Last updated on July 24th, 2019 at 03:43 pm
Flash Sony Firmware Using Flash Tool & XperiFirm Tool- Create FTF File – Here in this post we are going to share “how to download latest Sony Firmware by using Xperifirm tool?” and “How to create FTF file using Sony Mobile Flash Tool?” XperiFirm tool will help you to download latest Sony Stock firmware for your android device and after that you can upgrade or unbrick Sony device by flashing Stock ROM.we will use Sony Mobile Flash Tool to flash Sony android Smartphone.
If you are new and don’t know “how to create and flash FTF file?” then it’s ok and now no need to go anywhere to search about it. Here is a full detail post and we will guide you the whole process which make it easier to understand.
Download Official Sony Firmware Using XperiFirm Tool
Formally you can download or upgrade your Sony android devices through Sony companion, otherwise there is an another method by which you can download latest Sony Xperia Stock Rom for your device directly .For this you have to use “XperiFirm Tool” to download most recent updated Sony Stock Firmware from Sony server.
In past we managed a full detail post about “How to download XperiFirm tool and how to to use XperiFirm Tool ?” just click on link and read full detail post for better experience.
Flash Sony Firmware Using Flash Tool & XperiFirm Tool- Create FTF File
Now here is a quick post to learn “how to Flash Sony Firmware Using Flash Tool & XperiFirm Tool- Create FTF File?” just follow all the steps one by one and learn each and everything easily.
Download Xperifirm tool, Sony Mobile Flash Tool and create FTF file to flash stock firmware on any Sony android device or Smartphone.
- Download Xperimirm Tool to download latest Sony Firmware.
- Download Sony Mobile Flash Tool to flash stock ROM / Firmware
- Pc to perform the task.
- USB cable to attach your device with pc.
- Check and confirm your device model number and name [Setting>>About Phone]
Step02 Download Sony Xperia Firmware Using XperiFirm Tool
- After downloading the XperiFirm tool , Just launch it on pc and wait for updates to finish.
- From the left side section, choose your device model [make sure you selected the correct model]
- Now click on “Check All” and again wait for updates to finish.
- Now select the Sony Stock Firmware which you want to download.
- Now select the folder on pc where you want to store the downloaded Sony firmware.
- All Done!!!
Now downloading will take 10–15 minutes to complete. It will depend on the firmware size and your internet connection speed. After completing the download, you may proceed for the next step where we will create FTF file to Flash Sony Firmware Using Flash Tool.
Read full detail post to learn “how to use XperiFirm tool to download Sony Stock Firmware?”
Step03 Create Sony FTF Firmware File
- Download Sony Mobile Flash tool from the step01 and install it on pc.
- Now install Sony drivers , you may found it inside the Flash Tool.
- Now select the Flashmode drivers, fastboot Drivers and find your device model to install the appropriate drivers.
- Now launch the “Sony Mobile Flash Tool”.
- Now wait for few second at first time, click on Tool>>Bundles>> Create.
- Now again click on three dots icon & browse the downloaded Stock firmware which you placed on your pc.
- Now select all the items and click on “->”
- Under “Device” section and double click the rectangle box to select the correct phone model.
- Under Branding section, write down which network belongs.
- Under Version section, write down the firmware version.
- Now hit enter on “CREATE” button, now add the FSC script select “YES” & wait to complete the process for once.
- After completing the successful process, FTF file should be create.
After creating the FTF file now go for the next final step and Flash Sony Firmware Using Flash Tool.
Step04 Flash Sony FTF File Using Sony Mobile Flash Tool
- In this final step, click on lighting icon [in the left side] and select “Flashmode” option.
- Now select your device model, you may find it under Device section.
- Under Firmware, just click the arrow down & select phone model>>Branding>>Firmware version.
- Under Wipe column, put a check in “USERDATA and APPS_LOG”.
- Now click on “Flash”.
- Now wait for few minutes to popup a message.
- Now take your device in your hand, Hold Volume Down key while plugging into pc via USB cable.[Don’t plug it into the USB 3.0 Port]
- Now process will start automatically.
- Once it will complete, you may see a successful notification on your screen.
- Simply disconnect your device and Turn it ON.
May be you think it’s difficult to Flash Sony Firmware Using Flash Tool but we can assure you, its very simple task and you can do it yourself to upgrade or fix bricked Sony android device by flashing stock firmware.
Whole flashing process may take 15-20 minutes to complete. So don’t panic and don’t interrupt the process.
Full Video Tutorial – Flash Sony Firmware Using Flash Tool
This is all about “How To Flash Sony Firmware Using Flash Tool” & “How to create Sony FTF file to flash firmware” Till now if you have any quarry or getting trouble in any step then please feel free to ask us by leaving your valuable comments.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.