[Nokia 2018] How To Root Nokia 6.1 Without TWRP Recovery
Here is good news for all Nokia 6.1 android smartphone users. Now users can root Nokia 6.1 without twrp recovery installation. That means, direct method is available to get root access on Nokia 6.1 2018.
Recently Nokia released their new updated and latest version as a Nokia 6.1 2018 with Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630 chipset CPU. Nokia 6.1 is the first android Oreo based smartphone of 2018 Nokia. Latest android version, powerful CPU, 32/64 GB internal storage and 3/4 GB RAM are other rich features of latest Nokia 6.1 2018.
But if you an advanced android users and not satisfied with it’s stock features then rooting may help you to customize the device in your own way. For example, install new custom ROMs, apply different android tricks & tweaks and install root access required apps/apk for modification etc.
That means, once you have full root access on Nokia 6.1 then you are free to apply any changes on the device as a developer.
But if you want to know how to root Nokia 6.1 without TWRP recovery then his root guide is for you. Simply follow the instructions as it is as shown below.
If you are newbie user or it’s your first attempt to root any device then it’s important to know that same as other devices Nokia 6.1 also come with locked bootloader. So you have unlock bootloader of Nokia 6.1 first. Otherwise, bootloader will not allow you apply changes on system files. In short, bootloader unlocking must be your first step in order to flash twrp or root the devices. Once you have bootloader unlocked Nokia 6.1 2018, you are completely free to continue the next step.
This root guide is only and only for Nokia 6.1 2018 android Oreo & above versions. Don’t try to apply this process and root files on any other devices.
Models: Nokia 6.1 TA-1043 / TA-1045 / TA-1068 / TA-1089
Bootloader unlocking and rooting process may void phone warranty. Moreover, one wrong step may brick the device permanently. So be careful and do this on your own risk.
Don’t forget to take backup of the device, it may erase or wipe all user data and phone data completely.
Nokia 6.1 2018 TWRP Recovery
Custom TWRP recovery for Nokia 6.1 2018 not available at this time. Wait for some time, we will update it very soon.
Download Nokia 6.1 Root Package & Other Files
Nokia 6.1 Root File [Magisk Manager APK 5.8.3] : DOWNLOAD / MIRROR
Minimal adb & Fastboot Tool : DOWNLOAD [With Installation Guide]
How To Root Nokia 6.1 Without TWRP Recovery
As we already told you, in this root guide we will root Nokia 6.1 2018 without twrp recovery. For this purpose, you have to unlock bootloader of nokia 6.1 using fastboot command then flash “patched boot file” on the device. Finally root Nokia 6.1 using Magisk manger apk v25.8.2. That’s it.[A] Unlock Nokia 6.1 Bootloader Using Fastboot Command [B] Root Nokia 6.1 Using Magisk Manager APK
[A] Unlock Nokia 6.1 Bootloader Using Fastboot Command
Bootloader unlocking of Nokia 6.1 is the most important step to continue the next root process. But problem is that there is no any official method is available for bootloader unlocking like Xiaomi, Huawei, Motorola etc.
In short, no need to ask for permission to unlock bootloader of any Nokia mobiles. So you can relock bootloader again with one simple command.
Unlock Bootloader Of Nokia 6.1 2018
[B] Root Nokia 6.1 Using Magisk Manager APK
Note: Make sure bootloader of the device is unlocked.
- Download all the files [Patched Boot File, Minimal adb & fastboot Tool and Magisk Manager apk] on pc.
- Rename the “Patched boot image file” as “recovery.img”
- Now copy the magisk manager apk and transfer it into internal storage of the device. [we will use it in final step]
- Next, enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock on the device and don’t forget to connect the device with pc via USb cable.
- Now, install “Minimal adb & fastboot tool” on pc. It’s must to run fastboot commands through the pc/laptop.
- copy the recovery.img file and transfer it into adb folder location. [My Computer >> C Drive >> ADB Folder]
- Now press & Hold “Shift” key + “Right” click + select “open command window here” or “open powershell window here” option as shown below.
It will open a new command window on pc. Don’t close it. We will use it in next step.
- Run the below command and boot Nokia 6.1 into fastboot mode automatically.
adb reboot bootloader
If you get a permission dialogue on your device to “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK.
- Once the device into fastboot/bootloader mode, execute the below command to Install the patched boot file temporarily.
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Finally reboot device into normal mode by following below command.
- Wait for normal boot and then open file manger to install “magisk Manager apk” .
- Open the Magisk Manager app, and choose the Install directly option to install root.
- Device will restart again. Reboot is must to apply all the changes.
- Done!!! you have successfully rooted your own Nokia 6.1 safely.
download any root checker app from Google Play Store and install it to verify root access on the device.
So guys this is all about “how to root Nokia 6.1 Oreo Mobile using magisk manager apk? Till now getting any issue in any step, please notify us by leaving your comment.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.