How to enable OTG support in any android phone that does not have an OTG support without root and With Root– I know you are here because you want to attach your Pan drive,mouse,game pad ,keyboard etc with your device via OTG cable but your brand new android phone is not supporting OTG Support feature and now you want to enable OTG Cable support in your android device.so here I can say you are on right place and today I will show you “how to enable OTG support in any android phone?” OR “How to connect OTG cable with any android devices that does not have an OTG support?”
Basically OTG is an “On The Go” device which allows you to attach Pan drive with any android to increase external storage.Same as you can also attach your PC keyboard,mouse and game pad etc.Now a days most of the smartphones come with OTG support feature and no need to use any OTG support software for android to enable it.But some times you need to enable OTG support in android manually.So read this full post to know “How to enable OTG support in any android phone without root or with root?”
How To Enable OTG Support In Any Android Phone Without Root
Ok now let me clear one thing before string the process.in the starting of the days OTG support was fully depended on hardware capability and no need to use any OTG support software but still there are so many android devices that have OTG support feature but its not enabled by manufacturer or developer.so if there is an OTG Support in your android phone then we can use some trick to add OTG support in any android phone without root.
Example– Google Nexus 4 does not support OTG suppot feature and you cant enable OTG support in Google Nexus 4 without root.but if it’s rooted then you can flash custom karnel to add OTG Support.
Quick Points To Know To Make OTG Support In Android
Q.1 Is it possible to enable OTG support in any android phone?
Ans. No,you cant add otg support in any android phone because OTG support is a hardware and software combination.if your phone have otg support and its not enabled by manufacturer then in that case you can enable OTG support in any android phone without root.
Q.2 Is it possible to enable OTG support in any android phone without root?
Ans. YES, you can enable OTG support in any android phone without root but if your phone does not have OTG support hardware then you can’t enable it in any how condition.
Q3. Can we enable OTG support in any android phone with root?
Ans. Yes,you can enable OTG support in any android phone with root .if your phone is rooted then you no need to use any otg support software in android phone.By using rooted android device you can add otg support karnel or also can use vold.fstab script to enable OTG support in any android phone.
Q4. Can we add hardware to enable OTG support in any android phone?
Ans. If you ask me ,I really don’t know its possible or not.but if you try to search on internet about this quarry then you can find many post about that.
So as I told you ,OTG support for android mobile depends on hardware and if OTG support is disabled by manufacturer then we will use some trick to add otg support feature in android phone.this guide is only for those who have OTG supported hardware.here we will show show you “How to enable OTG support in any android without root and with root?”
How To Enable OTG Support In Any Android Phone With Root
How To Enable OTG Support In Any Android Phone With Root [Using Vold.fstab file]
If you are using rooted android phone then follow this method to know “How to enable OTG support in any android with root?”
- First root your device if its not rooted.
- Download and install Root browser app or Root explorer app OR Es File explorer app [we are using Root Browser app]
- Download and install Busy Box app .if you don’t know how to install busy box properly then click here to know.
- Now open root browser app and launch it.
- Now supersu will ask you for root permission,just click on “ALLOW” for Grant permission.
- Now you will see many folder in root browser app.just scroll down the screen and find the “etc” folde and click to open it.
- Now scroll down the screen and find the “Vold.fstab” file and open it any test editor.
- Now you will see many scripts in vold.fstab file. don’t change any thing otherwise you may brick your device.
- Scroll down and paste the below script to enable otg support in rooted android smartphone.
# usb otg disk
dev_mount usbotg /mnt/usbotg auto /devices/platform/mt_usb /devices/platform/musbfsh_hdrc
- Now click on “SAVE” button to to save the modification.
- Now reboot your device to apply the modification.[Reboot is must]
- ALL Done!!!
- Now connect your OTG cable and pen drive with your device to check its working or not.it should be work if otg support hardware is there in your android phone.
How To Enable OTG Support In Any Android Phone With Root Using NeOGT APK by XDA
This method is developed by XDA developer to enable OTG support in any android and you can find complete tutorial from the below link.
- First of it’s required root access .if your device is not rooted then root it first.
- If its not working then flash different custom ROM and Karnel on your rooted android phone.
- Now download the “NeOTG” apk from the above link and install it.
- After launching this app ,you can see a warning message says “I am not responsible of any misuse or any damage of your device etc” so read it carefully and do it on your own risk.if you are agree and want to proceed it then click on “Let’s Go” button.
- Now here you can see “Enable OTG” button.just click on it to enable otg support on android device.
- All Done!!!
You can watch this process from the below listed video.
How To Enable OTG Support In Any Android Phone Without Root?
Ok now if you trying to find a way to enable otg support in android without root then make sure you device have a hardware support.then you can add otg support feature in your android devices.
- First off you need to know your device compatible for OTG Support or not? For this Download USB OTG Support Checker app from play store.
- After downloading it ,just launch the app.here you can see “Check USB OTG Support” option.click to open it.
- Now process will start to check your phone compatibility and you will get a message “Checking”.
- After checking it will display a message “Your device supports OTG Support”.
- Congratulations !!! if you can see the above message that means you can add OTG support in android manually by doing below process.
Remember if your device support the OTG feature and it is disabled by manufacturer then stock file manager will not support OTG and therfore users think that their phone does not support OTG feature.so if you want to enable otg support in android then you need to install “es File Explorer” app from play store.
- First of all download & install “ES File Explorer” and launch it.
- Now attach your USB Drive OR Pen drive using OTG cable in your charging port.
- Now you will get a notification asking “Enable USB OTG Support”.
- Now click on “YES” to enable it on android.
- Now Es file explorer will show you USB Storage folder.
- All Done!!! Now you can access all the files and folders which are stored in your pen drive.
How do I enable an Otg support in a device that does not have an OTG support?
OTG support is based on hardware configuration that means you can’t enable OTG support in any android if your device does not have OTG support.
If OTG support is disabled by manufacturer or developer then you can enable otg support without root and with root.same as you can also flash custom ROM on your device that has Native USB support .
This is all about “how to enable otg support in any android without root and with root?” here we tried our best to explain each and everything for thos who really want to add otg support in android phone.we hope now it’s clear that otg support is based on hardware and you can enable otg support if it disabled by manufacturer or developer.that means your phone should be OTG supported otherwise you can’t add any external hardware to enable otg support in any android phone.