Unlock Bootloader Of OnePlus 6 : Are you involved in android rooting and customization? If yes then it’s must to know that bootloader unlocking is must to apply changes on the bootloader locked devices like OnePlus 6 Oreo. Same as, if you are going to install twrp recovery or want to root oneplus 6 smartphone, bootloader unlocking should be your first step. Otherwise, there is no any way to root OnePlus 6 without unlock bootloader.
Like many other Smartphone, onlpus 6 also come with pre-locked bootloader by manufacturer. Locked bootloader is a security feature to protect the system files of the device. So before going to apply any modifications and customization, unlock bootloader of OnePlus 6 and then you are free to do anything with your device. But remember, it may void phone warranty and you can’t get it back again.
In simple word, Bootloader unlocking is manufacturers lock of the device so that only the operating system installed on the device can be used. Just because of this, it’s necessary to unlock bootloader of OnePlus 6 mobile. Bootloader unlocking allows you to install any unauthorized or un-official software.
To run a custom recovery or ROM, you need to unlock the bootloader first.
Unlocking the bootloader for the OnePlus 6 does not require any tool and special code from OnePlus, but it does guarantee that your device warranty will be void. Either way, the ability to install a custom recovery such as TWRP and rooting the OnePlus 6 may as well be worth it for some users. So keep this thing in your mind and then go for next.
Best part of OnePlus 6 bootloader unlock method is that no need to use any bootloader unlocking tool or software. Same as no need to ask for official permission. Simply apply the few adb commands to unlock Oneplus 6 bootloader within few seconds.
Here in this OnePlus 6 bootloader unlocking method we will use “Minimal adb and fastboot tool” which is part of SDK tool. Don’t worry it’s a small size tool and take only 15 seconds to install on windows pc.
Now let’s see how it’s easy to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 6? This method is an universal for all OnePlus devices.
Points To Know Before Unlock OnePlus 6 Bootloader
- Process is same for all android version of OnePlus 6 mobile.
- Bootloader unlocking may void phone warranty.
- Unlock bootloader never harm your device.
- Bootloader mode or fastboot mode are same for OnePlus 6 mobile.
- Lock or Unlock bootloader of OnePlus 6 by adb command. No any toot or any special code required from Oneplus officially.
- Bootloader unlocking process will wipe or erase all user data and phone data permanently. So don’t forget to take backup of the device.
- Bootloader unlocking process is same for all OnePlus device like OnePlus 1, Oneplus 2, Oneplus 3/3t, Oneplus 5/5t and OnePlus 6 etc.
Video : Unlock Bootloader OnePlus 6
Universal method for OnePlus Devices.
How To Lock Unlock Bootloader Of OnePlus 6 Phone
Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus 6 Smartphone
Step01 Pre- Requirements
- Charge your device aprox 80% to prevent accidental power off in between the bootloader unlocking process.
- Take backup of your data, if anything goes wrong you may restore it again. [Otherwise Safe]
- Working USB cable to connect the device with pc.
Step02 Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock And Advanced Reboot
USB debugging and OEM unlock is necessary to apply adb commands. Otherwise, you can’t execute the adb command through the pc.
- To enable developer option go to your phone setting>> About phone.
- Tab on build number option for 7 times. Now you will get the on screen message “you are now a developer”.
- Go back again and enter into the “Developer” option.
- Find the “USB debugging” option and enable it.
- Same as you will see the “OEM” option then enable it.
- Scroll down and Enable “Advance Reboot” option for quick reboot to bootloader.
Step03 Install Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool on PC
- Download “minimal adb & fastboot tool” and install on pc by following the below link. It’s only a 15 seconds process and must.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader Of OnePlus 6 Using ADB Command
- Connect the device with pc. [make sure USB debugging is on]
- Open “adb folder” on your pc. Adb folder location [C:/ >adb folder]
- Click anywhere in adb folder and press & hold “Shift” key + right mouseclick and select “open command window here” option or “open poweshell window here” option. Now command window will be open in front of you.
- Copy or type the below adb command and hit enter button to boot oneplus 6 into fastboot mode / bootloader mode. [ If you get a permission dialogue on your OnePlus 6 to “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK.]
adb reboot bootloader
Phone will reboot into bootloader or fastboot mode automatically.
- Next, type the below commend to check if your device is properly connected with pc in fastboot mode or not?
- In next step, type the below command and hit enter button to unlock bootloader of OnePlus 6
fastboot oem unlock
- Move on your device, it will ask for permission to unlock bootloader, Select “YES” option using power key.
- All done!!! You have successfully unlock bootloader of OnePlus 6
- Device will reboot automatically after unlocking process.
Relock Bootloader Of OnePlus 6
In case, you wish to lock bootloader of OnePlus 6 again, use any commands from below.
fastboot oem lock
fastboot flashing lock
fastboot oem relock
What’s Next After Oneplus 6 booloader Unlocking
Once you have bootloader unlocked Oneplus 6 android device. You are free to customize the device as developer. But before that flash twrp recovery and get root access on bootloader unlocked OnePlus 6 android Oreo phone. Go through the below links install twrp recovery or root Oneplus 6 without pc.[a] Root Oneplus 6 without pc [b] Flash TWRP recovery on OnePlus 6 [C] Install Custom ROMs on oneplus 6 [Update soon] [d] Android Tricks & Tweaks
This is the complete tutorial about to lock and unlock bootloader of OnePlus 6 android phone. Simply install “minimal adb & fastboot tool” to apply adb command and lock unlock bootloader Oneplus 6 Oreo 8.1. It’s an universal method for almost all android phone [not for Motorola, xiaomi, Huawei etc].