Last updated on January 2nd, 2021 at 04:34 pm
If you are a oneplus 2 user and after spending lots of time with your one plus 2 ,now if you feel it’s the time to take it on next level and want to use it as an advanced user then root oneplus 2 .rooting is an ultimate way to unlock all the features to enjoy the full potential of your phone.so now here in this post we will guide you “How To Root OnePlus 2 Safely?”.
You can find many posts and rooting guide on the same subject but our all tutorials and root files are fully tested. So you can use them without any problem and can root your desired android phone ,by just following the step by step rooting guide.this post is only to root oneplus 2.don’t try to use it on any other oneplus android models or any other android phones.
Rooting is simple for any android device and you can customise your rooted android phone easily. But selection of wrong files or wrong process may brick your phone permanently. So now if you are going to root oneplus 2 then read our post carefully and try to understand all the steps and after that you can easily root oneplus 2 by following our oneplus 2 root guide.
How To Root OnePlus 2 Safely
If you are going to root oneplus 2 android phone then first you need to unlock bootloder of oneplus 2.after unlocking the bootloader you have to install custom recovery [TWRP/CWM] on oneplus 2 and then flash the SUPERSU file to root oneplus 2.now follow all the steps one by one to start oneplus 2 root process.
Enable USB Debugging And OEM unlock
- To enable developer option go to your phone setting>> About phone.
- Tab on build number option for 7 times .now you will get the message “you are now a developer”.
- Go back again and enter into the “developer”
- Now find the “USB debugging” option and enable it.
- Same as you will see the “OEM” option then enable it.
Click on the link and follow the step by step instructions to unlock bootloader of oneplus 2 [Its must].after unlocking the bootloader go to Step 02.
STEP 02 Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 2
Click on the link and follow the instructions to download and install minimal adb and fastboot tool.
- Download the TWRP recovery file for oneplus 2 on pc.
- Now copy the downloaded TWRP recovery file and move it to Minimal adb and fastboot folder.[c: programe files>>minimal adb fastboot ]
- now Press Shift key and right click on empty space and select open command window here [in minimal adb and fastboot folder]
- now power off your device and boot into fastboot mode.for this press and hold volume key+Power key together for few second and release it if you see the fastboot mode on your screen.
- enter the below command and hit enter
- type the below command again and hit enter
fastboot flash recovery oneplus2-twrp.img
- now twrp flashing process will start on your device .don’t stop the process.
Now you have successfully installed the twrp recovery on oneplus 2.
STEP 03 Root Oneplus 2 with TWRP Recovery
After installing the twrp recovery now you are ready to root oneplus 2 by flashing the superSu file.
- Download SuperSu file and then copy on your phone storage without any folder.
- Now you need to boot your device into TWRP recovery mode.to boot into twrp recovery you need to press and hold VOLUME down key+Power key together for few second and release it as you see twrp recovery.
- Connect your phone with pc and click on “Install” option and select the SuperSu file [make sure its already on your phone memory]
- Swipe the button to start the flashing supersu file.
- It will take few second to complete the process.
- After completing the process ,just click on “Reboot: option to restart your device.
Done!!! Now you have successfully rooted your oneplus 2 .
Quick Points About Root OnePlus 2
- Enable USB debugging And OEM unlock.
- Install “minimal adb and fastboot tools on pc.
- Then unlock bootloader of oneplus 2.
- Install twrp recovery on oneplus 2.
- After installing the twrp recovery just flash supersu file to root oneplus 2.
This is all about “how to root and install twrp recovery on oneplus 2 safely?”if you have any quarry then please feel free to ask us by leaving your commants.we will try to solve your problem as soon as possible.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.