Today we will discuss about “How to root Huawei P10 Plus EMUI 5.1” and “how to install TWRP recovery on Huawei P10 Plus EMUI 5.1 Smartphone?” If you are a Huwaei P10 plus mobile user and want to use your android device with full potential then root Huawei P10 Plus EMUI 5.1 to add more modes and customizations. Rooting your device is the best option, if you really want to customiaze your Huawei P10 Plus in your own way.
A Quick note before start, first of all you have to unlock bootloder and then install twrp recovery on Huawei P10 Plus EMUI 5.1 mobile. TWRP recovery allows flashing latest supersu exploit root package on your device. Because, default stock recovery never allows you to flash these type of zip files and firmware.
Just root Huawei P10 Plus EMUI 5.1 by following this root guide and get full admin rights and system access to make changes on your rooted Huawei P10 Plus Smartphone.
Huawei P10 Plus Dual SIM 128GB VKY-L29 Black Smartphone was released in February, 2017. Hisilicon Kirin 960 chipset, Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53) CPU, 128 GB ROM and 6 GB RAM is enugh to boost it’s performance and speed. Fingerprint sensor and Li-Ion battery with 3750 mAh capacity is another brilliant feature to make it more reliable for Smartphone lovers.
About – How to root Huawei P10 Plus / How to install TWRP recovery on Huawei P10 Plus
Device name – Huawei P10 Plus [All Variant]
Method – Unofficial [XDA Huawei P10 Plus root method]
- Unlock Huawei bootloader safely
- Learn How To Flash OTA Firmware On Huawei Devices Manually
- How To Open Project Menu On Huawei Device- Huawei Code
- Unlock Bootloader Nexus 6P – [Google/Huawei Nexus 6P]
Root Huawei P10 Plus And Install TWRP Recovery
In order to root Huawei P10 Plus you have to follow these below three steps one by one. And after that you can get full root access on Huawei P10 Plus EMUI 5.1 Smartphone.
Now let’s start Huawei P10 Plus root process.[a] First off all, Unlock bootloader on Huawei P10 Plus EMUI 5.1 [b] Second, Install TWRP recovery on Huawei P10 Plus EMUI 5.1 [C] In last, Flash supersu root file using twrp recovery.
[a] Unlock bootloader on Huawei P10 Plus EMUI 5.1
Before root Huawei P10 Plus, you have to unlock bootloader of Huawei P10 Plus Smartphone. Bootloaders unlocking is the first step to root Huawei P10 Plus mobile. Unlock bootloader allows user to modify the system files of android phone. So bootloader must be unlock on Huawei P10 Plus mobile.
[b] Install TWRP recovery on Huawei P10 Plus EMUI 5.1
TWRP recovery installation is the second process, in order to root Huawei P10 Plus Smartphone. Just install twrp recovery on Huawei P10 Plus and then flash superssu root file to root Huawei P10 Plus Nougat mobile. You can’t flash supersu root file using default recovery. So install twrp recovery by following the below steps.
- Charge your device aprox 70%
- Take backup of your device data like messages, contacts, photos and documents etc.
- Working usb cable.
Step02 Enable Usb Debugging On Huawei P10 Plus
- To enable developer option go to your phone setting>> About phone.
- Tab on build number option for 7 times . Now you will get the message “you are now a developer”.
- Go back again, and enter into the “developer”
- Now find the “USB debugging” option and enable it.
- Same as you will see the “OEM” option then enable it.
Step03 Download And Installation
|Download and install Minimal ADB fastboot Tool||Download|
|Download and install Huawei USB Drivers on pc||Download|
|Download TWRP recovery for Huawei P10 plus||Download|
|Download Supersu root file for Huawei P10 Plus|
Steps to install TWRP recovery on Huawei P10 Plus
- Make sure usb drivers are installed on pc.
- Confirm, USB debugging enabled on your device.
- Make sure Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool is installed on pc.
- Now open the Minimal ADB and fastboot tool folder on pc
- Download the TWRP file from above link and place it into the adb folder where ADB installed and rename it as Reovery.img
- Now, click on any blank area in ADB folder and then Press and hold Shift Key +Right click and select “open command window here” as shown below screenshot.
- Next, connect the device with pc via USB cable.
- Once device connected with pc, boot it into fastboot mode by following command
adb reboot bootloader
Or you may boot Huawei p10 plus into fastboot mode manually by press & hold Volume up key + power key together at the same time.
- Now again type the below command and hit enter button
[Command will show all attached fastboot devices]
- Once it will boot into bootloader mode, enter the below command again
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now here it may take few seconds to flash custom twrp recovery on Huawei P10 Plus.
- All Done!!! You have successfully installed twrp recovery on Huawei P10 plus EMUI 5.1 Smartphone.
- After completing the above process, now type the below command to boot it into recovery mode.
fastboot boot recovery.img[Command will boot your device into newly installed TWRP recovery]
- Now your device will boot into newly installed twrp recovery.
[C] Flash supersu root file using twrp recovery
After successful installation of twrp recovery, now it’s the time to flash supersu root file to root Huawei P10 Plus mobile.
- Download Supersu root file for Huawei P10 Plus on your pc.
- Connect device with pc via USB cable and move the downloaded supersu root file into the internal storage of your device. [Without any folder]
- Once again Boot device into twrp recovery mode.
- Your device should be into twrp recovery.
- From twrp recovery, click on “Install” option and browse the supersu file which one you placed into the internal storage of your device.
- Now Swipe the to confirm flash and wait to complete the process.
- Supersu flashing process will take few minutes to complete and then click on “Reboot” option to boot device into normal mode.
- Here it may take long time to boot up into normal mode. So sit back and don’t be panic.
- All Done!!! You have successfully root Huawei P10 Plus EMUI 5.1 smartphone.
Check Root Status On Huawei P10 Plus
After rooting your Huawei P10 plus, now it’s the time to check is it properly rooted or Not? Root access is now ensured on your Huawei P10 EMUI 5.1 .
So if you followed all the above steps carefully then there should be a Supersu application in your rooted Huawei P10 Smartphone. If you are able to find supersu file on your device that means your device is fully rooted and getting root access on Huawei P10 EMUI 5.1 without effort.
This is all about “how to root Huawei P10 Plus EMUI 5.1 smartphone and how to install twrp recovery on Huawei P10 Plus EMUI 5.1 smartphone safely?” If you are finding a way to root Huawei P10 plus without pc then don’t waste your time. There is no any way to root Huawei P10 plus without pc or computer.
Till now if you have any quarry about to root Huawei P10 plus then leave your comment below.
Other Interesting Articles
- Hack wifi password in android without root
- How to hack wifi using androdumper?
- Fix Not Registered On Network Insert SIM Card [Universal Method]
- How To Fix Unknown Baseband Version on Samsung Galaxy Devices?
- Bypass FRP Lock On Lenovo K5 Using Android fastboot Reset Tool [100% Working]
- How to Remove FRP lock On Samsung Galaxy J500G Using Miracle Box?
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.