Root Essential Phone With TWRP Recovery
Essential phone twrp recovery and root guide is here. Good news for all Essential phone users who was waiting for custom twrp recovery for Essential mobile. After waiting a long time, TWRP recovery for Essential phone is now available to download and user can flash magisk root file or Supersu root file to get root access on their own Essential phone.
So if you are an advance android user and want to root Essential phone using Magisk / Supersu then this guide is for you. In this Essential phone root guide, we will show you all the steps to install twrp recovery on Essential phone. After that you are free to root Essential phone with Supersu or Magisk root file. Just flash SuperSu or Magisk root package using twrp recovery, that’s it.
One more important point thing about Essential Root guide. This time, twrp recovery installation process is little bit different from traditional twrp recovery installation process. So if you are new for rooting then read the post carefully, try to understand all the steps properly and then go for next to flash twrp recovery on Essential phone. After that root Essential phone without pc / computer.
Credit – Official TWRP recovery or un-official twrp recovery both are available for Essential phone. Unofficial twrp recovery of Essential phone developed by well-known developer Ethan Yonker, also known by XDA moniker Dees_Troy.
WARNING: TWRP recovery flashing and rooting is very simple and safe but don’t try anything given on this page if you do not know completely what you are doing. One single wrong step may brick the device permanently. So do it on your own risk.
Download Essential Phone TWRP Recovery & Root File
Un-official TWRP For Essential Phone : [twrp-installer-mata-3.2.3-0.zip] TWRP ZIP
Official TWRP Recovery Essential Phone – DOWNLOAD
Download Image File : [twrp-3.2.3-0-mata] TWRP IMG
Download Essential Phone Root File
Other Required Files
Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool – DOWNLOAD
Pre- Requirements To Flash TWRP & Root Essential Phone
- Download TWRP Zip file [Don’t extract] & Magisk v17.1 zip file [Don’t extract] and transfer them into internal storage of the device.
- Remove phone PIN lock password or pattern lock. [MUST]
- Don’t forget to take back of the device, otherwise it will remove or wipe all user data and phone data completely.
- Install minimal adb & fastboot tool on pc.
- Unlock Bootloader of the device. [MUST]
Step01 Unlock Bootloader Of Essential Phone
Bootloader unlocking is the first step in order to root Essential Phone. Otherwise, you can’t flash twrp recovery on Essential Phone. In short, bootloader unlocking is most important before any modification or customization on the device. Once you have bootloader unlocked device in your hand, come here again to continue the next step.
Step02 Install TWRP On Essential Phone
TWRP recovery installation is must to flash root package on the device. It will replace default stock recovery with custom twrp recovery. TWRP recovery is important because you can’t flash any third party zip files using stock recovery but custom recovery like TWRP/CWM can do it easily.
- Make sure TWRP Zip file & Magisk v17.1 zip files are saved in phone storage.
- Now Boot Boot Essential Phone Into Fastboot Mode manually.
Power Off >> Press & Hold Volume Down key Together at the same time
- Connect the device with pc via USB cable.
- Download and install “minimal adb & Fastboot Tool” on pc.
- Open adb folder location [C Drive >> ADB Folder]
- Now copy the downloaded “TWRP IMG” file and move it into adb folder and rename it as “recovery.img” as shown in below step.
- Click anywhere into adb folder, press & hold “SHIFT” key + “Right” click and select “Open command window here” or “open power shell window here” option as shown below. It will open a new command window on pc.
- Find Active Slot: Now you have to identify the current slot [active slot] of the device. It’s important because, in case current slot is “A” that means non-active slot is “b” then flash twrp recovery on non-active slot “B”. Same as if active slot is “B” then flash recovery on non-active slot “A”.
To check active slot of your device, execute the below command and note the active slot.
fastboot getvar current-slot
Please Note: Let’s assume our current slot [Active Slot is A] then we will flash twrp recovery on non-active slot “B”.
- Now flash twrp recovery on non-active slot by using below command.
fastboot flash boot_b recovery.img[Note: in case active slot is “B” for you then execute this command fastboot flash boot_a recovery.img]
- Change Non-Active Slot To Active Slot: TWRP recovery will flash on the device but you have change non-active slot to active slot by following below command. This command will change non-active slot as active slot or current slot.
- Again go the device, use volume rocker key and select “Recovery mode” to boot device into twrp recovery directly.
- At first boot, it will ask you to select “Keep Read only” or “Swipe to allow modification” option. Here we recommend you to select “Swipe to allow modification”.
- Click on “Install” option from main menu, browse the “TWRP Zip file” from internal storage and swipe to flash.
- Now tap on “Home” icon and click on “Reboot” option and choose the originally active partition [It was “A” for our device]. [It will change our bookable slot to slot A]
- Again click on “Home” icon and hit on “reboot” >> “System” >> “Don not install” option.
- Device will reboot into android os again.
- ALL Done!!! you have installed twrp recovery on Essential Phone without any issue.
Step04 Root Essential Phone Using Magisk
TWRP recovery already installed on the device and now you are free to flash magisk root package to get root access on the device. This time pc not required to root Essential Phone.
- Connect the device with pc and transfer the Magisk zip file into phone storage.
- Next boot device into twrp recovery manually.
- Once you are into twrp recovery menu, click on “Install” option, browse “magisk v17.1 zip file” and swipe to flash.
- Finally click on “Reboot system” >> “Donot install” to reboot device into android OS.
- Here it may take few minutes to reboot the device.
Check Root Access On Essential Phone
After applying all the above steps, now open app drawer and find the “Magisk app”. If it’s available there that means device is fully rooted.
For more, download and install any root checker app from Google play store and apply to verify root verification. It will show the current status of the device.
In case, you want to revert back on Stock ROM or want to unroot the device then flash official firmware.
This is all about “how to install twrp and Root Essential Phone safely?” just follow all the steps as shown above in tutorial as it is. It’s 100% working and safe method to root Essential Phone.
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.