Flash TWRP Recovery Using Sp Flash Tool [Universal Method]
Here is a full detail guide on “how to flash twrp recovery using Sp flash tool?” If your device is based on MediaTek [MTK] chipset then you can flash firmware or twrp recovery by using Sp flash tool. Sp flash tool is the most popular flashing tool for all Mediatek devices.
Remember one thing, Mediatek firmware flashing and twrp recovery flashing both are different task. But process is almost same for firmware flashing and twrp recovery flashing.
Most important part is scatter file, if you want to flash twrp recovery on MTK mobile.
So here in this post we are going to discuss only and only about “how to install twrp recovery on mediatek phones using Sp flash tool”? For more to learn about Mediatek firmware flashing visit here.
TWRP Recovery With Scatter File With Device Name
Quick Guide To Install TWRP Recovery With Sp Flash Tool
Make sure you device is based on MediaTek chipset. Just download TWRP recovery and scatter file for your device and flash custom recovery with Sp flash tool as shown below.
Important Points To Flash TWRP Recovery On MediaTek Phones
- Download only and only supporting twrp files [Don’t use Firmware]
- Downloaded file must be containing with TWRP [.img file] and scatter.txt file.
- Scatter file and twrp recovery may be different for different devices.
- Try to use latest Sp flash tool to flash twrp recovery.
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery On MTK Phones
- Open downloaded “TWRP Recovery” zip file. [TWRP recovery folder must be contain with .img file and scatter.txt file]
- Extract the downloaded “Sp flash tool” & launch it as administrator on pc.
- Click on “Scatter-loading” option and load the scatter file from “TWRP Recovery” folder.
- Configure Sp flash tool to flash twrp recovery – Click check mark only and only on “recovery” option as shown in below screenshot.
Important: Make sure all other options are unchecked or un-ticked.
- Select “Download Only” option from drop down section.
- Next, hit on “DOWNLOAD” button from top of the tool.
- Power off your device properly, connect it with pc via USB cable.
- As soon as device is detected by tool, flashing process will start automatically.
- You can see flashing process bar on flash tool.
- Wait to complete flashing process. It may take few minutes to flash twrp recovery on MTK phone.
- After completing the process, you will see a Successful message on tool window.
- All Done!!!
Congratulations!!! You have successfully installed twrp recovery using Sp flash tool.
Please Note – Reboot may take long time in it’s first normal boot. So sit back and wait to reboot it automatically.
How To Boot Into TWRP Recovery
Most of the device can boot into twrp recovery by following key combinations.
Power Off Device >> Press & Hold Volume up + power key together at the same time.
If above key combinations are not helping to boot device into twrp recovery, change and apply different key combinations.
Root Any Android Phone Using Magisk or SuperSu
Once you are ready with twrp recovery, you are ready to root your device by flashing SuperSu or Magisk file. Go through the below link and learn how to root any device after flashing twrp recovery.
Root any android by flashing SuperSu exploit [Universal Root Method]
Flash Magisk & Root any android [Universal Root Method]
So this is all about how to flash twrp recovery on Mediatek chipset based smartphone? It’s an universal method to install twro recovery using Sp flash tool but only and only for MTK mobile. Scatter file is must to use Sp flash tool. Without scatter file you can’t flash firmware or twrp recovery using sp flash tool.
For other devices, read how to install twrp recovery on non-rooted android phones [Universal Method]?
I am Jagmohan Singh Negi A Tech Enthusiastic Person. I always want to explore something new and experiment on Android Smartphones, here on 99mediasector.com i share solutions of Latest Android Bugs and Their Fixes, Latest Android launches, and How-to-Type Solutions for All Android Smartphones.