How To Enable Built In Screen Recorder On Android 10 Q Version Without Root
Do you know we can enable screen recording function in android 10 Q devices without root? If not then read the post properly and learn all possible ways to get inbuilt screen recorder in android Q phones. Best thing about this trick is that it’s an official method and no need to get root access on the device or no need to use any third party screen recording applications.
Probably you may know that android Q 10 supports built in screen recording functionality but official global stable version of android 10 disabled this function because of some security reasons. In earlier beat version this screen recording function was available with new android Q beta. But not for now. It’s hidden by the developer for stable version. So you have to enable it yourself, if you don’t want to install third party screen recorder app/apk in your mobile.
Google android is very popular because of lots of helpful applications. Screen recorder app is also one of them which used by thousands of android phone users. Many android users want to record their screen for different tasks. Reason may be different for different users but it’s one of the best utility android app nowadays.
So Google android developer included the feature with latest android 10 Q version. Unfortunately, after implementing the global stable android Q 10 version it’s not included in native android library. At the time of posting this article direct Built In Screen Recorder function is not available in Android Q 10 phones. You may see this function in coming update but if you want to enable native screen recorder app in android Q 10 mobile, follow the tutorial.
- Google’s Pixel/ XL, Pixel 2/ 2XL, and Pixel 3/ 3XL smartphones
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Asus Zenfone 5Z, OnePlus 6T, Realme 3 Pro, LG G8, Essential phone, Nokia 8.1, OPPO Reno, Sony Xperia XZ3, Tecno Spark 3 Pro, Vivo X27, Vivo NEX S, Vivo NEX A, Xiaomi Mi 9, and Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G
If you are going to apply the below tutorial then make sure your device is working on latest android Q 10 update. Just read the tutorial properly and enable hidden screen recording in android Q phones.
How to enable built-in Screen Recorder on Android 10 Q
Here are two different methods to enable or start hidden screen recording function on android 10 Q phones. You can unlock screen recording app from developer option or can enable it using adb commands. Both methods are official method and 100% working & tested by us.
Enabling screen recording function is an official method and no need to get root access on the device. So it will not harm your device and warranty. Moreover, no need to worry about user data and phone data. It will safe without any issue.
Method 01 Turn ON Built In Screen Recorder Using Developer Option [ No Pc ]
- Enable Developer Option
This step will open hidden “Developer Option” on your phone.
- Enable Built in screen Recorder
Again go back or “Phone Setting” >> find “Developer Option” >>> select “Feature Flags” option in the Debugging section.
Next, find the “settings_screenrecord_long_press” flag option and enable it or toggle it on.
- Done!!! Android Q 10 Build in Screen recorder function enabled now and you are free to record phone screen without using any third party app.
Method 02 Enable Built In Screen Recorder On Android 10 Using adb Commands
Many android Q users reported that they are unable to turn ON built in screen recorder in android Q using Developer option. Google may have it disabled because of a bug or any other reason. But don’t worry, you have another adb method to enable native screen recorder in android 10 phones.
If you are not able to find the feature flags option directly from developer option, use the following command from your pc / laptop.
- Download and install “minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool” on windows pc. [ DOWNLOAD ]
- Download and extract the “Platform tool” on desktop. [ Download ]
- Now enable USB debugging on your device from “Developer Option”.
- Connect the device with pc via working USB cable.
- Enter into extracted “Platform tool” folder, press & hold volume “shift” key + “Right” click >> select “open command windows here” option or “open power shell here” option to open command window on pc.
- Now type the below command and hit enter key.
Check your device screen and allow debugging permission.
- Again, type the following command and hit enter to enable screen recorder function on your android 10 phone.
adb shell settings put global settings_screenrecord_long_press true
- Done!!! Function is enabled on the device and you can start screen recording on your device without installing any third party screen recorder application.
How to use the built-in screen recorder on Android 10 Q
After applying the above steps, android 10 native screen recorder functions are enabled. Now let’s see how to use native built-in screen recorder?
Use of hidden screen recording function is very easy. Make sure you have enabled it properly by following above steps.
- Long press or hold Power button to open the power menu.
- Now long press the screenshot button until you see a pop-up menu with the Start Recording button. Just click on it for recording.
A new pop-up message will appear warning that this program will capture everything on your display. Choose “Start now” option.
How To Stop Recording
- Check notification bar and here you will see titled “Screen Recording” with stop, pause, and cancel options. From here you can start, pause and save your recording any time by pulling the tray down from the top.
So guys this is all about android 10 Q hidden built-in screen recorder feature which is disabled by developer. Just follow any above method and turn ON native screen recording in android mobile without root.
Use the method 01 to enable screen recorder in android Q for those who are running on android beta 1 and android beta 2. Otherwise, enable it via adb command method. Third party app can be dangerous some time or they can monitor your activates. To avoid this type of issue, use the native android Q 10 built-in screen recorder app.