Method To Flash LG Firmware Using LG Flash Tool [KDZ & TOT Firmware]
Are you looking a perfect method to flash LG firmware to unbrick or restore stock ROM again? If yes then you have landed on the right place. In case, you are new to installing LG official firmware/stock ROM or don’t know how to use LG flash tool to flash LG firmware, definitely, this post is for you.
In this post, you will learn how it’s easy to install LG stock firmware with LGUP tool or LG flash tool. If your LG android phone is bricked or stuck in bootloop or stuck on LG logo, at that time it’s the best way to fix all these issues by flashing firmware again. For LG devices, you can do this by using LGUP tool 2023 latest version.
Probably, you may know that different android phones or feature phones have different firmware according to their chipset & brands. For example, Samsung firmware comes in .md5.tar format and it can be flash using Odin3 flash tool only. Same as, LG devices firmware comes in .KDZ & .TOT formats. That means, it require the LGUP tool or LG flash tool to install a new ROM.
It’s really very easy to install official stock rom on LG using LG flash tool. Don’t worry if the LGUP tool/ LG flash tool is new for you. Each and every step is described in this post with all necessary screenshots. Just download latest LG flash tool 2022 – 2023 and follow the procedure to flash LG firmware using LGUP tool.
Brand Name: LG G4
Model Number: LG-h815
Version – 5.1
Benefits Of Flashing Firmware On LG Devices
- Full Unroot your rooted LG android phone easily.
- Lock bootloader of LG android phone [For some LG devices, not for all]
- Fix software related issues on LG mobiles.
- Unlock PIN lock, pattern lock and fingerprint lock by installing new stock rom.
- Remove LG stuck on logo.
- Solve LG bootloop issue.
- Repair LG IMEI number, network issue, wifi issue and Bluetooth issue etc.
Important Points Before Going To Use LG Flash Tool
- LG flash tool or LGUP tool is must to flash firmware on LG android phones.
- LG firmware must be in .KDZ & .TOT format. Go to phone setting check model number, software version and then download the appropriate firmware for your device.
- LG device must be in bootloader mode or fastboot mode or download mode to install stock rom.
- Phone should be charge approx. 80% to prevent accidental power off in between flashing process.
- Working micro USB cable.
How To Flash LG Firmware Using LG Flash Tool or LGUP Tool
Now come to main topic and let’s see how to install LG stock rom using LG flash tool? LG flash tool is the universal flash tool for all LG android phones. User may try this flash tool to install stock firmware at their own home and no need to go anywhere to repair bricked LG devices.
Follow the below instructions to know How To Flash / Install LG Stock Firmware (ROMs) With universal LGUP Flash Tool 2023 – 2022.
Read More: How to flash LG devices using LGUP tool?
Download LG Flash Tool 2023 [any version] and LG drivers and firmware
LG Flash tool – Download [LG Flash Tool recommended]
LG Firmware – LG KDZ Firmware
LG USB drivers – Download
- Don’t forget to install LG usb drivers on windows pc. It’s necessary to detect the device properly.
- Download and extract the downloaded LG Flash tool zip file on desktop. Here you will see bunch of files including executable [.exe] setup file.
- Just run “LG flash tool2014.exe” file as administrator. In case, you are unable to run the file, install runtime library from here and come here again to try again.
- Extract the LG firmware zip file. It must be in .KDZ or .TOT format.
- Now come to LG flash tool and load LG .kdz firmware into LG flash tool window on your pc. For this purpose, click on “select KDZ File” option and browse the LG firmware from extracted firmware folder.
- “Select Type” should be as “CDMA” and leave all the options as it is. No need to change any other options from LG flash tool window.
- IMPORTANT: LG flash tool works only and only bootloader mode or download mode. So it’s necessary to boot LG device into bootloader mode first.
- Recheck everything carefully and if everything is ok and you have configured the LG tool as shown above then hit on “CSE Flash” button.
LG firmware flashing using Lg flash tool may wipe all user data and phone data completely including internal storage.
Normal Flash Option: If you are using “Normal Flash” option to flash LG KDZ ROM, it will flash firmware but not wipe phone data. Use this option to fix system error or to upgrade firmware version.
CSE Flash Option: Same as, “CSE Flash” option will wipe all user data and phone data completely. Use this option if you are soft bricked, bootloop or want to downgrade device version or want to install 100% stock again.
- Now a new window will be open in front of you [Read Phone Information]. Most of the options will be blank in “Read Phone Information” windows. Just click on “START” button from bottom of the tool.
- Again a new window will appear to select “country” and “Language”. Change it if you want and hit “ok” button to continue the process.
- All done!!! Now LG firmware flashing process will start automatically and you can see the complete flashing process on the screen.
Warning: In this stage, don’t unplug the USB cable in between the flashing process or don’t touch the cable in any how condition. Process may take long time to finish. So sit back and wait to complete the process for once.
- Once the process bar reaches on 95%, device will reboot automatically.
- After completing the process, click on “Exit” button from tool and setup the device again.
Please Note: If you were using “Normal Flash” option then no need to setup the device after flashing firmware. This option will flash LG firmware without data lose.
Video: Flash LG FIrmware Using LG Flash Tool
So guys this is all about “how to use LG flash tool?” and “how to use LG flash tool to flash LG firmware?” It’s 100% working and tested tool for any LG android phone. User may use this LG flash tool or LGUP tool to upgrade or downgrade LG firmware version at their own home.