How To Root Samsung S10 / S10E / S10E Plus Using Magisk
Root Samsung S10 / S10E / S10E Plus Using Magisk
Before going to Start Samsung Galaxy S10 root process, its must to know that this root guide is only and only for Samsung s10, S10e & s10e plus [Exynos Only]. Here we will show you the easiest method to root Samsung S10 SM-g973f which is same for all other Samsung S10 or S10e or s10e plus models.
For those, who really want to root Samsung Galaxy S10 / S10e or S10e plus, just follow the steps properly and get full root access on Samsung S10. This time Samsung S10 rooting procedure is completely different from traditional rooting process.
Special thanks to topjohnwu, XDA developer who developed this root method for Exynos based Samsung S10 mobile.
So if you are one of them who wants to root Samsung Galaxy S10 for modification or customization, this guide is for you. It’s a 100% working and tested Samsung S10 root method. So you can also apply it on your own device. But make sure, all the steps should be followd properly. Once wrong step may brick the device permanently.
Probably you may know that now a days Samsung S10, S10e and S10e plus come with pre-locked bootloader. That means, you have to unlock bootloader of Samsung S10 before any modification like root or twrp recovery. Otherwise, there is no any method to root Samsung Galaxy S10e plus or S10 or S10e without unlock bootloader.
Supporting Devices And Model Numbers
- Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, S10e and S10e plus
- Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F, SM-G973N, SM-G973F-DS
- Samsung Galaxy S10e SM-G970F, SM-G970N, SM-G970F-DS
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus SM-G975F, SM-G975N, SM-G975F-DS
Models NOT SUPPORTED:
- Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973U
- Samsung Galaxy S10e SM-G970U
- Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G975U
Root Samsung Galaxy S10, S10E And S10 Plus Using Magisk
Its must to know that here we are going to root Samsung S10 using Magisk root package. Magisk is a systemless root solution that gets flashed onto the device through TWRP custom recovery. But in this process, we will patch official firmware file with magisk to get root patch file.
If you are newbie user and don’t have enough idea about Magsik root manager, please read the below two paragraphs for quick intro about Magisk.
Magisk is a root utility meant for recent Android revisions. It works by simply patching the boot image and other related files while not messing with the main system partition. This means, the root implementation through Magisk is much cleaner and is easier to uninstall afterwards.
After you finish implementing Magisk, there is no difference between systemless root or root gained by modifying the system partition. Rather, Magisk has its own Magisk Modules which give it an edge over other root solutions.
How To Root Samsung S10 / S10E / S10E Plus Using Magisk
As we already told you that this time Samsubg s10e plus, Samsung S10 and Samsung s10e root procedure is completely different from traditional method. So read the post properly, try to understand each and every steps and then go foreword to root your own device.
Pre-Requirements To Root Samsung S10 / S10E / S10E
- Charge the device approx 80% to prevent accidental power off in between root process.
- Download all root require files and place them properly.
- Don’t forget to take backup of the device because bootloader unlocking process will wipe all data of your phone.
- Root may void phone warranty.
- This root process is only and only for Exynos based Samsung s10, s10e and s10 plus models.
Download Samsung Galaxy S10 / S10E / S10e Plus Root Files, Tool and Drivers
Samsung USB Drivers : DOWNLOAD / MIRROR
Samsung Flash Tool : ODIN
Magisk Root Package : DOWNLOAD / MIRROR / MIRROR
Samsung Firmware: SAMMobile[Download Samsung firmware according to your own device model number only]
Steps To Root Samsung S10 / S10E / S10e Plus
To make it easy to understand, we are spiting the whole rooting process in different sections. Follow the steps one by one properly.
Step01 Unlock Bootloader Of Samsung S10 / S10e / S10e Plus
Step02 Configure Firmware And Magisk Manager
- download official stock ROM for your device from SAMMobile site.
- just extract the downloaded Samsung S10 stock ROM zip file on pc.
- Open the extracted folder and copy the “AP” file and move it into phone storage.
- Now download Magisk file and install it on your device properly.
- Open Magisk app, click on “Install” option, allow the permission and again hit on “Install” option [ check Screenshot].
- In next step, it will ask you to “Select Method”, just click on “Select and Patch a file” option. Browse the “AP” from phone storage.
- Above step will start to flash firmware file with root and will create a new patch file which we will use to flash with Odin tool. Most probably you will see Magisk_Patched.tar in phone’s download folder.
- Close the app after flashing done!!!
- Now open phone storage on pc and find the “Magisk-Patched.tar” file and move it on your pc.
Step03 Root Samsung S10 By Flash Patched File
- Make sure bootloader already unlocked. If yes, boot device into download mode manually.
- Now Run odin tool as administrator.
- If the device is properly connected with pc into downloading mode, you will see “added” message in log window.
- Click on “AP” button and load “magisk_patched.tar” file.
- Navigate to “Options” tab, untick “Auto-Reboot” option as shown in below step.[IMPORTANT STEP]
- Finally hit on “START” button to flash root file using ODIN tool.
- After getting the green Pass message on the tool, you are free to unplug USB cable from your device.
- This step is very important and unique: After Odin completes the flash, disconnect your smartphone from PC. Now press and hold Power button and Volume Down button to exit Download Mode. As soon as the screen turns off, start holding Power, Volume Up and Bixby button. This will lead you to recovery mode.
- Now use navigation key and factory reset the device by Wipe Data / Factory reset and then confirm option.
- After its done, you can select Reboot from options and confirm. When the screen turns off, again hold Power, Volume Up and Bixby button but this time you should stop holding them as soon as you see Bootloader warning screen.
- Now device will reboot into phone OS with root access and you can see Mahsik apk in app drawer. If not then install Magisk from APK.
Must Read Different Boot options
There are also technicalities involved after you have installed Magisk. To boot to a system with Magisk installed, you will have to boot to recovery every time. And since the recovery also exists in the same partition as Magisk does, the phone decides which way to boot on the basis of how long you press volume up. Topjohnwu has summarized this post-Magisk scenario as follows:
- (Powering up normally) ? (System with no Magisk)
- (Power + Bixby + Volume Up) ? (Bootloader warning) ? (Release all buttons) ? (System with Magisk)
- (Power + Bixby + Volume Up) ? (Bootloader warning) ? (Keep holding volume up) ? (Actual recovery)
This the complete step by steps to root guide for Samsung galaxy S10 , s10e and S10e plus mobile.This root process is only and only for android 9 powered Samsung S10/s10e/s10e plus mobile. If you have any other android version then don’t try it or ask us for support.
As you can see, whole rooting process is quite different from traditional root method. So do it properly and don’t mess the steps. Otherwise, it may lead to brick the device.