and configure odin tool as shown below.[make sure re-partition not tick marked]
- Finally hit on “Start” button to start twrp flashing process.
- Just in few second you will see green “PASS” message on the screen and phone will reboot automatically.
- All done!!!
How to boot Samsung Into TWRP Recovery – Power off device, press & hold volume up + Home + power key together at the same time and device will boot into newly installed twrp recovery.
At first boot it will ask “swipe to allow modification” or “keep read only”. Select “Keep read only” option if you want to root your device only.
Root Samsung J1 Prime SM-106F Using Supersu or Magisk
Now you have two choices to root Samsung J1 Prime SM-106f using Supersu exploit or you may try magisk file.
Install Supersu on Samsung J1 Prime SM-106F & Root
If you want to root Samsung J1 Prime SM-106F using Supersu then install supersu with twrp recovery and it will root Samsung J1 Prime SM-106f safely.
- Connect device with pc and transfer downloaded supersu zip file to external storage of the device.
- Click on “Install” option >> “Select Storage” >> browse supersu exploit and swipe to flash.
- Supersu flashing may take few minutes to flash.
- Select “wipe cache/delvik” >> reboot >> Do not install option.
Congratulations !!! You have successfully rooted Samsung J1 Prime SM-106f marshmallow mobile using USpersu.
Install Magisk on Samsung J1 Prime SM-106F & Root
Magisk installation is one of the most popular rooting methods now a day. Here you can flash magisk file to root Install Supersu on Samsung J1 Prime SM-106F.
Follow the below guide to learn “how to flash magisk file to root any android phones?”
Check Root Status
After completing the process it’s must to know that device is properly rooted or not. For this download and install “ROOT CHECKER” app from Google play store and verify root access. If it’s showing “congratulations, you have full root access on the device” that means you have rooted your phone properly.
Quick Steps To Install TWRP & Root Procedure
- Enable usb debugging & oem unlock.
- Boot device into download mode or Odin mode.
- Flash custom recovery using Odin flash tool.
- Flash Supersu or magisk file to get root asscess.
- Check root status using root checker app.
After rooting your Samsung device now you are free to customize or modify your device as a android developer.